Spin to Win is Gone Forever

How do you guys feel about the new Wrecking Ball changes? Is it good for the game? How will this change affect ball players?

3 Likes

i guess they want double shield back

6 Likes

Ding dong the wicked rat is dead :notes:

13 Likes

I don’t imagine it’ll change much for the higher tiers of Wrecking Ball players. Six seconds is a really long time to be mindlessly spinning on the point as is. It should help ease the frustrations of most players though.

16 Likes

This maximum Grappling Claw duration of 6 seconds desecrates my playstyle as Wrecking Ball. This nerf is worse than previous nerfs to Wrecking Ball.

11 Likes

Absolutely unnecessary. Only people who cried about him having infinite tether are people who couldn’t stun him somehow, but I guess they’re getting their way and yet another tank sees an unnecessary nerf.

GG blizzard, I ain’t queueing tank anymore.

33 Likes

I feel like 6 seconds is at least a decently long time, so it’s not a horrible change. Horrible patch, but not horrible change.

3 Likes

This character needs some love, not hate. This nerf combined with the last nerf completely ruin this hero for me now. All the extra value you get from a well landed grapple to maximize mobility is ruined if its an anchor point. Completely ruining the point of even having a wrecking ball. May as well just delete him at this point.

10 Likes

The only good change in the whole thing.

8 Likes

What scenarios are you grappling for more than 6 seconds anyways?

You typically hook for like half a second and roll

5 Likes

People thinking this is a good change never played Hammond, and spin to win ain’t the reason why.

You think six seconds is a long time, but it’s really not, if you’re doing something like trying to scatter people off the platform on first point Anubis, especially since they nerfed his boop distance. It gives him less ability to displace people when displacement is the main ability he uses to tank.

11 Likes

This is something sadly people dont get that this patch hardcore forces.

they reverted it wtf

they reverted it lol thank god

Hey, your friendly 4.1k ball player here the chainge on ball does literally nothing to highranks but it bothers low ranks where ball allready was really weak.

10 Likes

Even blizzard can’t deal with a ball spinning in a predictable circle LOL

This confirms devs play in silver/gold SR.

Which is also why they buffed Mccree as if he doesn’t already hard counter ball and doom enough.

6 Likes

Honestly this is the only change I don’t care about….the only people that do are Hammonds that spin on objectives….cause it’s the only time you would even have your harpoon out for 6 seconds anyway

1 Like

they reverted the changes lmao

OMG you are right. The patch notes don’t even show up on thier website anymore. Man Blizzard really has things together these days. lol

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

honestly, with this change ball might be balanced. i’m lovin the idea of it, although 6 seconds seem like still plenty of time for doing spin 2 win it’s way more resonable than infinite spin - any shorter than that and it’s hard to plan on rollouts

2 Likes