Sombra is gonna get nerfed I feel it in my bones

How does Sombra have a hard time killing doomfist or Lucio when hacked, they don’t have good primaries and their whole kit gets completely shut down to the point that they become so extremely vulnerable.

Other than that I agree with what you are saying about skill, sombra doesn’t have insane damage stats because of hack. If you have skill than you should get the kill.

Needed to have your teammates follow up on hacked targets is other key problem to how sombra functions.

Doomfist I’ll give you, he gets hacked diving into blue team’s backline, or off on a flank waiting to pounce with no teammates around. That’s a dead doomfist.

Lucio gets hacked in the middle of his own team. He usually catches a bubble, DM and healing; and Sombra normally had a better target for the hack that Lucio jumped in front of and completed on him(the most annoying bug).

If Lucio is riding on the ceiling stalling a point in OT and gets hacked, good. Little frog is WAY too good at stalling points. lol

1 Like

At this point, Blizzard would probably nerf her because [THINK OF THE CHILDREN]. Seriously, if anything, Sombra needs a damage buff and spread reduction.

As for those whiners who say she’s overpowered, allow me to say this. “Waah waah, learn to aim. That or start making friends with gorillas, since Winston’s a hard counter to Sombra.”

I don’t know where you got your information but it is completely wrong. Low to mid diamond in season 13. I played a game against a top 500 (Oceanic is a weird place at 1am).

I never intended to rank shame him, I was just stating from past experience when I was at that level. Not many people communicate and that can make Sombra a lot less effective.

You see if you actually read my post you would know, I don’t trust anything you say now because it looks like all you wanted to do was “You are bad, stop bullying this person” which is even got wrong.

I have a really good friend who loves playing Sombra, he has roughly an average Sr of 3100. Every game he plays on Sombra he dies roughly 3-4 times. Everyone else is about 8-9. Sombra has a kit that allows her to escape much easier than other heroes.

Most of this comes from what I see when playing with him.

In certain situations Sombra can be great in comp. You actually have to talk with your team to get the most out of her but disabling a rein so your Rein can shatter is a team fight winning move.

I am biased, I hate Sombra with a passion, but I also am intrigued by how nobody understands the true power of her kit. When I play her myself, I never feel like I’m in danger. Only when I completely skrew up I die.

Oh my bad I didn’t realize that 1 damage completely destroys sombra to the point she can’t do anything. It’s easily avoided, don’t walk in front of the enemy, hack from behind or from elevation, don’t put to tp right in front of an enemy.

I do think sombra is oppressive, I think hack needs to be less good while stealth or her gun should be better. Maybe something as simple as you can chain hack somebody with emp.

But why, why would you have the Lucio in the middle of his team, hack him when he is coming back from spawn, hack him when he is stalling, hack him when his team is disorganized, hack him during grav to stop sound barrier.

Of course hacking somebody in the middle of their team is going to make it hard to kill them. I was saying that these heroes have a disadvantage when they get hacked.

So because your friend plays her and dies less, you have a great idea of where Sombra lands balance-wise?

Not dying as much =/= More powerful when what you do when you’re alive is what matters. :joy:

That’s the problem that people have highlighted.

In certain situations, she can be good. Can be good. As in, there:

1. Has to be a situation where she can excel in
  2. Certain conditions have to be met within that situation to be effective in
  3. Your team has to be able to follow up on your comms

No other hero is as team reliant as her to have a chance to be useful. Which is fine!..if she didn’t suck for 99% of the playerbase. Luckily I go in a group into comp and that’s why I don’t lose with her as much…but often times I can switch off of her to be more effective with less effort on a different hero.

This is why I don’t take your post seriously and I feel the need to call out your bias.

Because you’re not saying, “I think she might be more powerful than people give her credit for”, you’re saying “No, you’re wrong, she’s REALLY powerful. I don’t play her, but my friend does - and I’m right about it!” when EVERYTHING else says otherwise. And then you later suggest:

Which in turn would make her closer to a budget-Tracer and no one wants that.

As someone who hates Sombra - and good on you on actually admitting it - please stop telling people who actually play her a lot what she is capable of when you are admittedly biased against her.

She is not oppressive. Otherwise she would actually be good, including in ranks above you with a better winrate and a better pickrate. :man_shrugging:

I feel some context may help here-

Doomfists highest win and pick rate was in GM

Most predominant “meta” picks are picked basically every game, often on both sides simultaneously.

Doomfist at his best was picked about once every other game by a single side.

His win rate had him winning about 2~ games more out of 100, than these predominant meta picks who were in every game.

His pick rate and win rate were going down as time went on- largely due to understanding of him and buffs to many of his countets.

Where 9/10 of the players played overwaycj however on ladder, doomfist was literally sitting at a 50% win rate.

To go with this doomfoat was hardly used in the pro scene- and had minimal impact there.

Doomfist wasnt what id classify as OP

But people hated fighting against him because of his play style. He works largely by surprise- catching people with hail marys over odd terrain or RPing them when theyre not expecting it, and bursting them down in a short time frame. Done right hed get in and escape quickly. Add in his juggling mechi and it infuriated players

So he was neutered.

