Sombra is being revived 🌟 So We Thought

Ohh just thinking about all the creativity ways they can go about it is simply amazing.

1 Like

Dropping down to Bastion’s level?

1 Like

She’s always been “1 kill > 2 kills” in terms of her playstyle, prioritising targets being a huge part of her gameplay. So why not have a throwing knife that works like sonar arrow? Only, if she hits someone it marks them like Widow’s mine but to the whole team.

1 Like

At least Bastion can work in pirate ships.

This seems too much like the other 2 heroes abilities. I think just giving her the throwing knives as some more dps is fine as long as it isnt too much but obviously not too little.

1 Like

Knives have absolutely nothing to do with her style, shtick or personality.
Current sombra evolved way differently from her initial design.

You could, however, re add mines to somehow act like those knives.
She originally had some kind of mine in her kit, as you can see from her utility belt loaded with them and she has unused voice lines about mines and mine deployment.
With time, they came up with translocator and when they tried it out they said they thought it was so cool they started reworking her gameplay with translocator being the main shtick (A lot of her design problems could potentially be attributed to this sudden shift but I digress), I believe they said this on her blizzcon reveal.

It’s just getting too obvious that she needs damage, I honestly can’t say that just bug fixes and the sombra icon on hacked targets would be enough anymore, specially when their supposed bug fixing they reported is falsely claiming stuff like the LOS hack bug were fixed while things like dying during translocator return have been “being looked into” since her ptr release.

3 Likes

I did some testing. I (roughly) adjusted Sombra’s base movement speed slightly above 6mps. I took 5.5 and tried to figure out how much of a % is .5 of 5.5. It is roughly 9%, a little above that, actually. So I went into a custom game and since they only have variables of 5% in their scalar up to 500%, I set it to 110%. This is just barely above what would be her speed at 6mps and clocks in at 6.05mps. So not 100% but still very close! And I can tell you, it feels amazing. PLEASE try it for yourself. 6mps with a 75% speed increase while invisible would be ridiculous. So this puts her slightly below where her original invisibility speed was but only by a little. With some quik mafs (which turned into long mafs), I came up with this.

Original Speed:

• 5.5 x 75% = 4.125mps added while invisible

This adds up to 9.625mps while invisible for 6 seconds.

Current Invisibility:

5.5mps x 50% = 2.75mps added

This adds up to 8.25mps while invisible.

If Sombra were to have a 6mps base speed:

• 6 x 50% = 3mps added

This adds up to 9mps while invisible indefinitely. 0.75mps faster than current invisibility, but still slower than her original invis speed.

While 0.75mps doesn’t seem like much, it surely does not feel that way. It feels drastically better and less like you are running in quicksand. It would be 0.625mps (roughly 6%, i think) slower than the original invisibility speed but much faster than the current invisibility. This gives Sombra a faster base speed while keeping her invisibility speed fast but not too fast. This will also put her more in line with heroes that are most similar to Sombra, Tracer and Genji, as they both are flankers that want to get into the backline as fast as possibe and have a base speed of 6mps. This would be around a 19% increase in speed to current invisibility (69%ish) if they wanted to increase it flat out.
And many people are saying. (BuT yOU hAvE inFInITe inViS) And while this is true, you will never be invisible forever unless you are throwing. There is 0 situations where you should be invisible for more than 15 or 20 seconds. It is ridiculous to think that Sombra will be using her invisibility for such a prolonged time on top of the fact that she has to hack her health pack, throw down her translocator and wait the 6 second cooldown. While a 6 second cooldown does not seem like much, it goes on cooldown everytime you exit stealth. The probability of not being hit while invis is close to 0, especially with how limited to the ground Sombra is when invisible. Either she goes through a choke or takes longer going up stairs and find a route that is suitable for you to flank without your translocator.

1 Like

I agree… something need to be done with her relating to this below.

Cooldown of stealth

stealth cast time for de-cloakign and cloaking.

Stealth Speed Buff need to be reverted

or

They need to bump her base movement speed.

Keep in mind that we are only talking about stealth and her mobility.

