Sombra- translocator distance limit

Like with symm- If tp goes too far it destroys itself.

I suggest lowering back sombras translocator cooldown but also capping its distance.

I’m gettin real tired of seeing sombra leave translocator by the first health pack or

In spawn

Since apparently you want “infinite translocation” which … questionable choice imo… But still find “she’s not in the fight” enough… Put a distance cap.

35 meters or bust. At no point should she therefore be kilometers away from point and a shorter cool down helps amend any accidental distance mistakes.

Edit: meters suggestion per first suggestion

I agree in essence, but 25m is actually quite short. Symmetra’s tp max deploy range is 30m for comparison.

I think 35m with a 5 second cooldown or 30m with a 4 second cooldown would be more applicable.

2 Likes

Sure but please give us back old invis or hack without LoS checks

1 Like

You despise sombra, we get the message.

12 Likes

…wut.

I like old invis but I don’t think it’s tied to her translocation

I don’t like this idea simply because sometimes I’ll purposely over-extend to say, hit a healer/find out what comp a team is running or hack a health pack in an approach to deny a team it.

Heck, you would break translocate spots like the top echenwald’s wall by putting a leash on distance. It’s overall a nerf just to rein in bad Sombra’s

7 Likes

And it was an overall buff that didn’t really help sombra overall :woman_shrugging:t5:

She had a cool down. They removed it.

She’s doing worse than ever.

I too sometimes utilize the infinite spawn as a trick…

Hack the shield tank, dip at first pick and switch.

But I don’t think it’s a play consistent enough to warrant people constantly using it , and keeping sombra in a hidey hole.

1 Like

Sombra mains didn’t ask for infinite translocator or stealth.

35m is nothing … than delete translocator entirely and get soemthing new

4 Likes

I didn’t say that tho.devs did

It’s more than symm tp. Which can reach most point health packs and then some if you are on the point.

Why should she be further than the point health pack?

Is this the issue as the enemy team or the same team?

Most Sombra players make the mistake of placing their translocator far away from the fight, therefore making a long walk back, even with invis. I can’t count how many times I’ve laughed because an enemy Sombra made the mistake of tping out of a fight, making it a 6v5, in our favor. If they are doing it, it’s a mistake on their part, not an issue with the hero itself.

I actually like it the way it is, because it means that she risks leaving the fight early. If she is smart, she isn’t ever really leaving the fight for long, and it gives the healers the ability to focus on other people (not saying she shouldn’t get healing, but at least it reliefs some of the pressure).

I would rather see her have an increase in speed while invis, but give her a gauge. So basically, no cooldown, but she has to fill it up over time. Maybe a max of 10 seconds if fully charged? This would force players to utilize her resources effectively, while still giving her mobility and freedom of movement. I don’t know if it should be like D.va’s defense matrix, where it just fills up over time, or like Moira’s where you can charge it by dealing damage, but it would be interesting to see both of them.

I also think they need to rework her into support, or rework her into an actual DPS. None of this “utility” dps B.S. She has no real damage unless she’s point blank, and even then it is easily outhealed. Give her more damage, or give her more support and make her role a supporting role. Currently, Sombra players that I see are treating her like a DPS, trying to go out and get solo kills. If she’s not supposed to get kills, don’t label her as a damage hero.

2 Likes

Remember that they were massive buffs

Meanwhile sombra mains
Please don’t push this live… Please…

4 Likes

I’m still upsetti about her “invis buff” that makes her look ridiculous.

Why are you straining so much sombra? You’re speed walking :roll_eyes:

Exactly just remove infinite invis and everyone’s happy

1 Like

I feel like people has never seen sombra’s damage potential
She trades off DPS for damage
What does that mean?

She doesn’t do as much damage per second, but she can do that damage for more time and from further away (compared to tracer)

And
I feel like people hasn’t seen fitzy randomly headshoting someone… Sombra gun melts

1 Like

Everyone acts like sombra is a Zen enemy…but zen and now mercy are her biggest allies.

Discord and dmg boost secures those distance kills impossible for tracer or doomfist etc

Sombra has limited spread, hits headshots, and build her ult hella fast.

My issue with her is the literal, “stay in the fight”

Because no one actually wants to play her. They want emp.

I have sat there ACTIVELY HEALING SOMBRA and she gets scared and will dip BACK TO SPAWN.

They don’t trust her. They don’t trust their team. And the fight is now 5 v 6.

Why? Because McCree has you at 145 hp? He was at 20!

Everyone keeps downplaying her dmg but tbh, I found it solid before its buffs. She’s now this, soldier tracer hybrid that no one seems to want to use for her actual dmg.

Ever shoot into dva or sigma on sombra? She melts. let alone with a dmg buff

1 Like

Well
After sitting right next to ana after the fight is over for 5sec at 5hp to then have a random bullet kill me

Kinda lowers my trust
I only stay more in the fight when I have a friend that’s a healer. Otherwhise nope

Once someone told me “if you can’t sustain yourself don’t play sombra”

Don’t you want ultcharge?
Don’t you want me to be PARTICIPATING in the fight?

(That was gg ez btw)

1 Like

Ugh, tbh the health pack thing is something I wish was removed more than invis.

Because people act like somehow it’s a resource to sombra to use…

Why? Why would you think that?

It’s best use imo, is negating heals. Not giving it since we have 222 and sombra gains nothing from it. But yes , while on sombra

I had this said to me after hearing “team kill”

Why? Why do this?

1 Like

I don’t think leaving Translocator in a healthpack is bad, specially if you’re farming emp, however, mid fight, the Translocator should definitely be close the fight

Problem though

It might get destroyed and uh
Gg

(But yeah, right now is more of a debuff to the enemy than a resource to sombra)

TP is for entire team, what tp has to do with sombra translocator which is for one person and its only for her ???

I’d make her invisibility visible, in that when she runs there’s a bit of a visual distortion that eagle eyed players could spot. I’d also do as you’ve said and have trans-locator be more of a tool to use in battle to confuse and disorientate your enemy rather than just be an escape tool that takes you out of the fight.

Sombra in her current state is just absent from the fight for too long most of the time. The Sombra player always thinks he’s making a difference by occasionally hacking someone, but I’d swap her for a proper DPS any day.