Sombra stealth "rework"

Sombra was everything but strong back then. She even had stealth contest on top of that and it didnt matter.

1 Like

Not strong doesn’t automatically mean bad. And I wouldn’t underestimate invisible contest.

I dont underestimate it, which is why i complained as they removed it. Just saying in my suggestion that isnt even coming back, but she gets a better speed boost so it becomes a viable escape tool mid battle.

I’m playing some Skye from Paladins which is a stealth assasin and her escape ability is instant invis and it doesn’t work very well … the issue is that when you need to escape someone is shooting at you and even when you get invisible they somewhat know where you are and it is easy to get you killed.

Which is why the big speed boost is needed to make it work.
Sombra has also the translocator where she can do a short translocation to get invulnerability and use the opportunity to get invis. In my suggestion even if she gets hit, she only loses the invis but keeps the speed boost as long as she has the recourses.

Kills are coming really fast in OW and even 100% speed boost won’t be fast enough in most situations, but the issue with that speed is more how fast you can get back into fight after you died and how easy you can get into position in fights.

How is that an issue? Actually the complete opposite is true that the issue is that she doesnt get back into the fights fast enough, because her downtime is way too big. Thats one of the main reasons she isnt performing. OW is fast paced like you said yourself. Thats why the nerf to 50% movement speed actually hurt her more than people want to admit.

Going back into the fight asap is one of the most important things … that’s why Sym2.0 was a great pick in some situations. If you give a hero that much power you have to nerf him somewhere else and I don’t want Sombra to be nerfed in otherplaced. by the way last post for today.

Deykar you are the champion for supporting the cause of getting Sombra fixed, but god damn it seeing your posts just reminds me that it’s never going to happen because Blizzard hates Sombra.

I’ve been playing her since her release and it just never got better for her.

2 Likes

Symm has a perma tp for the whole team to get back to the teamfight faster after dying, yet she isnt used or OP in any fashion.
Sombras invis wouldnt even be permanent anymore. This actually supports my case that it isnt an issue.

Syms perma TP is incredible niche … her ult TP was actually very strong in a lot of situations. Sombra with 100% speed boost for 8s can be back in action almost instantly after respawn ever time. 75% speed boost is good. And her translocator is a much better bail out ability anyway.

I like this idea, very creative.

Got any source? 20 chars

I actually really like this idea. I would like to see this even on current Sombra.

1 Like

So spy’s invis watch

'“We are currently -not- working on bastion changes, but are happy to listen to any feedback”

This is the state of most characters of overwatch. Not getting worked upon but open for feedback. It says nothing that they are working on reworking him, or buffing him or anything.

And that answer was on someone asking the expirimental card being used for a bastion tweak, and in response they said they are not working on bastion at the moment, but on a cc nerf, which happened. This was not a general answer in the slightest, and certainly not a hint that they are working on bastion, how much you would like that to be.

Why would they need to go out of their way to even post in a Bastion thread if they didnt care?

To exlain what expirimental’s next plan was. This does not indicate anything about their next plan.

One thing that’s apparent with 6 vs 6 games and especially since the 2-2-2 role queue is that the game can’t have any room for heroes that take a time out to wait for something.

Sombra just cannot exploit that infinite stealth time hiding out in a corner waiting for something. Spy can do that in TF2 because he can be only one merc in 12 vs 12 matches with no limit on which other mercenaries are picked.

That doesn’t necessarily justify moving it to a resource meter with 8 sec max duration. After all, Soldier 76 can have infinite sprint, sometimes getting rid of limits can help clear up the clutter of managing cooldowns.

Sombras’s cloak needs to get what soldier’s sprint got to make it more viable, that means much faster activation and deactivation, use it much more in combat.

As sombra will be one of only 2 DPS heroes in a game she needs to be able to duke it out on the frontline, stealth that she can use in a fight to reposition would be a part of that.