"Sombra is meta because she is being used in the Contenders"

“Hey look, players who are literally paid to communicate with each others are doing good with a character that relies at 95% on communication, guess those who complained about the changes were wrong haha” *dab

yeah no

23 Likes

Is that why we see so many Sombras these days? It’s really frustrating given that Sombra on your team is an almost guaranteed loss anywhere but contenders.

3 Likes

So you are complaining that Sombra in a teamgame, in a team setting, where people communicate, should not be meta?

10 Likes

If only there was a way to get that kind of communication on ladder…

👾 Buff Sombra's Team Coordination

5 Likes
1 Like

Metas normally form out of pro play but in this case, they just used Sombra to surprise EMP bot they didn’t have a counter strat so the only thing they can do is Sombra vs Sombra but we sew more and more anti-Sombra comps today that forces them to swap of Sombra so it won’t stay meta

1 Like

So you say the statistics on an volunteer website somehow are fact?

These stats are a factor into building the picture of her overall balance. I added the opinions of some experts for a reason.

No, you added a volunteer website. Blizzard has the true data.

Well, these are actual statistics of Overwatch. Overbuff was always used by the community to find more stats then they could from any Blizzard side I don’t understand why everybody now is like eww 3-party website and we see her already being less used in contenders hours by hours because she just was a surprise EMP bot. Now they slowly learned to play against Sombra and she is getting forced out again. Not to mention that contenders also made bastion work is he fine to?

2 Likes

If it is Overbuff, they are worth nothing.

What people fail to realize that contenders is where they try different Strats and team comp… This alone does not mean anything.

4 Likes

Sure, but overbuff has been proven to be a valid source as it basically was identical to Jeffs data posted on the forums in march, where she also got played in contenders and everyone thought she was OP. In fact she wasnt even a top 10 pick in any tier back then.

3 Likes

A pro team got the worst hero in the game to function at a basic level, thus obviously it means Sombra is fixed and viable.

I can’t wait to go on my win streak in low gold solo queue today. Plat here I come! Nay…DIAMOND!

6 Likes

I don’t think you’ll have much problem using her in comp diamond+, even if you don’t talk. Now if you’re in a non coordinated team in lower rank many heroes get severely negleted from low levels of teamplay. So yea, use some other hero to grind up fast n then play her. There are heroes that are free sr till dia and you literally need not more than 1h to pick em up.

OH My god i was so stupid how could i not see that sombra is good, im going to rank with her!

Oh crap

12 Likes

I mean that 46% winrate looks really juicy. How could we all have been possibly this wrong about the Sombra changes?

1 Like

Maybe we dont know how to play her, yeah that must be it.

10 Likes

A character used in OWL
“See? This is the meta so you are wrong and accept it”

A character used in Contenders
“Wtf? Wtf? I cant accept i was wrong. Its all your fault.”

You think adding a sarcastic remark like *dab makes the point you’re quoting bad all of the sudden? As if a character MEANT for gathering information shouldn’t rely on communication?

This is why the general forums need to be ignored by the devs…which is unfortunate.

I’ve said this before, but maybe Sombras that hate her current state are playing the wrong hero. Rather than making a hero change to suit your tastes, maybe you should pick one that already suits your tastes.

That’s like me as a vegetarian wanting to eat meat, and complaining that it contains meat. Guess what I do instead? I eat something else.

TL;DR: maining a hero that requires communication is YOUR choice. If your team doesn’t communicate and you still play her, that’s your problem. Play another blasted hero.