Sombra is necessary and fine

She exists because the game requires crowd control and I mean true crowd control not a knockback. Without her or ana certain characters just don’t die and even with them they still don’t die a lot. Venture, Ball, Tracer, Doomfist(if they’re good), Low key mercy in lower ranks.

Everyone wants to complain and then when they nerf her into the ground and there’s too much movement and damage avoidance we complain as if the devs didn’t try to give us the tools to combat them.

Supports wanna play against sombra use moira you can interrupt hack and you can hit her when she teleports in the air even if it’s just for a second it prevents her from going invis immediately and punishes her. Dps, mei and torb aren’t bad just not common.

My profile is public btw I don’t play sombra like that I just think the community has gotten out of hand with this anti CC stuff it exist in this and many other games for a reason.

13 Likes

Would be fine if they didn’t decide to remove 60% of all CC in OW2.

4 Likes

OP-or-not opinions on DPS are to be nullified due to bullet buff from S9

Sombra is neither fine nor necessary. She is built from the ground up to hard camp someone. This isnt even a matter of opinion on something being “unfun”, she is literally designed to ruin someone’s fun. Why? Why do that blizzard?

20 Likes

If you’re getting spawn camped, it means you’re not checking for the sombra well enough.
I’ve gotten successfully camped once during ow2, all other times i win the duel on either first or second try.

It’s so satisfying to kill a camping sombra, usually makes them swap too.

I think she’s absolutely needed but people just play her in the most toxic way ever, very rarely do I play with or against a sombra that I respect, and usually that’s when she’s playing with the pack and helping deal with problematic people on the front/mid line or hunting camping heroes (widow/soldier/etc).

Truly my biggest gripes with her are:

1. She enables brutal toxicity in people
  2. When people are getting demolished on a certain DPS hero, they swap into Sombra out of spite and just rail the supports (this season it seems to be a lot of Widows) even when a Sombra isn’t what’s harassing them.

I respect a Sombra counterpick Sombra, but man, something’s gotta give, as a support main I don’t want to be playing Moira my whole life because of her and I wish I were joking when I say this, but I truly see her in like 50% of my matches in QP RQ.

HAHAHHA yeah instead balancing the game,lets go and just create a hero that can disable problematic heros… nice…

i hardcounter you and you hardcounter me…

lets go and no one have fun!

6 Likes

I believe that. At the end of s9 Sombra was in 90% of my comp games… I like playing Moira but being forced to play her every game gets old.

I’d like to see Sombras Invis get reworked again. Maybe she can’t go invis for 3-5 seconds after she ports?

5 Likes

Ugh, I was hoping Comp was better but that’s unfortunate to hear. i don’t play a lot of it, so I didn’t see, but that’s brutal.

The rework could be as simple as making it so she can’t throw and go invisible at all for 3s+ or GIVING HER FOOTSTEPS SOUND lolol something, because it’s pretty brutal with the bullet size update AND her getting passive healing. OR give her like,“Does not heal when invisible” or something. I’m tired of her getting away to be fully healed not long after and just come back.

1 Like

Yea the no-footstep-sound combined with being highly mobile is insane to me. Zen and Sig have this too but they’re so slow it doesn’t really matter.

Even Genji - a flippin NINJA - has that pitter-patter

10 Likes

it’s honestly baffling that they allowed her to be so dang silent, as support I can try to get away, but not always and I have to suffer if my team is inept .-.

1 Like

people seem to always want to have like a balance oriented justification for what is — at its core — not a balance problem.

sombra isn’t always complained about because people think she’s oppressively powerful. she’s largely complained about because she’s friggin ANNOYING. a lot of people play overwatch for fun, and sombra is flat out not fun to play against for a very large majority of the complainers.

can we please grow beyond “skill issue” and understand that bad UX is not the same as your standard balance outlier?

9 Likes

if anyone plays Magic the Gathering, the analogy of Sombra to mono-blue counterspell decks will feel all too real, it’s not something that is inherently unfair and needs fixing, it doesn’t win games alone, but it’s one of the most hated things in the game.

2 Likes

-Venture is barely bothered at all by Sombra.
-Ball has so many counters it’s not even funny, Sombra isn’t even the best one anymore.
-Sombra does literally nothing to tracer
-Doomfist is barely perterbed by her, you’re better off going Orisa.

Sorry, this point just doesn’t hold any water.

1 Like

This is team game. Sombra is strong in 1 vs 1 only. Tell your teammate that you need help.

The difference is that you only see mono-blue if your opponent already decided to play mono-blue. They can’t start out with mono-red aggro and then swap to mono-blue after losing the early game.

1 Like

Maybe that’s what happens when a dev team turns the game into solo tanking -and then try to overbuff every tank hero (including Ball, Doom, etc) to fill the gap of two tanks just to be viable. Now you can’t make them not good, because they have to fill that role or they’d be unplayable and a throw pick.

At the same time, good peel tanks like Dva and Zarya can no longer peel efficiently against enemy Tracers Sombras, Venture, etc because they’re a solo tank and can’t afford to give up frontline space just to peel for their backline. That’s the game cycle that 5v5 enables, nobody can do anything because the frontline role is so locked down there’s zero agency over playing with and as a team.

Imagine having two tanks, so you can make the very mobile ones less oppressive in terms of survivability, thus not needing garbo toxic heroes like Sombra to hard counter their existence just to have a somewhat balanced state of gameplay.

Sombra is basically like killing a tumor by introducing an even more hostile tumor that takes over the other one. How about we create a host that doesn’t foster tumors to begin with…

6v6 supremacy, it aint perfect but it’s bloody well much better than 5v5 ever will be.

Not gonna read a single letter. No. Just no.

I feel like the sombra cult had it’s bluemoon meeting, agreed on a particular paragraph to recite and are spamming the forum

While their cult leader is surprisingly hiding :joy:

probably got the chills seeing support sombra and is panicking :joy:

Hence this sombra raid.

Guys atleast use chatgpt to change the delivery if all of you recite sombra is necessary it becomes obvious.

1 Like

sombra theme song

https://youtu.be/x47NYUbtYb0?si=NeOcwCzKmjAPjPBA