Split the queues - Everyone gets what they want

Okay well to your points - There are support mains in this thread and others in the community who would indeed prefer the choice queue.

And until the Classic QP is implemented we can;t be sure and even at that that depends on if it is a permanent mode.

I maintain that a better game experience for all three roles is worth it based on all the comments within the community telling DPS mains that it is okay they have to wait ten minuets.

People seem to enjoy 2-2-2 because of the quality increase for people who prefer the old system they will also see their game quality increase becasue they are not in a game more or role they hate.

the common sentiment is people care more about game quality than timers.

if we wish to play comp, those of us who prefer Freedom Queue have no other choice but to be Forced

that doesnt mean we will like being Forced, or that we will stop asking to be Free once again

in the same sense that the game has always had Freedom queue but now doesn’t, the game currently has only one Competitive queue but it doesnt always have to be that way

There could absolutely be a Forced Queue Competitive and a Freedom Queue Competitive

and the code for each already exists, and as such the cost to implement would be rather low

I’m a support main. I will queue for flex/unrestricted comp every time if they let us choose.

About separated player base, I don’t see how that’s an issue if people who dislike role-queue already got separated by …. not playing! (I can only use myself as example, I used to play this game many, many hours daily. I play hundreds of comp game each season. Now I find myself go into 1 comp game and feel like “eh…” and feel like I’m done. I’m playing A LOT less now. Like 4-5 games a day for the past week and in QP. Role queue made me lost interest in this game, for now.)
What I’m trying to say is, your “role-queue player base” will be roughly the same.

About queue time, I doubt flex queue will have longer queue time than role queue. For players who demands GUARANTEED team structure and demands guaranteed spot in the role they wish to play they will have to wait a little longer while players who are willing to flex around the team won’t.
I think it’s fair.

About flex queue being 5-6 dps clown fiesta, NOT IN MY EXPERIENCE. (Again I play hundreds of comp game each season. Plus I main support so I already know I’ll never be in a 6 dps game, at most 5, lol. Still only a very very small percentage of games end up being that way - less than a handful out of hundreds of games.)

1 Like

where is your source for that

I believe the source is other voices on the forum. They do exist and they do share their opinions.

statements made the forums

so no source okay…

Splitting the queue would leave Role Queue more or less unchanged but the “Classic” queue would be a total nightmare.

5 DPS maybe happened once a week before role queue. In a split queue it would be rampant, like 2 out of 3 games in Classic rampant. No one would want to play it.

Not that I’m necessarily against the idea, mind, I just don’t think there’s much of a draw for Blizzard to do it.

clarification: I stated what the source is

Too bad that in both of your replies you have missed what I really said in my original post.

What I’ve been saying isn’t that an additional Unlimited Competitive queue wouldn’t be possible or would require a lot of work, all I said was that it would actually no doubt split the player base even more and even introduce very long queues for all tree roles, compared to just a percentage of DPS currently.

I would want to play it

Many others have stated the same

Please use punctuation. I can’t even understand your run-on sentence.

no you did not, you made assumptions.

clarification: I made no assumptions, nor did my answer speak of assumptions

clarification: you don’t actually know what a legit source is and just spin things to your favor.

not the first time.

clarifications:

1. there has been no spin in any of the statements I have made inthis thread

2. based on the statement I made, the forums is a legit source

I suppose the sources could be the number of DPS/Support/Tank mains who threads who all are posting about wishing for an option that is not role queue.

If you’d like I could spend some time compiling them here?

is still not legit since people can post on multiple accounts and i have not seen any topic that actually provided any evidence.

I then ask what would you consider valid evidence? As to my knowledge there has yet to be a comprehensive poll or community forum where enough data points have been provided to provide substantial information to prove the intent of this thread either true or false.

I believe the burden of proof is on me for the initial assertion. But if you have or know of any information I could look to for clarification I’d appreciate it I’ll be looking myself but for now all I have is my view and what I have seen on the forums here.

1 Like