Sombra rework can we get a hint?

Yeah but now she has a slower movement speed in stealth and can be detected from double as far away.

Then there is of course her translocator which noe can be heard from 20m away, which xomes with two new problems, the first of course is that it can be destroid by 5 damage and the second problem is that enemies can more easily set up a trap to kill you. A fun fact about this is that her translocator is also targeted by turrets.

At the same time none of her bugs have been fixed and she is going to far weaker and almost seems encouraged to play a role which impacts team fights a bit less

3 Likes

Thatā€™s completely ridiculous, Iā€™m sorry. Sombra was never meant to get free support kills after running around with invisibility on. This is not TF2 and Sombra is not Spy.

It might seem weird but i prefered sombra when she was a DPS/off-support.
Back then her gameplay meant that teamwork was so much more important for her, and lead to interesting defences on points like lunar and volskaya 2nd where teams would establish themselves near her health packs.
She is just becoming a much much weaker spy, and with only six players per team you cannot afford one of your players to be invisible for the majority of a team fight

1 Like

There is a reason nobody plays Spy in 6v6 in Tf2, because heā€™s useless on that level, Sombra canā€™t even 1 shot or actively disguise herslef like the Spy can.

Sheā€™s like a Sniper with only the SMG equipped with a Cloack and Dagger. Neither of the powerful aspect of either of the classes, aka useless entirely.

2 Likes

I get that Hack is where Sombraā€™s strength is supposed to lie, and that is why she has a mediocre gun - otherwise it wouldnā€™t be worth using Hack.

But please, donā€™t call Sombraā€™s gun ā€œdecentā€. That implies good, it is merely just about acceptable right now. It is what it is, mediocre as I explained, with actual maths on my side.

I tried the changes on ptr

I think I see what you were going for but I do have some suggestions

Stealth

Instead of taking her contesting ability away why not make it that when contesting in stealth, after 6 seconds she becomes detected and would use the speed boost to stall a bit longer.

Speaking of speed boost, it should stay at 75%. Feels to sluggish. Plus the last time you tried to nerf a speed boost of an ability( Lucioā€™s wallride) it did not go well and you had to revert it. I doubt it will go well for sombra if you need her speed. Just saying

Also, it would be nice if she didnā€™t shout her location when she exits stealth as loud as on live. Maybe reduce the sound radius and decrease the time it takes to leave stealth?

The detection radius for sombra now is way too big. For her to infiltrate properly, the radius should be the same size as the radius of a quick melee. Players should be able to get pretty close to targets and turrets near doors keep detecting her in stealth. Little silly for that to happen.

Finally, stealth needs a damage threshold of at least 15. It is quite annoying to get kicked out of stealth by a random bullet.

I do like the infinite stealth but the nerfs feel like an overkill. Maybe try my suggestions Please?

Translocator

Other than the ability to destroy your translocator these changes are kinda pointless and mess with translocator. I donā€™t like infinite duration or the fact that the enemy can destroy the device. Let sombra players keep the ability to destroy their own translocator but get rid of the other buffs and nerfs for translocator. Please and thank you.

Hack

I know you guys did not make any changes this patch for back but if you could kindly fix the bugs and give a damage threshold of at least 15 that would be great and make a lot of players happy. I hope you are this and that your team considers giving these ideas of mine a spin. Have a great day and I hope you will make the changes that will truly benefit sombra for all the long time fans and mains. No pressure :wink:

1 Like

double damage for quick melee from invis != spy from tf2
in her arsenal there are still many abilities to influence the course of the battle
not to mention the EMP
Iā€™m just trying to find a way to make invisibility useful in combat
and Iā€™m not saying that these changes are good, I propose to consider them

Another way that invisibility did not fall off until somebody hits Sombra (now it happens after any action). Let Sombra only show herself for the duration of the action. Invisibility would be really useful even in battle
Although it seems to me that such a change is too strong

Well now the changes are in PTR. Lets just say I have not seen ONE sombra main that likes the changes. I dont like them at all. It is basically 2 buffs and 4 nerfs.

I was happy when i first saw this. But now I am just crushed. I dont feel that she needed any of the ā€œBUFFSā€ the only thing I like is that she stealth lasts forever. That is it.

Her changes is just a HUGE BUT HUGE nerf hid inside a mini buff.

I just posted about this if u want to see my hole opinion about this.

As I said, it only looks good on paper. In reality itā€™s change for the worse.

1 Like

LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT, BLIZZARD. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE A SLEDGEHAMMER INSTEAD OF A SCALPEL.

All Sombra players wanted, ALL WE WANTED was bug fixes. Instead, you felt the need to reinvent the wheel, change Sombraā€™s kit and slap those changes with nerfs and fix NONE of her outstanding bugs.

1 Like

9 times out of ten those heroes were in the support or tank category, which means that they play a critical role. Blizzard also has to be more mindful of these players because they are actively sacrificing playing a more immediately rewarding role in exchange for a necessary one. Since Sombra naturally goes for these heroes, her being extremely potent could have more negative consequences in comparison to other heroes.

Though I donā€™t want to play devilā€™s advocate, and I do want Sombra to be a viable pick.

I guess I was alluding more to Hanzo :slight_smile:

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m playing Sombra a lot recentlyā€¦ On live patchā€¦ Enjoying her last moments of ā€œgreatnessā€.

1 Like

Nah, there were plenty of vocal and regular Sombra mains that were begging for buffs and trying to speak for everyone else the entire time. Bug fixes would have been nice, however. As I stated before, I love these changes, I do. They just added too much counter-play for them to even be worth it. I am really bummed about the translocator being heard from 20 meters away through walls. It reminds me of when Reaper screamed ā€œRE-POSITIONINGā€ when teleporting behind enemies. Like, bro, you are stealth character.

2 ā€œbuffsā€ nobody were asking for. And 4 nerfs in return to ā€œcompensateā€ it.
I donā€™t really see much to love in here.

2 Likes

But the thing is, her gun actually is decent. lol!

They are doing that because an infinite translocator means that Sombra really would never be killed as infinite retreat would be there.

The translocator changes donā€™t bother me. (except for an extra button now needed,but whatever)

The changes I am getting used to.

The only problem that needs to change is that her detect range has doubled when she is in stealth.

This needs to change, and I proposed that if this has to stay as it is, then change the detect DURATION.

As it is, the opponents always see where she is going (this combined with the speed nerf) and she gets killed. So in turn, it makes it very difficult to even kill a target as Sombra now. It increases the time I am in stealth trying to find a more perfect opportunity to kill my target.

They need to change the duration of the detect down to where the enemy only sees a ā€œglimpseā€ of Sombra. Not show actually where is she is going.

Also, reverting her gun spread would be nice. Would really help her due to her combat style.

I understand that; however, it is a bit harsh, like, why not 20 meter detection radius but not through walls? They could even bump it up to 30 in that case. Or why not 10 meters and through walls. It is just the best of both and I have a feeling I am going to die A LOT regardless of where I put it which makes smart placement somewhat meaningless.

Honestly, the detection only bothers me when trying to get through chokes. It would be cool if the range was 2 meters for the first 5 or so seconds and after that, it doubles. Lets you get to where you need to go, but prevents you from just chilling right inside their line-up for free.

I do not care if they revert her spread. But, like why nerf her further?

no. Theyve made her even more useless

She needs help in combat not outside of it imo

5 Likes