So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

Technically, it is. It wasn’t there before, so it is new content. Yes, this is something you could in a “color edit” mode, but it still counts (doesn’t mean it’s much).

The PvP part would contain the skins because that is the part of the game where collecting skins is a core experience. As for how it is obvious, it was the only way for them to hit that metric before they cut Lunar New Year short on skins considering we have had a year where they added a sizable amount to base Overwatch plus the standard event amounts which they were clearly not going to do again before OW2. With LNY cut short as well it basically highlighted how there is no other way to reach that milestone without having OW2 launch and add new legendaries to every hero.

And with this we are left without the Mercy LifeGuard, the new Halloween skin (her skin will be 6 years old now) and without the 2021 Christmas art… Also applicable to heroes who lack skins in events, until OW2 we forgot about new skins.

“There will be more skins this year than ever before… (but mostly because of re-colored skins)”

See Blizzard, this is why it’s so hard to trust you. Don’t hype up something to then pull the rug with what you know is an incredibly sub-par announcement.

13 Likes

I mean… it could be that Halloween Terror 2022 is on OW2… maybe we will see some new community requested skins in OW2 Events.

They are saving Baewatch Mercy for when we do not get cosmetics for free. They want us to prove our devotion, and I will certainly do just that. :smirk:

2 Likes

Can you please link it? i haven’t seen the new ones

I like how we got promised more skins than ever before, but so far, lunar was missing 2/3rd of legendary skins, archives, anniversary and summer legendary skins no longer exist so we’re already down like 22 unique legendary skins. Didn’t they publicly apologize for dropping the ball on lunar? Guess it meant nothing after all, what a classic.

How is blizzard going to keep their playerbase to even betatest OW2 at this rate?

Saving all those skins for OW2 isn’t going to cut it.

9 Likes

I think its topic about those

key word: just

So if 18 total recolors of existing legendary skins count towards the ‘more this year than any other year,’ how many ACTUAL new skins do they need to release for this statement to be true?

13 Likes

Didn’t think i could be disappointed even more considering how low i set the bar.

7 Likes

You set up your bar to high then, expecting anything here is just going to make you tired.

1 Like

I set the bar so low that I am genuinely excited for this event. Perhaps I went too far…

I was proven wrong so fast, i guess there are people who expect something here, and still get good feeling from what is delivered at the end.

2 Likes

I have a small question, will we have the usual anniversary event or not because I really want to get some skins during the event and if it’s not happening then ill be even more disappointed

1 Like

This replaces archives, anniversary and summer.

My bar was at “Zenyatta gets one archive events lore related skin and I am happy”.

It wasn’t low enough apparently.

8 Likes

Why are the returning skins not recolored, such as “nano d.va”, “bastet ana” among others? At least you can pretend it’s worth coming back to Overwatch once a week…

1 Like

So can we at least have the skins available to be unlocked with coins during the event or will they remain locked forever now?

I have no idea about those particulars. Someone else said the limited skins would be locked behind the weekly challenges again, which is logical, I suppose. The event skins will be for purchase, however, I am not sure if the recolors will use the 1k or 3k coin price.

As to if they will ever return afterwards? I do not believe they said. I guess they still want that fear of missing out in tact, but I imagine for all the new and returning players to Overwatch 2 that they would eventually come back.

1 Like