Sombra started the season at 0.6% pick, she’s now at 0.6%

Yeah, hes oblivious as always

1 Like

A person’s language isn’t the same thing as a character’s power, one is abstract and the other is objective with the latter tending to be numerical in nature.

There’s nothing abstract about describing their intentions as to be making her “stronger overall”.

Sometimes plain English is just that.

Had a discussion the other day with a user who had the firm believe that they didnt want to make her stronger but just set her up for more buffs down the line.

Giving him all the quotes stating they intended to make her stronger with these changes were all lies apparently.

Dunno why she needs a buff just because the players make bad decisions with her. But we can keep asking for one.

Sombra needs a buff because shes bad. Has nothing to do with bad players. The pros dont even consider using her except for scouting on attack, to see to which more useful hero they can switch to.

Here some opinion from the coach of team canada Jayne.

If thats not first hand enough. Heres Danteh

Pro environment doesnt matter? How about a top 500 Sombra main opinion?

8 Likes

Lol that Danteh player is horrible. He can’t even avoid getting shot by a training bot.

Im just throwing out suggestions here. What if they made it so that hack cannot be interrupted by incoming fire but it still can be with CC abilities or barriers and instead of disabling enemy abilities it just works like discord or something like that where sombra can deal more damage to that target once hack is done.

More damage could come in the way of maybe amour ignore when hacked / more damage done like what discord does / further reduction in weapon spread during hack time ?

perhaps allow her to even shoot her while hack is being done also.

So hack would be more reliable and incentive.

EMP stays as it is and can be used to disable ults and abilities.

Because she’s not Brigitte, Symmetra, or Doomfist, and it’s ok for Brigitte to break meta, just not for Sombra.

And if people don’t think Brigitte breaks meta, they might want to check what the meta has been since launch.

Of course hes in practice range. Hes trying to simulate a real match 6v6 where there is always a risk to get hit by random trash damage.

Just like he screwed up his aim and rate of fire to simulate the target getting healed.

1 Like

Yea there’s nothing worse than the enemy given a chance to defend themselves. I swear the Sombra people won’t rest until she has 600 DPS and can win duels just by being there and not having to pull a hack off or use their stealth properly to get a kill.

Don’t agree with the extra damage, but since Hack is basically counterplayed from both ends (interruption initially, support play on the Hacked player), I don’t see that there’s much harm in the rest provided you increase the cast time, lengthen the cooldown, or shorten the duration.

Because thats totally what was said and demanded by Sombra mains.

10 Likes

And you won’t stop arguing against it until Hack is basically impossible to cast, and basically meaningless through healing and support play even if you do somehow manage to succeed.

“It needs counterplay”, well, anything and everything is counterplay to it.

3 Likes

yeah, like if hack cannot be stopped by incoming fire they can kinda balance it around by perhaps tweaking it around. Why i added more damage is like even when you hack a target wasting precious time on the invisi reveal + hack duration, and then you miraculously pull off the hack, but enemy has enough time to call out sombra and suddenly support starts pocketing that person and you have nothing else to do other than stay there and die or tl away and waste your teams time.

I felt that if theres some damage buff attached to the hack which would be more reliable with the suggested buff, she could possibly power through the pocket and get her target at least.

Well she’s not an assassin, so she’s not really supposed to be doing that.

It’s another one of those contradictions the ney-sayers throw at you. “She’s supposed to have her team follow up…” while at the same time complaining “Stealth lets her sneak up and assassinate them.”

The reality is the she needs Hack once the team fight is initiated, and often to initiate the team fight; while if she’s trying to use sneaky assassin stuff, 9/10 you want to just shoot the head.

1 Like

What would you suggest then ?

What are the sombra changes she needs to be a viable pick. I know you have been behind her a lot fighting for her in the forums making lot of posts and all.

Sombra is my 3rd most favorite hero, so I want her to be viable again as well.

I know you asked Jessicka, but if youre interested i did sum up my thoughts in this thread.

1 Like

Me too. I think they would really do a lot with a simple dev update once a month with just stuff they are working on in consideration to balancing.
For example we have been monitoring how much burst damage and CC have been determining games in comp and tanks are having difficulty tanking due to this so we are looking to balance this. Like that would make me feel like they are atleast aware of metas and what is happening within a game.

1 Like

I’ve suggested in the past that longer Hack cast time but no longer interrupted by damage would feel more ‘fair’ in respect to having clear intent on that interrupt. If that goes too far, a damage threshold of 35 damage wouldn’t be unreasonable.

Hack could still be interrupted by displacement, stuns, etc.

I think she needs the grace period back too. The inconsistency and how easily it is unintentionally broken (including by speed boost type abilities as well as lamp posts and other “hidden” terrain) seems irreconcilable as being a useful tool without it.

Her TL beacon didn’t need to be nerfed be be destroyed by opponents either. And with the reset button we now have, a duration of 25 seconds is more than adequate.

Stealth should be simply reverted in its entirety.

2 Likes