Sombra- translocator distance limit

I almost feel like they saw one of the sombras do it in OWL but completely misunderstood why.

1 Like

Like, "oh that was cool. I’ll do it, always ʘ‿ʘ "

1 Like

I don’t see the point, what are you even trying to do here? Do you really think this is gonna magically make people good at Sombra?

I get Zen kills at over 45 lmao.

Monkey see, monkey do.

You’re asking for a change that would break the character and make her even worse than she currently is, it’s like reducing sym’s sentry turret damage just because one noob couldn’t escape its low DPS, it sucks that you find trouble killling sombra but it’s not the trans locator distance that’s the problem it’s whatever strategy you’re using to kill sombra cause I find it incredibly easy to kill her even if her trans locator is across the map

That doesn’t mean it’s not a huge nerf?

1 Like

Then make other changes? I don’t care for this post. This isnt a

“My reworked sombra” post.

It’s a “I want this mechanic and behavior gone” post.

Above.

Make a rework thread. Or join my “sombra should be buffed here” posts.

This is a mechanic post.

You keep saying you don’t care for this post, so prove it. Delete it cause if you really didn’t care you wouldn’t mind when a plethora of people point out how this idea is illogical and extremely extremely unlikely

What? I don’t care about buffs or nerfs. I’m looking at mechanics.

And a lot of people can’t seem to grasp that including you.

Make a buff sombra thread. This one stands alone.

Mechanic.
Thread.

MINE. (Insert Elmo picture)

“Mechanic” threads and nerf/buff threads aren’t mutually exclusive.

You can quite literally advocate for mechanic changes whilst simultaneously suggesting a change that will nerf the hero in question.

1 Like

They aren’t. I’m aware.

They aren’t inherently connected either.

I can. And I can be looking at one thing in particular.

Which I am. Here. Right now.

That depends on what kind of change you’re advocating. A mechanical change that proposes to add a limit to translocator’s distance away from player is a nerf no matter how you look at it.

Saying that it’s a mechanical change doesn’t change the fact that it’s a nerf.

You need to get that through your head.

1 Like

Amen, this guy can’t seem to grasp simple concepts

1 Like

It can be. And not be the focus of the thread. You want a buff sombra thread, make one.

If I make a post saying I like peanut butter…it doesn’t mean I hate jelly.

If I say I want to change the peanut butter in a sandwich…it doesn’t mean I hate the sandwich or think anything about its idea or concept.

I have a preference and I’m focusing on that one. Single. Thing.

Go to a buff sombra thread. Go to my buff sombra threads

This is a mechanic thread.

And I’m done explaining that.

It doesn’t need to be the focus of the thread. Who told you that the nerf aspect of a proposed change needs to be the main thing that’s being advertised for that change to be considered a nerf?

That’s not how it works mate.

You suggested to limit translocator’s distance away from the player which would subsequently weaken that ability’s power. In other words, a nerf. Stop playing mental gymnastics and acknowledge that.

I’m replying to your thread? Is that a problem. I definitely want a Sombra buff but how does that affect my ability to reply to your thread? Sounds like you just don’t like disagreement.

Lmfao. If you genuinely think this analogy is valid for your line of reasoning, you’re sorely mistaken. The black and white fallacy is not what anyone here is doing.

And I’ve suggested other ideas for buffs.

This is a separate topic.

You aren’t talking about the mechanic are you? You’re talking about balance.

And that’s not my focus here .

Mechanics is my focus.

You can reply… doesn’t make it relevant to what feedback I’m looking at.

When I eat a cake, and mention how I prefer raspberry in lieu of blueberry, and your reply is, “why do you hate cake?”

We aren’t talking about the same thing.

I’m honestly doing my best here. You’re intentionally not coming to this with good faith criticism even though I’ve clearly detailed my intent.

Mechanic of translocation is my focus.

You want buffs? Fine. I really don’t care for the purpose of this post.

You could looooove the idea of nerfing sombra. You wouldn’t be the first.

I wouldn’t care for the purpose of this post

Things I would care about:

• You feeling like player agency was increased with her perma locator

• you feeling like agency is more relevant in current balance than direct mid fight buffs

• you feeling like it is a specific play nerf unfair to players who don’t translocate back to spawn

^^^ all of those? Posted before you. And I think they are fair points

Maybe you dont like symms auto destruct mechanic… I would inquire why?

Maybe you feel tp to spawn is vitally important …I would inquire why?

But Accusing me of hating sombra? Or making a specific “nerf sombra” post? As if I haven’t been abundantly clear on what I’m looking at?

I ’ m done defending the basic intent of my thread. I’m looking at a mechanic change.

It’s not that deep. I can MAKE a thread that’s deep. Very, very, very deep.

But that wasn’t this post.

I noticed it made my play much slower and more passive and I hardly see any situation where I really would need it … infinite translocator is a little more usefull than stealth tho.

1 Like

The stealth slowdown is particularly annoying. I still don’t know why the stealth assassin doesn’t have flanker speed :unamused::unamused:

Infinite translocation distance and time … Slow as turtle :kissing: nice

I can’t help it. I have to meme a movie quote.

“Sombra’s are like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.”

Some play her right, some player good and some are just goofy or awful.

Oh, translocator is just fine btw. That is what makes her fun and viable in games.

Personally, it allowed my plays to be more interactive -

You can easily play Sombra very offensively or defensively - but it entirely depends on the set up you do in the match. (Also on how the enemy responds to a Sombra). But yeah, I’ve enjoyed the versatility brought by those changes