Sombra just hit 5th least picked hero in comp

But she doesnt get any attention on the PTR?
Her pickrate is 0.9% this week. lol

49 Likes

I think the best thing to do is wait. I genuinely think even with the recent nerfs, she is much better than she was initially but seeing as how the majority of the playerbase are sheep I think it’ll probably take seeing OWL players use her to show how good she is.

Same thing with Mei on Horizon, Reaper on Anubis, Bastion on Junkertown etc…

24 Likes

She needs her ult charge from health packs again, I told you guys that taking that away would kill the character.

16 Likes

Mei and Reaper are getting buffs. And Bastion is literally the least picked hero in the game.

6 Likes

She feels as clunky and weak as ever. I don’t necessarily care about pick rate, but it at least confirms the frustrations of playing her. She doesn’t add much to the team, especially for extended periods of time.

2 Likes

ok, she is a niche pick and should remain that way. she if for destroying comps that are heavily reliant on abilities like bastion bunker.

4 Likes

Not really my point. I’m saying very viable strategies sometimes aren’t adopted by the overall playerbase until they see someone better do it.

Also at diamond and above her winrate is above 50% and at master and up she has higher usage than pharah.

This may just be a case of less skilled players skewing the overall results. If sombra was good at gold, she’d be overpowered at master. That’s just how it works.

No, the point of her changes were to make her more viable in general. Heroes being niche is a just a sad excuse to leave them in a bad state.

18 Likes

But we have to please the Tracer babies.

11 Likes

Pharah is literally balanced around becoming weaker as people progress in aiming skill. Being above Pharah in grandmasters isnt a big achievement.

2 Likes

Her increased dps makes her much more viable. Before she was an emp bot. Now she can actually kill things like a dps. The pros literally thought of her as a support before. I don’t see how you aren’t happy about this.

Also being niche isn’t an excuse. If every character was equally viable, they’d have to be the exact same.

5 Likes

she has seen a rise in pickrate though. so they did make her more viable

2 Likes

And she is contantly dropping in pickrate, its not stopping lol.

3 Likes

She’s genuinely overall worse. The only thing she is better at is that her gun isn’t a flaming piece of garbage, it’s just slightly sub-par now. So yes, technically she is stronger in a fight, but she’s incredibly weaker as a character and as a pick in general.

7 Likes

Mei’s buff isn’t anything to write home about. I doubt it will change her pick rate.

The reaper buff is pretty substantial.

Sombra needs something pretty big. Her pick rate is bad all across the board.

Maybe they expect Brigitte will bring Sombra’s pick rate up? I can’t see it happening, but I can’t see Brigitte getting a lot of comp play.

1 Like

So then why aren’t we asking for Pharah buffs?

A hero that’s only good against bad players seems to be much more problematic than a hero that you have to be skilled to use.

1 Like

Brigitte makes Sombra worse. She litrellay has the worst weapon to deal with an armored up team.

5 Likes

Because Pharah is balanced out by being insanely strong when uncountered to really weak when countered. You have to bring both aspects to a more subtle medium to do anything with her or it breaks her.

A rebalancing of Pharah wouldnt be out of question in my book, but thats not the thread topic here.

As someone who’s used Sombra since release, this is just objectively false. There’s no way to prove it to you so I guess we’ll have to wait until stage 3 of OWL to show how much she will dominate. Have you been watching contenders? At all? Pro’s are literally anticipating a Sombra meta.