Oh, I wasn’t saying he was OP. I was saying that he was effective at his job and above Sombra at every level. And because he was effective and frustrating to play against, he was nerfed. OP was saying that Sombra is going to get the same treatment, but she isn’t picked a lot, she isn’t winning a lot, and she isn’t as effective as he was at any rank. :confused:

I agree - like you said, in GM (where it mattered most), was where we saw the match-up. Doomfist was picked a lot and had a better winrate because he was more effective than Sombra. And after he was neutered, she also tanked…which kind of showed she was only really used to keep Doomfist in line.

We did see a lot of Doomfist in Contenders, as we did with Sombra. Same as OWWC. Anywhere Doomfist was used, Sombra was as well more often than not.

1 Like

Not at all you just said that she should die regularly, I said you are wrong and used that example.

Again what I said earlier, no character should be good at every single situation, sombra is niche and only works effectively on a couple maps, who cares Torb only works on a couple maps, Genji only works on a couple maps, Rein works on a lot of maps but not all of them.

She doesn’t suck tho, she requires a lot from the player and her team, she the hardest character to master and use well in this game.
No other character can do what she does.

Good for you, this Forum is full of people with personal biases, you have a bias to say sombra isn’t good because you can’t player her efficiently. You are a sombra player, of course you want to tell everybody “My main is horrible but I make it work and I’m so good I don’t belong in plat I should be GM”

I’m a tank player, I don’t like sombra, but instead of crying about it I looked at her and learned, how she works, what counters her. I still dislike her because hack is annoying and not a fun ability to have in the game. But I don’t want her to be trash, she deserves a place in the game.

I don’t want that but people always ask for damage increases and if hack would get nerfed that Sombra wouldn’t really have a place in this game, she would need compensation somewhere and that’s the only spot I can realistically see her getting buffs.

Why, a lot of them seem to not understand that hack can win fights, hack can make certain heroes almost free kills or sitting ducks for your team.

She isn’t, hack is. Hack is the center of her kit. Silences are from MOBAs and I don’t think they belong in FPS games, even if overwatch isn’t a true FPS. Sombra’s power scales with team play, that why the pros use her most effectively.

I don’t want to come of as rude or insensitive but a lot of Sombra players whine and moan about how bad she is when they play her like Tracer. A lack over understanding doesn’t help Sombra and I tell a lot of Sombra players what to do because even in diamond she isn’t played correctly. I want to show them the basics of Sombra so they don’t complain about things in her kit that are quite strong.

Is this satire or just someone trying to pull a fast one by telling lies?

Doomfist before nerf had a average pick rate 2-3 times higher than Sombra’s lifetime highest pick rate. And he had the second highest win rate in the game.

“Not far off”. Pfffft. Sure. In the same way taking an elevator to the second floor is “not far off” from going to the moon.

1 Like

Good for my hamster, good for me, I hope she gets nerfed just for my own nefarious reasons.

I don’t know what mode you play but usually, there is a whole team standing behind rein’s shield that should protect his back.

You know whats even simpler? Calling exhaggerated ridiculousness out…
if you can still fire, you can still play, you’re not removed from the fight until you die or give up.

2 Likes

…I…wouldn’t.

Which is why I said there are almost always better targets, and if he gets hacked then it’s normally a bug.

Oh I must have missed that. I was just saying why would you do that because you used it as an example.

Hacking Lucio is only ever good when you want him to not stall or to cancel sound barrier. Otherwise that frog will be around his friendly neighborhood Reinheart.

Reaper does not get countered by Pharah. That’s simply 1 hero he can’t interfere with. You’re telling me a team with a widow and a reaper will have trouble versing a pharah because of the reaper? No. There is a difference between a hero countering you and a hero that you can’t interfere with. Pharah isn’t Reaper’s job to kill.

I don’t think she’s bad LOL. That’s the irony of it. I just don’t believe she’s good enough to warrant a nerf, which is what the premise of this entire thread is.

Only thing I want is bug fixes and a QoL visual change for hacked targets to just be your ally’s color instead of the enemy’s color against the enemy outline being the same color.

I do not think she needs:

• A buff to hack
  • Better gun damage
  • Damage threshold on hack (so long as it continues to get bug fixes)

So…yeah, that argument is null. :smile:

I’m a positive winrate Sombra. I can play her differently to fit different needs, and can accept that in some situations she just won’t work.

But I also can’t deny that there are really simple fixes that do not actually buff her or adjust any numbers or anything (i.e. visual effect changes) that can help her see more viability and assist with coordination, which is a huge factor in her viability.

The fact that there are people who are asking for nerfs to her as she is currently, though, is completely asinine to me.

1 Like

No, seriously, if you’re not thinking “LOL Free win” when you’re up against her, you’re doing something wrong.

“Yeah but she killed me anyway! Numbers only matter when I can use them as evidence”
/s
(nice image name btw)

she is one of the most annoying heroes, more then Mei for me. I shoot right when she comes from invisibility and she still hacks me, i dodge around corner and still get hacked.

Her hack time is ridicilous but overall i dont think she is anyhow too powerful and i doubt that nerfs will come.