Split the queues - Everyone gets what they want

the statement I originally replied to is still not one that is known to be correct at this time

That has nothing thing to do with what I wrote. The point is the game was launched with that intention. How do you purpose Blizzard solve their recruiting problem for OWL over the long term without implementing role queue for qp and rank?

Blizzard is using the oldest trick in business. Instead of making quick and dramatic changes, Blizzard will slowly implement the changes. That way it lessens the backlash and negative rp.

clarification: it had everything to do with what I responded to

clarification: pro play cannot be planned with which a game until is it known to be popular. If OW hadnt become popular, there would be no OWL

No it doesn’t. Upper management at Blizzard has decided that OW will focus on OWL regardless of what it was originally designed for. There is no point discussing what OW was originally designed, because the chiefs at Blizzard have made the decision that OWL takes precedence. Their authority is final. Only the shareholders hold collectively more power than those chiefs at Blizzard. As for the developers, they will do what they are told or they can find another job.

The creation of OWL does not follow any traditional esports birth and growth. That was given during many of the financial analyst reports. OW got popular enough that Blizzard proceed with OWL. They don’t need you people anymore. It was a nice ride while it lasted, but it’s coming to end and there is nothing you or people like you can do to stop it.

Save your time mate, you’re getting trolled.

2 Likes

clarification: without the popularity of OW, even now, OWL does not exist; or more applicable to now, continue to exist

clarification: I am not a troll, nor have I acted the part of one in any statements in this thread

Who said anything about you?

Ok, then go tell that to the CEO of Blizzard and those that hold the power at Blizzard. I’m sure they will listen to you.

I stand by what I stated, and have nothing further to add at this time

clarification: I have no access to the CEO of Blizzard, nor any desire to talk to him

that said, I have no idea how the statement quoted above has anything to do with what was being discussed prior to said statement

Doesn’t really matter. Their time will be up once role queue gets fully implemented. They lost and we won. It’s that simple.

If your ideas were that great, then the CEO would actually listen to you. Innovative companies like Intel, AMD, and other high tech companies generally have management that listen if their arguments are good and the data support their arguments.

There are people who have great ideas that are never listened to.

There are people who have terrible ideas that the masses listen to

there is no correlation between the better the idea, the more one is listened to

that said, still no idea why this is part of this discussion

1 Like

Won?

If the game loses a large number of dps players (said another way: the majority of the customer base) and they take their gaming dollars with them, we will all lose as Blizzard starts to reduce costs in the wake of substantially reduced revenues

1 Like

That awfully declarative I don’t think our “time is going to be up.” What ever that might mean as we can still effect change through feedback.

1 Like

The queues would actually become even bigger lmao…

This is a terrible idea and especially for comp and would split the player base even more.

Just. Adapt.

flex support and tank players would pick choice q, it’ll give them the flexibility to switch around outside of their roles.

The only one who won’t pick choice q are one trick supports and tanks.

But the player baser is already split and this way everyone one gets the exact game they want and they don;t have to work against people in a game mode they hate.

I think some people can find fun in 2-2-2 some people can’t

1 Like

They might be split mindset - wise but in - game everyone plays in one sole Competitive queue.

And since I’m pretty sure that the grand majority of Tank/Healer mains really enjoy 2/2/2 role - queue and would never want to play in the mess that was the unrestricted queue again, then all matches played in a new unrestricted queue would be full of 5/6 DPS each round.

What that means is that most DPS will start queuing for that queue in order to take advantage of the much lower queue times, therefore increasing queue times for Tanks and Healers in 2/2/2 role - queue, etc.

It’s a chain reaction which would pretty much result in much higher queue times universally, for all three roles.