2 Likes

I think no matter what her low damage will always be an issue. But I think since she is “highly unlikely” to get her speed increase or ability to stall while invisible this is the next best thing. They don’t know what they want to do with Sombra and clearly no one on the team plays the hero more than when testing changes. A 0.5mps base speed increase is hopefully not too unrealistic (but I know blizzard and they seemed SUPER scared to buff Sombra). But this is what PTR is for.

1 Like

I agree… I am more on the side to reduce her spread a little or even give her a reverse bloom.

I agree with this so much, it is a place where you can try crazy ideas and see it works. Nothing on the PTR means it’s going be permeant… The PTR has so much potential to try wild and out of the box ideas, but nope… it is mostly used for bug testing. even though bugs still find there way to the LIVE server.

1 Like

They ALWAYS make it to the live server. In the last MULTIPLE patches I have seen no bugs fixed for Sombra other than the ones that they introduced through these new changes. Play 1 hour as Sombra or even 30 minutes and I guareentee you will encounter at least 5 different bugs, and some, multiple times, the most prominent being long hack and random breaking of hack.

1 Like

Exactly… so they just need to use PTR to test out ideas for each heroes…

1 Like

and maybe… I dunno… take suggestions from people who spend hours daily playing the hero? Just a suggestion from someone who does. And i know, being negative isn’t going to help, but the past shows that being positive gives literally nothing. Time and time again we are disappointed and left with a Sombra worse than before, and I’m sick of it. It sucks that such a great idea of a hero is so bad for no reason. They refuse to outright buff her. She does NOT need any more nerfs.. The only nerfs I could see her using are a lengthened cast time maximum back to 0.8s but that would need multiple buffs to outweigh that to even make it reasonable.

4 Likes

This 100%

2 Likes

Actually played a bit more of new Sombra now that I have to.

She’s bad.

Geoff was right when he said infinite stealth didn’t make a difference. Only thing it’s good for is stalking ppl for extended periods, and hiding doing nothing. Not the most welcome additions to gameplay.

The speed nerf was totally unnecessary. How was 175% walkspeed without being able to hack or shoot overpowered? Only the Sombra player would even notice.

Translocator gets destroyed by spam or splash damage which there’s heaps of now with DF, Hammond etc. Also, you can’t use it for in-combat shenanigans which lowers her skill ceiling. She’s just easier to kill now.

I always wanted the translocator cancel for almost a year, but I’d revert this patch anyway.

Her stats will 100% still be in the trash in a month. Nothing is fixed.

4 Likes

Exactly, I wish they revert her speed buff so since she is useless at least we can enjoy moving fast while being useless.

3 Likes

This is exactly what most Sombra mains are saying, she is NOT BETTER. She is only easier. I’ll be honest i didn’t want and don’t like/want new Sombra, but I felt relief because i wouldn’t have to try so hard to get the most out of her, but now I am frustrated with how easy they made her. Invis used to have such a high skill cap as an ability and what you can do with it, now anyone can be at least decent with it. Like i said, she is easier not better. There is a difference.

3 Likes

She wasn’t Hanzos and Genjis sister, as far as I know. She was an assassin set to kill one of them (or both?) in the lore and I think they planned to give her a wallhack ability that later turned out to become hanzos sonic arrow.
Not entirely sure about that though.

1 Like

I also thought she was planed as Sister but I’m to

XD

PS. There are new bugs on my Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] - #11 by SchWiniX-2357 Post please check it out and raise the awareness of the new bugs #notsponsored xD

1 Like

Her declining win rates suggest otherwise. She’s being picked a little more, but not with any kind of success. If she was in any way easier or more effective, you’d expect her to at least start winning, not drop to 46% win rates.

She might feel easier, but it’s not translating to being an effective component in the team.

1 Like

The question is how long will the pick-rate stay up there (haha “up there” on 0.7%) It will probably fall soon.

Her time management is gone so the skill floor is easier but the problem why a lot of players drop her again is her DMG when you start Sombra it just does not feel good (please don’t buff dmg in any way)

Well her winrate just kinda improved for a day when the changes hit live then dropped to her normal winrate.

1 Like