Sombra thread gets a reply in 2 months. Bastion hasn't even been mentioned in over 16 months (since his gutting a week after his rework)

I’m mad about Blizzard’s communication in general. They never speak up about people that have the most compelling arguments for balance and bugfixes.

And I’m mad that people just handwave any and all arguments the moment someone gets time in the spotlight in OWL.

Pretty much the only thing that is universally accepted is that Symmetra was in a bad spot because she never got picked in OWL.

But Bastion? No. Widow? No. They’re fine. They got used in so-and-so’s match against such-and-such, and (insert pro’s name here) killed it! Git gud!

It’s sickening.

3 Likes

Bastion not buggy

Lol.

1 Like

Care to elaborate?

That’s another thing. Why does everyone suddenly think it’s a competition to get bugfixes?

It’s not a competition. It never was. Bugfixes are part of a normal healthy dev cycle, and Blizzard has the time, money, and resources to address all of the characters. They can literally outsource bugfixing.

It’s not a competition. Any singular character that gets neglected from bugfixing (or at least, communication about bugfixing) is bad. It indicates that Blizzard is failing to keep their game healthy.

If multiple heroes need bugfixes, why are we resorting to whataboutisms?

You think Sombra’s bad? You should see Rein

Who cares? If all of these heroes suffer from lack of bugfixes, how about rallying together instead of putting another sub-community down?

5 Likes

Because it is. In software you cannot just throw endless people at problems and have them be fixed. Software bugs often span multiple components in the software. For example things like fixing Reinhardt probably include integrating fixes from the physics system which may only be maintained by one person. In addition to bugfixes they’re working on new content in parallel. Every video game has bugs. Every single one.

You think Sombra’s bad? You should see Rein

From what I’ve seen and played, Sombra has worse bugs than Reinhardt.

Pft, good luck.
As if the pros would let Bastion anywhere near the meta, they’d have him shut down in weeks like they did with Sombra.

2 Likes

This is the exact meta Bastion is designed to counter. Good thing we have McHanzo who can out-DPS him at every range in the game, though, and whose insane DPS is trivial to bring to bear on a stationary target…

3 Likes

No, it isn’t.

The right to a speedy bugfix should be guaranteed to all heroes, barring complete re-toolings of systemic functions, like changing how the game processes raytracing, or physics.

Furthermore, I repeat myself;

At this point in time, with all of the money that Overwatch rakes in, they could create 28 sub-teams dedicated solely to bugfixing for QA. And instead, they’re lagging behind by having a QA department that seldom communicates about bugfixing, of completely unknown size.

5 Likes

I take it you don’t work in software and/or the games industry? Otherwise you’d realize how absurd your statement is.

1 Like

Bastion is actually a little buggy right now…

But no… in all seriousness, i’m sick and F-Ing Tired of the silence on this subject from the devs… Like, we’re ALL Waiting on you to at least address your players, who are very clearly unhappy with the state of their favorite hero.

Just mentioning us would be the LEAST You could do.

I have started to believe that the neglect is intentional… Not only for lack of empathy, but to keep us coming back when called.

If not for the extremely vague hints that i held on hoping were about my favorite hero, i would have stopped playing all together the moment the recent events left the game.

6 Likes

It makes me and every other Bastion player out there happy so that’s a purpose.

3 Likes

This isn’t an absurd statement, particularly when Blizzard has shown speedy and creative fixes to issues in the past (Lucio’s wallride tech in particular), it’s utterly ridiculous that they can’t tackle things with the same sort of speed and urgency.

Lucio’s wallride revamp had a turnaround time of 1 day, and had all of the bugs fixed within a week.

If they can do that, they can most certainly tackle other bugs with the same sort of transparency, communication, and urgency.

Even if they can’t pinpoint the specific cause of a bug, they can still keep up the transparency, communication, and urgency… and they haven’t.

4 Likes

Unless there’s a Hanzo. Or a Roadhog. Or a Tracer. Or a Genji. You know where I’m going with this.

They said her changes will be large so it’s more than bug fixes.

1 Like

That’s more accurate than old Sentry.

1 Like

Are yall forgetting that Bastion had an Easily Fixed Bug, since the launch of the game, that was only Recently Fixed, due to our banging our heads against the bug report forums?

It’s not like it was hidden, or… Less easily fixed.

They. just. didn’t. care.

2 Likes

It’s easier to go in and fix issues for a hero that was currently being worked on. The code is still fresh and tasks still assigned to the devs. The time has already been allocated for the appropriate devs working on those features. It’s a different story if someone asked them to change things 6 months later when the dev teams are working on other features. Most of the bugs were also likely already in the process of being fixed.

I agree they could do with some more transparency and/or communication, but that’s not a right we’re guaranteed as the players to get. Blizzard has time schedules and deadlines that keep important developers busy, and you cannot just go buy more of them to solve the problem.

1 Like

Right but I’m saying she’s being addressed at all because she’s actually functionally broken. Half of her kit doesn’t work function correctly. Bastion has no game breaking functionality, he’s just overall not very viable.

1 Like

Before the Tank shot fix, Tank mode got you killed half the time, since you had no clue if you would actually shoot, or be forced to wait a second or two for your “Next shot” To load, Because it kept the timing from the LAST Time you ulted.

And we are already talking about an ult that takes a learned ability, and skillshots to get any use out of.

And it’s on a timer.

Except Neo-Hanzo. He shreds Bastions… shields… tanks… and anyone dumb enough to get close.

Except Neo-Symmetra, who will shred Hanzo, Bastions, shields, tanks, and anyone dumb enough to get close.

Except… okay, I think I’m done with the bad joke now.

3 Likes