Sprays Not Appearing

During games, especially in Mystery Heroes, sprays for certain characters will not show up, even if you press T. The sound will be played, but nothing will be shown.

I don’t know if its character specific but I have encountered it while playing D.Va, Mei and Bastion. It doesn’t always happen and seems to be random.

Does it by any chance show the default Overwatch Logo spray, or does it not show anything. If nothing, you may have connection metering not working fast enough to load the sprays. Check the following settings in your Gameplay Options and switch them to OFF

• Limit Client Send Rate
  • Limit Server Send Rate

These settings when turned on help by only sending data to what is needed to play the game, however can sacrifice some elements such as non-critical sound effects or cosmetics to not appear when used.

This has been happening to my fiance and myself on two separate computers, have been noticing this since the Halloween update. It’s only on certain characters, and its only certain sprays, voicelines are effected as well.

I notice it a lot on Ana when I use the spray wheel, the left half of the spray wheel does not work but the right half does work consistently. The same thing happens for dva voice line wheel.

We’re running windows 10, both using Ethernet cables, and those gameplay options are already switched off.

Is it similar to this:

If so, it seems to be happening more-or-less consistently for everybody, and Bliz seems to be more-or-less consistently ignoring it.

The bit you mentioned about it only happening on one side of the spray wheel might be new data. I haven’t been keeping up but I’ve not heard that detail before.

It seems to only be Mystery Heroes. I play a LOT of that mode and it’s been horrible since the Halloween patch came out. Tonight been in a lot of QP and no problem at all. All sprays and voice lines work.