Sombra just hit 5th least picked hero in comp

Well Sombra is not very rewarding to play with, she’s like a healer in term of reward, you’re not gonna have medals with her, nor POTG, most DPS player in low elo are searching for this, obv she has a low pickrate, she is perfectly viable even as she is rn, she is just not rewarding.

Yeah, She becomes useless when hacked though, and Sombra usually engages from further back then tracer.

I was just trying to work out what is going on in Blizzard head.

Sombra is in a bad bad way and needs a buff - and I am a Zen main, the VERY hero who will get hurt the most from it.

Seriously. Her last buff didn’t even get her pick rates up to anything reasonable and then they removed it anyway.

That is not what killed Sombra

Okay but you see my point? Some hero has to be least used. Doesn’t mean they’re bad. I don’t think anyone here thinks Pharah needs a buff.

Her win rate overall is pretty shocking. It is comparable to hanzo’s. That isn’t a good thing.

Main difference is that Sombra is designed completely the opposite way. She should scale with skill and team coordination which should make high ranks her peak. Yet even in grandmasters she is top 10 least picked, trend falling.

It’s actually objectively true.

What Sombra got from her changes:
-Gun turned from garbage to sub-par (http: //prntscr. com/itcna7 <-- This is how much her spread changed)
-0.15s reduced hack time, counteracted by loss of LoS and Grace Period mechanics to end up as an effective 0.05s reduction in exchange for a 2s CD from ANY damage at all. Literally any. Even less than 1.
-Ability to hack passives which only largely affects ~2 characters, most others don’t even care
-5s translocator time. Woo… Does nothing for her power in a fight
-Complete loss of ult charge from health packs reducing her capability as an EMP-bot, the only thing she was picked for pre-buff.

Remind me how she’s not worse?

6 Likes

The only buff she needs is to increase ult gain from
Landing hits and Hacking.

Then she will be fine.

1 Like

-Tighter spread
-5 seconds longer translocater
-.15 second faster hack
-Lucio, pharah, genji, hanzo all made useless when hacked

-No healthpack ult gain
-2 second cooldown on hack when DAMAGED during it (not when intentionally canceled or when los is broken)

And you guys are saying she’s WORSE?

These forums are a wild, wild place.

You forgot the line of sight changes which leads to a buggy mess where her hack brakes for no reason at random.
EMP spam was th eonly thing making her viable before, so removing that is a big deal. They focused her power into regular hack instead, but then nerfed it immediatly after 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Like I said. We’ll see in stage 3. This is all just speculation now.

But I’m saying this, as a Sombra main who would gladly take more buffs: I’d anticipate another nerf long before she gets anymore buffs. So don’t get your hopes up.

1 Like

Another nerf? lmao then i couldnt take this game seriously anymore.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is the playerbase overall. Most dps mains especially in low ranks go strickly for kills rather than actual picks. Sombra isn’t design to play deathmatch the whole game she’s meant to pick off crucial enemies and she’s very good at it, the majority of the community just sucks at the game.

2 Likes

Pretty much exactly this.

She’s a niche hero, ofcourse pick rate is going to be low. Her difficulty also plays into the weighing of options when people say they don’t know how to play her effectively so it’s another reason she isn’t chosen. She’s also countered by coordination and teamwork.

1 Like

Did you read the comment I posted or are you just ignoring that? There’s a reply button and quoting also notifies people. Use them.

Wait, is Blizzard policing our Grammar now?

It wouldn’t let me post “I DID MY WAITING! 12 MONTHS OF IT! IN F TIER!”, and kept asking me if that was a complete sentence.

1 Like

They nerfed her into “niche” state. She was overall more viable pre nerf.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the 2 second nerf to Hack, but Blizzard definitely nerfed Sombra too early. They should have waited at least a month before adding the nerf into the game, to allow Sombra’s popularity to rise a bit more. Sometimes it’s a good thing to let a hero be overtuned for a little while.

1 Like

Her trend was already constantly falling pre nerf. The Sombra meta was never a reality. Statswise she was never overtuned. Only argument for a nerf were knee jerk reactions of some forum dudes and some pros who thought she is too good, but then proceed to mostly lose with her in contenders.

1 Like