Sometimes when entering a game, a static pop sound plays and when entering the game, some sound effects go missing (such as point capture sound, footsteps sound, other sfx along those lines). I have checked my volume to make sure they are all at 100, and they are.
Sounds that I know go missing:
- Footstep sounds
- Point capture sound/objective won/lost sound
- Torbjorn turret upgrade sound/molten core sound
- Sfx for hero abilities (e.g. Pharah jump jet, Tracer blink)
- Ambient music
- Loot box “thump” and other loot-box related sfx
- Weapon fire sounds
- Spray sounds
- Other minor sound effects
Sounds that persist:
- Heroes saying voice lines (Hello, Thanks, voice line)
- Athena voice
Note that this happens everywhere in the game, but at unexpected moments.
This may be just me or others have experienced it as well. It started occuring after the LFG patch.
It does become annoying, because at 192000hz, I can hear static noise while I’m playing in place of the missing sound effects.
Sound is crucial to playing the game and listening to the environment, and with 75% of sounds missing it’s cost me a few games.
This does not occur on the PTR.