[SOUND] Ana Primary Weapon Sounds WAY too loud

Since the patch today (11/14), the levels on Ana’s biotic rifle is really off. When I play as Ana, the sound is piercing my ears. It’s extremely loud despite the Master Volume being at 20 or lower. The only reprieve is when I turn down sound effects to 5 or by not playing her.

Is there a solution I can try on my end for this?

47 Likes

Exact same for me, Ana is literally unplayable. I have to turn it down so low I can’t tell there’s a Moira killing me because there’s no sound. Any fixes would be great.

5 Likes

Same thing with Roadhog’s alternate fire. Even with all the volumes turned down it’s stupidly loud.

4 Likes

Same here. Unplayable right now.

2 Likes

Same… headache :smiley: So I switched to Brig…

2 Likes

Same here it started about 45 min ago for me. Ana scope or unscoped, roadhog primary and secondary, lucio boops

5 Likes

Yep. Soldier primary fire is a bit louder than normal as well. I noticed the sound for incoming bullet damage as Soldier seemed louder than usual too. Lucio boop is ear-splitting loud.

2 Likes

Are you guys all using 7.1 Headsets?

1 Like

I use the Sennheiser Game One, which I believe is just stereo.

Everything was fine yesterday after the Ashe patch. The patch today must have buggered something up.

1 Like

Lucio’s right click is super loud also, but Anna’s is by far the worst and its even louder when your scoped in.

2 Likes

I am getting this as well, the only things I have noticed it being very bad for is Ana in general, and Roadhogs alternative fire.

1 Like

I also have to completely refrain from playing moira and hog. It seems to only be apparent to people play with a low master volume, like the audio for the shots is playing at the default level, so people with the default level don’t notice

1 Like

Upon some testing this seems to be the case, for all those experiencing thing, just turn in the volume mixer your overwatch vloume right down, and then in game have it on 100 and everything should be all good, mess about with the volume mixer until it sounds like how it normally would.

3 Likes

As a hog main this is annoying haha
Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

1 Like

It’s probably just an intentional micro nerf. They did the same thing with Sombra not too long ago. Her gun is really loud and can be heard from across the map lol

1 Like

I’ve been having the same. Roadhogs alt fire has it for me too. I tried lowering the volume, but then I can’t hear the enemy. Sounds like a canon fire going off now.

1 Like

I do, but they have a switch and its the same in stereo.

1 Like

Yeah same for me too now. Happened after last patch 1.30.0.1.52926.

for workaround, put your ingame master volume to max (100) and adjust your volume accordingly via Windows

2 Likes

Whoops made a whole new forum post without seeing this one, but same exact thing, Ana’s gun sounds fine if master volume is at 100 but if you have it low (like I normally do at 15 so that discord and other apps sound correct) it’s painfully loud.

2 Likes

Can also confirm both the bug and that the workaround with 100% sound and regulating it in the Windows mixer works.

I’m running it on the same Version that @shaNk posted above. Additionally, I’m running it on an nVidia GeForce 1070 with Driver 416.16

2 Likes