Sprays & voice lines not always working (Mystery Heroes)

Seems like it’s all heroes. Usually other players can see your sprays and hear your lines, but once in a while apparently other players can’t see or hear them, either.

I haven’t checked extensively but I’ve noticed that it starts happening on round 2 if it’s a Control map, and right away on some others. If you’re just starting round 1 on a Control map then they seem to work just fine.

[edit] I tracked down a bunch of other posts of this complaint, one of which specified Mystery Heroes, which is all I play, so could be limited to that. Another post includes a reply saying it’s a known problem.

[update 13 Nov] It’s still happening after the event ended.

13 Likes

Just replied to an another post. Confirming same problem, though I’ve not tried sprays.

Exact same issue for me. it’s been weeks now - really frustrating.

3 Likes

I too mainly play Mystery Heroes, forgot to mention that in my own bug report.

same issue here and its getting worse it seems as patches go by.

I’ve also had this for perhaps a month now (since around the time Halloween Terror went live). I play mostly mystery heroes, which is where I see it. Sometimes voice lines and sprays work, but they usually do not. And it’s inconsistent which ones are impacted. But the “built-in” voice lines (hello, goodbye, thank you, attack the objective) always work. It’s all the others that do not. I was really hoping they’d have fixed it by now.

Sometimes voice lines and sprays work, but they usually do not. And it’s inconsistent which ones are impacted. But the “built-in” voice lines (hello, goodbye, thank you, attack the objective) always work. It’s all the others that do not. I was really hoping they’d have fixed it by now.

Same - it’s been so long… All that info aligns with my issue too :frowning:

I stepped away from the game for a couple weeks but it looks like this still is going on? Voicelines and sprays just randomly not working, in particular in Mystery Heroes? It’s really frustrating when playing to not know if they’re going to work or not at any given time…

I want to bump this because I’ve been having the same issue and it’s really frustrating. If I can’t make Genji yell “Merry Christmas” what’s the point of it all, really?

1 Like

Been having this problem since the halloween event started

It’s still going on. Trying to get Hanzo on MH to say “Flow like Sake” is a crapshoot beyond the first round… or anybody to say anything, really.
Sprays on the door for good luck doesn’t work, either.

Same thing here, i play MH. Some times works, other times no spray visable or voice line auidable. Been over a month easy. Kinds sucks

Just wanted to note this stilllll has been happening in Mystery Heroes during the Winter Wonderland event. Seems less frequent, but definitely still there. Also does new stuff like sometimes one voiceline for a character will be working on a map but the others won’t be working. Am not finding any patterns with particular maps or heroes. Going on over a couple months now.

For what it’s worth, this seems to have improved significantly recently (with the Hanzo Kanezaka challenge update?).

However, it stillll is showing up here and there. Seem to be noticing it on the Busan Control Point map (with the big drum in the middle) in particular.