Starting to believe OW comp rigged

It means your skill is holding you back mainly, and there is no point of looking for anything else. Especially talking about the ranks where the mechanical skill can carry more than any micro and macro for your team.

You have to be a booster to experience it.

When you start winning a bunch of games (in low elo) you start getting 50-100 SR gains (even on gold bordered accounts).

2 Likes

This all sounds like your backing out on your views. You were agreeing too much and now this talk of APM and now character specific, which opens a whole new chapter in balance.

Long story short.

I asked this question:

You answered:

Its hard to misconstrue a single word, yet somehow I did…

Since you answered, that means you agreed to “less skilled teammates”. So lets stop this whole argument of APM. Call it what you want. To make the game harder, it will find a perceived harder opponents, and at the same time - “less skilled teammates” (who cares what toon they pick).

How does the system do this?

There. The match maker “arranges” the matches to make it hard for you to seek out a 50/50 win rate because then it has “identified” your rank. The moment you get close to a new rank, it has to go on the extreme of “harder opponents / weaker teammates”. Just as OP has said.

Let it be settled.

Coincidently, I think it does this at every divisible of MMR of -3 to 3 divide by 7 (7 ranks). Thats why you can be at mid gold and find it “hard” cause your about to go to the next notch of MMR. - But then folks say I dont understand stuff… but this will go over so many people heads.

2 Likes

Welcome to the pendulum.

Are those actual numerics? -3 to 3? How much research was involved to get that base? Nobody is saying much about those kinds of numbers in the algorithms, or where that formula even came from if Blizzard is staying tight-lipped about it all. I can pull replays of my past 4 games that show the uneven skill sets in MMR. I do great one match and immediately get stomped in another? If there “aren’t many smurf accounts in bronze”, why am I pitted against people listed as bronze obviously playing on a much higher level than bronze? The “logistics” for that basis are almost moot without a source to base this from…

1 Like

I got the 7 by how many ranks. So if u divide 4500 / 7, then -3 being bronze. Coincidently this was all confirmed by this video…

GDC 2016

No, you’re just taking everything on the extremes.

It’s kinda funny actually.

Well yes, Bob. Your team’s average SR is comprised of people with SR above AND below the designated average (even if it’s a single point +/-).

You never so cease to amaze tbh.

By the numbers? Sure.

• See part of comment in reference to average.

Why? It’s pretty clear that APM plays a part in how someone performs.

• high actions, high value, better PBSR (so says experience)
  • high actions, low value, meh PBSR (so says experience)
  • low actions, low value, meh PBSR (so says experience)
  • low actions, high value, decent PBSR (so says experience).

Well, of the 6 people on one team, someone is likely the best player and someone is likely not the best player.

• So sure.

I’ve never seen anything that suggests the game opposes you a Diamond player when you’re trying to push into platinum (unless you’re grinding at 3 am and there’s NOBODY else) and I very much doubt it would need to rail you that hard to give you a game that 50% of low platinum players would lose.

Nah.

1 Like

You must be losing your touch.

But to agree…

1 Like

I’d say, try asking Blizzard about it, but they aren’t helping the people truly asking for answers. The COMP platform is truly broken and is NOT transparent as it should be for this type of competition. And, I absolutely love how much the term Elo is thrown around here, when chess isn’t even involved.

3 Likes

Because you’re literally taking it as black and white which is not a realistic model.

2 Likes

How isn’t it black and white? You either win or you lose… you either get a good team, or you have to try to carry… you gain rank or lose rank… sounds very black and white to me… and algorithms have almost nothing to do with IP. We aren’t asking for their IP, we are asking for info regarding how the algorithms end up making horrible matchmaking and killing potential SR gains.

3 Likes

Well to me the gray are “community issues”:

• smurfs
  • low population
  • stacks vs solo q
  • leavers
  • comms, no comms, toxic / distracting comms
  • throwers
  • boosters

None community things

• role avg vs team avg
  • sr range

But at its foundation is this system that tries to make things hard for you. Whose to say at these gateway battles your mmr is such a way that your teammates ping starts to wane… remember ping and region are part of the system.

2 Likes

Smurfs, throwers and leavers I can vouch for heavily in the low ranks.

Wasn’t expecting so many replies on this :rofl:

1 Like

Amazing what people will delude themselves into believing these days

3 Likes

I’d argue the bigger problem is how serious (both sides of this argument) take the game. Literally nobody on these forums has any reason to be this emotionally involved.

• We’re all just sheep
2 Likes

You realize an algorithm is IP, right?

IP = Intellectual Property.

12 players in a lobby. Usually all humans (though there are those occasional BOT deranker games), humans playing against other humans.

Some humans want to win, other humans want to have fun. Winning is fun for some people, other people find fun in making you tilt.

Mistakes made, lead to lost games. Lost games lead to lost SR.

They’re in every rank. I would agree that leavers and throwers are more prevalent in lower ranks because people tend not to care as much about the game when they don’t take it seriously (which is fine).

Those aren’t match making issues though. Those are community issues and you can’t classify them as such.

3 Likes

I still think blizzard needs to charge a $10 monthly subscription to OW.
That will rid so much of alternate accounts and so on . Sure few will want pay pay however it will take a big drop in that area therfore leaving OW too the serious players.

Blizzard please charge a monthly subscription :pray:

That’s the only way they will be able to fund anti-hacking and anti-cheat development and research. It would also allow for greater policing of the community which they have VERY MUCH failed at.

• So I approve this as well.

I mean… They could also just take some of the more aggressive approaches like hardware assignments.

• But they do like their alt account sales :sweat_smile:

It would be ideal if you were allowed to have 2 accounts under that subscription. That would allow you your main account and an account to practice on.

Because these accounts are linked, you’d be able to differentiate between smurfing or alt-ing. Or if you have a little brother who want’s to play (or whatever that dumb argument is).

2 Likes

Blah, blah, blah. There is evidence to support my claims. All your side has to say is “get good”. This is not games getting harder. I’ve played in ranks below where I am normally at. The same thing happens down there.

1 Like

Ok why don’t you provide your evidence instead of just talking about it? You make ridiculous claims, you provide the proof. Somebody literally disproves exactly what you say, as it is not possible, and your response is “Blah, blah, blah.”

I say this to everyone who talks like you: give a replay of a loss you are describing, preferably as long as possible. Most people don’t even bother to because they can’t even prove their claims in their own games. The rest have shown a million mistakes in the first five minutes. But I’d be happy to be proven wrong!

2 Likes