Stage 2 = Goats. When a balance team tries to nerf a meta

You don’t think Mei can be a suitable off-tank in certain situations?

She is incredible in stalling the pay-load. I may get a heck of a lot more out of her under unique circumstances than I otherwise would with any other tank.

That is because it is a limitation. My hero pool reduces to whichever role I am queued that time. I always flex in my games. Always. That’s just what I do. If I choose to flex in role queue, 9/10 times I will be placed as tank. However, there are mayn situations where switching off a tank for something else is beneficial. If I am only allowed to play tank that game, my hero roster is very limited. My pool of heroes reduced. I can’t choose any other hero category.

How is that not a limitation??

They could just nerf barriers across the board and problem solved.

TBH idk if hero bans would work (and ppl would likely ban shield tanks to get most use of snipers or ban top healers and run a full burst dps team

They should just limit the tank role to 1 if anything. possibly limit healers to 2 or 3. and leave dps free (as full dps teams are atleast interesting)

Lucio was a key component to goats, due to Reinhardt needing that speed to close the gap and engage targets but now that Winston’s damage has been buffed and is amazing, he will replace the slow and clunky Reinhardt, giving place to Doats(Dive Goats), so you will have the strength of both goats and dive all in one.

The only one that gets shafted after the lucio speed nerf and the knockbacks insane buff is Reinhardt.

But when you do a hero ban, you ban the hero for the entire match. Both teams.

If a team bans Rein, they’re removing shield tanks from BOTH teams.

That’s the beauty of it. It makes the game into a chess match. You want to press an advantage for your team while reducing the disadvantage for your team.

This will also create a META that will always shift, unless a hero is so hated that they will be banned literally every game-- Which again ,would probably solve the 3-3 thing.

I would just vault Brig until a rework. This hero is unacceptable

shield gen and brigs inspire/ult are not even in the same terms of utility in a owl setting lul

shield gen wasnt, and will never be as powerful as a generator that can move by their own and isnt limited to a static area

They need to hire some more balance nerds, and I mean nerds. Real nerds, not these weeabo wannabes.

Any person who keeps stating that these and these characters are reason goats is being played and that nerfs aimed at these already overnerfed characters would fix the issue, is not a person worth listening to.

There are some characters who still continue to carry goats that haven’t gotten nerfed and brig and dva are hardly those. But the reason goats works is still hero synenergy first and foremost, god knows brigitte is actually weak in 2-2-2 setup and dva is barely viable with the nerfs to dm, armor plus knockback resistance, she might as well be a flying roadhog with the way she sponges damage now.

Thanos meme would instead be going for the Zarya. It’s not like her graviton and insane damage enable killing enemy goats team in the first place. /s

1 Like

You misunderstand my point. Especially because I was not talking about pro-tier balance. I don’t believe the game should be balanced around pro tier.

IMO, Shield Generator was OP, and original Brigitte’s Rally was even stronger.

That’s why back in the day, when everyone was complaining about stuns and healing spikes from Repair Pack, I was trying to point to everyone that 150 Armor Rally was stupidly OP and probably the reason why Brigitte would become as broken as Tracer.

People underestimate how much overhealing break the balance math.

Yay, another dva nerf, whats that 5 in a row?

Ah sorry! I thought you were saying sg could have been used in pro play xD
yea. stack of those 2 was kinda eh… crazy

but at the end of the day brig was basically every thing symmetra 2.0 couldnt be.
mitigated dmg, could deal with flankers, could give hp support + healing, and could properly defend herself and assist for kills.

Sym2 could never work on OWL, and I was perfectly fine with that. Because her kit was kinda like a skill gate for teamwork. Her utility in the team was inversely proportional depending on how much teamwork was involved in the match. If the enemy team was coordinated, they could focus she and her toys without them doing much. If her team was coordinated, they had diminishing returns on Shield Gen and turret zoning.

But if both teams were chaotic? That was a huge Sym playground. People would die to that slow-molasses orb for underestimating it, people would try to 1v1 her and be lured easily into a turret nest, no one would agree on who should search and destroy the shield gen, and when they finally send someone there you could tell your team to push and fight 6v5 in exchange for losing a ult that you will probably get back at the end of the fight…

I miss my main.

Its not just barriers actually. Barriers stack, healing stack, even bunkers and snipers stack.
What Devs are struggling now is when they nerf tanks, what they get is 4 sniper meta.
6 heroes with added variations(new heroes and reworks) have too much synergy now.

Snipers lack consistency even at the highest levels of play and are vulnerable to heroes that can close the gap closely. If that were the case that could be tuned but they are already grossly inconsistent.

#DeleteBrig is looking less and less like a ridiculous idea each patch…

And if goats is only better with him nerfed, can i have my boy lucio back to how he was?

exactly how they kept on playing dive even when they had vanilla brig in stage 3.
Simply put they often prefer going with what’s comfortable than risking on a theoretically better comp that nobody has practiced much.

aaaaaaand its goats

yaay.