So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

I was mostly talking about the older skins rather than the new ones. I just want to buy the Baptiste snowboard and D.va Sleighing skins but thanx for your answer !

1 Like

I think the only lower the bar can go is to basically have nothing. I’m sure they might have considered it at one point. Not really an issue since most people were going to be fine with anything after the beta announcement.

What’s the hype with that Mercy recolour? I don’t see it, with any of them, to be completely honest, besides maybe Rein’s. What, just white out the skin and add different coloured accents?

With Mercy’s in particular, if they when a more final fantasy inspired white mage, then maybe I could get behind it, but it’s just… No. They look awful, I’m sorry; I don’t like being this negative about this kinda thing, but it’s just lazy. I thought they’d at least keep the skin department up to snuff…

4 Likes

Any non-weekly event/challenge/OWL skin is available during archives, 3k currency for any skins that less than a year old and 1k for any over a year old

No new sigma skin until ow2 I guess. Unlucky!

Expletives like this is why i went from playing every day since release to quitting last October.

2 Likes

Now you will have even less reasons to stay.

Seems like I will be done with this event pretty quick if I don’t have to stick around for the weekly challenges.

1 Like

And to think we all thought the Lunar New Year event was as bad as it would get…
You did it again Blizzard, the bar has been lowered once more.

11 Likes

I bet if this ends up being very popular they’ll keep doing this type of thing in OW2

New skins that aren’t recolors are also not content in my opinion. Cosmetics are not content. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

just saw playoverwatch last tweet and… :rofl:

everything makes sense now, more skin than ever, recolored skin = new skin

redefining ̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶q̶u̶e̶l̶ new skins, blizzard™, a nice move indeed

2 Likes

Didn’t Aaron just go and explain his deep regret for breaking Blizzard core values by not updating their game and letting it fall into complete ruin over the last three years?

Is recoloring 15 old skins in exchange for 15 brand new skins the solution to this or more of the problem? To me its more of the problem. 3 events (4 if you count LNY) have been scrapped for ow2. This is the definition of neglecting their game for the purpose of creating ow2? So what was Aaron even talking about. There’s no core values. Just recolored years old skins instead of the new ones we normally get and 4 events gone. What do we get in exchange for 3 years of neglect and 4 botched events? 1 new hero and 4 maps??? Impressive!!!

9 Likes

Please reassure that lore related skins such as Moira’s Scientist/Blackwatch/Classic and things like Genji Blackwatch/McCree Blackwatch/Reaper Blackwatch won’t be included in this recolour stuff.

1 Like

So no wonder they went on about how “more Legendary skins this year than any other” if they count these re-colors in. Which they quite apparently do.

Pffft, exactly :joy:

2 Likes

i only have one regrets with all of this, that it wasn’t revealed tomorrow :circus_tent: :rofl:

5 Likes

Instead of giving us these basic recolors they should implement a system that gives us hue sliders for primary, secondary and tertiary colors on any skin. That let’s everyone create their own color variant for any skin which would drastically increase the value of all skins in the whole game.

6 Likes

PHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

just what everyone wanted for the anniversary, now instead of recicled events we are getting also recicled SKINS with new color

Nice way to kill the game before the PAID DLC comes out.

8 Likes

Why would they do somethinglike that when they can just keep launching recolors?

It would be cool if they let you choose parts of previously owned skins in the hero gallery hub to create your own set, even choose the color pallete. Thats a Remix not just going white.

I think it would actually earn them the most money. People would desire almost every skin in the game for heroes they enjoy instead of just a few that are there favorites. If you can recolor any skin to colors you like that you would probably spend more on lootboxes or play for credits to get them. Thus more money.

Right now they waste all this time coloring a skin to white and 90% of the playerbase doesn’t care because they don’t want a white skin.

People would recolor Atlantic Mercy to Pink to create their own Pinck Mercy version

3 Likes