[SOUND] Ana Primary Weapon Sounds WAY too loud

I’m experiencing the same issue with my master volume set to 29. I first noticed it yesterday after the patch.
I tested all heroes’ main abilities (no ults) in the practice range today and the abilities I noticed having abnormally loud sound effects were:
-Roadhog’s secondary fire
-Ana’s primary fire and sleep dart
-Lucio’s boop

When I set my master volume to 100 and lowered the game volume using the Windows sound mixer, everything sounds fine.

5 Likes

Weirdly enough, this fixed it for me too. I wonder what’s up with that, clearly not many others are experiencing this issue so it’s curious about what could be the cause.

1 Like

Same problem here. I’m main Roadhog, and almost deaf with this sound glitch.

Same for Roadhog’s secondry fire and Lucio’s boop.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Mainly with Ana’s scope

1 Like

Yah noticed it too, I thought my computer was buggy but no this is the game and it needs to get fixed quick!!!

1 Like

Same thing here. Audio is now randomly super loud on some abilities like ana’s gun (scoped). This is completely unplayable.

1 Like

The same stuff, using nvidia high definition audio.
My ears bleeding, please!

1 Like

same issue here, ana’s primary fire, roadhog’s right click and lucio’s boop are too loud

This bug is still not fixed…

Are they even acknowledging this?

Same problem with Ana primary fire with scope and without scope. It really scratching hears…

Hello!
Same problem here.
Everyone actually has this issue, it’s an ingame bug.
Basically ana’s primary and secondary fire sound cues, as well as roadhog’s secondary fire and lucio’s boop sound cues are not affected by the master volume option (they consider it’s always at 100%, that’s why if you have it below 100%, it gets louder than everything else).
So the work around is fairly simple: everyone should have their master volume at 100% in the sound options, and lower the sound from window’s sound mixer.
And the bug fix is pretty straight forward for blizzard: just make sure these sound cues are correctly being affected by the master volume variable.
Thank you!

Exactly the same you just said happens to me. I love playing Ana in Deathmatch etc, but this is unplayable.

Same problem here… iv’e even tried to uninstall the game and RE-install it but the same thing happens SO loud i cant even play her, and iv’e stopped main-ing her just because of this reason…

1 Like