Sooooo... OW2 no longer will have PvE?

I’m sure it will have some kind of PvE. Only to be set aside after 6 months in favour of PvP because that is what brings them money.

One of Andy B’s latest posts debunks someone else who accused them of scrapping it.

1 Like

my dude please don’t take my words out of context, I clearly said:

I’m clearly speculating based on the idea of the surprise being something substantial

This community is the first to cry about things that have quite literally ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED/TALKED ABOUT BY THE DEVS.

They said earlier this year they were decoupling the PvP/PvE releases to bring us PvP sooner.

PvE is still happening.

Jesus, this community needs to actually pay attention to confirmed details and information.

2 Likes

F2P monetization models in PvE games have been nothing but cancer. I know that word sets some people off, but in this case it really is true.

I’d much rather have a deal where a big story campaign such as OW2 PvE just has a one-and-done price tag and I get to play everything in peace. They can throw some cosmetics in there if they really want revenue or whatever.

1:12. There’s an image of Tracer, Rein, Bap, Mercy, and Soujourn on a snowy mountain peak in matching outfits like in the archives missions.

https://imgur.com/a/ucLUj9n

1 Like

Yes, they’ve lied to us. OW2 will release without PvE

Which they explicitly told us months ago :+1:

1 Like

Umm… what? Who told you that? Back when they announced the first beta, they said PvE was split just so they can release the thing sooner. That’s why it says “early access” for OW2 now, cause it’s just the PvP part. The PvE is gonna be added some time later, possibly next year.

are you for real? you paid for a game months or years ago and expect them to give you so much content for free?
that’s just entitlement at this point.

1 Like

They already said they are separating PVE from PVP. PVP is coming first and is free. PVE later and you will have to pay for it.

I don’t care what they told, I was promised a PvE title and I was lied to

1 Like

Sorry, have I missed something? When did the devs announce no PVE for OW2? Isn’t that the primary selling point???

1. I don’t care about what you care about.
  2. You will get a PVE title.
  3. You were not lied to.

You haven’t missed anything. They never announced it, it’s just people being mindless as usual.

3 Likes

When they confirmed that there will be no PvE content on October 4th

Nope. I see no hero missions and no story missions, which means that whatever they are releasing on October 4th is not OW2

2 Likes

Which does not contradict the most recent information that they have given us :slight_smile:

In fact it perfectly aligns with it.

What information? The “oopsie, we’ve decided to break our promise and hold PvE hostage to dump the pvp garbage faster”?

Haha silly. You must’ve missed the developer update where they explicitly stated PVP would be releasing before PVE. Here, I’ll go through the effort of linking it just for you:

Yes, that’s why I call them out as liars. It’s been two years of OW2 being marketed as the PvE title and more bs from blizzard can’t change that

You unjustly label them as liars, yes.