Sorry, didn't know I couldn't post this

Hey, my name is ice and i play in tournaments like open division and GGNA. I’ve played this game for around 13 seasons (the last 3 only playing tank while i’m a DPS main and just playing dps on alts 2 learn) scrimmed 4k-4.2k constantly as of the past couple months and improved over the seasons. I’ve never had a problem with bans in the past but two days ago my main got falsely banned for “hacking” I’ve been asking around in the tourney scene and this has also been happening to others. If i were to get this “relevant evidence” i could re create it with a hand cam but other than that idk what else I can do…

Proceeded to get this email from blizzard and i’m not quite sure what to do especially after they stated they may not respond.

Recent activity on this account shows the use of an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a “hack”, which harms the intended player experience.

We don’t take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals.

3 Likes

Try contact support, thats all you can really do…

I hate that part

“Oh we falsely banned you for hacking…too bad”

inb4 jeff say you were hacking

4 Likes

I can’t do much, but i’ll comment here hoping you get some more traction.

A lot of false bans now a days

Okay, here’s what you need to do.

Become a streamer, amass tons of loyal fans and then have those fans complain all across twitter.

If you need help becoming a streamer, I have some tips. First, dye your hair a silly colour. Then learn to scream and jump up and down like an enraged Winston whenever Mercy denies you a kill.

You’re welcome.

11 Likes

Just keep appealing if you’re truly innocent. There was a wave of false bans that got overturned not too long ago.

Need help”? My dude, you got your answer:

1 Like

Yes, they say that to everyone.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the email everyone else in the tourney scene i asked got. Being falsely banned sucks especially when i’m this invested in the game. Just trying this because idk what else to do. Also thanks to everyone trying to help this be seen.

hmmmm, that doesnt look like help

Wasn’t supposed to be

1 Like

There has been a lot of false banning over the past few months, and some of them have been overturned.

But the forums sees a lot of “falsely” banned hackers come and complain here. Jeff has even outed someone as lying to the forums by mentioning some of the things in their chat logs.

3 Likes

All i know is that a lot of people have been falsely banned recently and i just happened to be one of them. Also most of those hackers would just get a new account and hack on alts while this account was 1 star silver border and i don’t simply have an option like that since i play in tournaments and this is the account connected to those as well as the account with all of my scrim connections. Like i said just trying to do what i can since there isn’t much else left i can do.

If worst comes to worse, you can get in touch with the organisers and play on a new account.

Keep submitting tickets to support though.

Look, Jeff had his moment but keep your expectations to 0 and you’ll never be disappointed, because he ain’t coming back any time soon.

4 Likes

You should try this on Reddit. Nobody cares about this place.

Yeah i’m currently trying to change my account for open division as its today and my team doesn’t have another DPS sub due to some complications.

1 Like

Were all of your alts banned, or just your main? I’m assuming all of them as that’s a pretty hefty accusation. If not, then I suppose it isn’t a total loss (Still, my primary concern would be to correct it).

I can only take your side because I have no evidence to cast stones, and I truly hope you get that ban corrected. Everybody is report happy… It could certainly be a wrong place / wrong time event.

I know if I ever suspect it, I go back and watch the entire replay before I try and make a report against the individual… I wish more people did this, but sadly that isn’t always the case. You really hate to see it.

1 Like

I hate how they will just ban you, and then deliberately avoid telling you why they did it. If it’s the case of a false ban, that’s an incredible way to lose a loyal customer.

Shouldn’t be too surprised, this is Blizzard. Just keep submitting tickets, us common forum goers unfortunately can’t do much for you.

3 Likes

it was just my main. I have around 6 alts (for learning different things as im a flex DPS and to specify these are alts not smurfs so in the same elo as my main) and none of them have ever been banned and none of my accounts have even been banned or muted for toxicity let alone hacking…its a pretty sad sight to see. I’m happy that it was only my main but that’s where everything i do happens.

1 Like

Well they have said why they did it, but they have not shared specific evidence, doing so would let cheat developers leverage that info so it makes sense.

Sorry OP if it is a false ban you will just have to keep opening tickets and trying or wait for them to hopefully realise the mistake.