Sombra is being revived šŸŒŸ So We Thought

How are all of you Sombraā€™s doing out there? Getting used to the patch? Having fun? :thinking:

2 Likes

Find her slow and frustrating. Can be Sneaking around, assassinating, setting up nice plays, but at the end of the day, when youā€™ve done that 3 minutes and gotten nowhere so switched to Widow or Pharah and just wrecked faces and pressed the payload home from there because youā€™re actually fully engaged 6v6 all the time every time; itā€™s just deflating how obvious her shortcomings are.

Game just doesnā€™t need a hero who canā€™t be in the fight.

1 Like

As useless as before.
Winning as her is a coin flip between my team being willing to work with me or not.

2 Likes

She is more boring now even in comp.
So im just recoding my games collecting bugs etc.
That keeps me entertaint

2 Likes

I am getting used to it now, I just play her as an assassin, without the assassination part.Who would have thought, but I am playing her the exact same as beforeā€¦ Except I am playing her a little less aggressive.

2 Likes

YES!!! This comment just won the internet for today!

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

Wut? XD
20 charrrrrr

2 Likes

You sir have proven yourself correct

3 Likes

I wish I wasnā€™t but after almost 2 years of the balance team doing this canā€™t really say I expected anything less.

3 Likes

To be honest, Iā€™m not sure. Between the highlights and fun moments of playing her, thereā€™s really long periods where nothing really happens.

3 Likes

Exactly. You do something super sneaky and it feels amazingā€¦
Then you remember that you spent most of the match doing nothing. :confused:

1 Like

I thought that comment was gold as now this is the best way to capture and collect bugs since you can go invisible forever. Itā€™s like you are in Spectator mode!

R.I.P. at least sheā€™ll get like 15 seconds of play time in OWL gamesā€¦ and then swap to something else.

1 Like

Yes, to check the enemy team and trans out to switch to someone useful lol.

First they wanted her as a scavenger, which why pick Sombra over Tracer when she can just do it all herself?? Then she was supposed to be a disruptor, not necessarily getting kills but being annoying (awful hero idea), and now she is a scout that is basically a spectator. What is next?

1 Like

They just need to go back to the original plan for Sombra and just let her be an assassin.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that was ever a plan. At this point Iā€™d rather see her as a support hero like the original original design for Sombra with no cooldown on hack and passive invisibility, hack the payload and stuffā€¦ that would be fun. I really DONā€™T want Sombra to be a support but if that is the only way that they will make her at least relatively decent as a hero pick over others, then I am all for it.

True. I was talking about her original original original plan, where she was known to be the sister to both Hanzo and Genji, who wielded throwing knives etc.

2 Likes

I knew about the throwing knives thing, but not sister of Hanzo and Genji, RIP to that idea, unless they had the same mother/father and they didnā€™t want a daughter or something. Theyā€™re ages arenā€™t too far apart to not make sense. But it seems too out of nowhere. But if they did give her passive invisibility that would free up room for another abilityā€¦ the throwing knives! This could give her nice burst damage but obviously not too much and keep her at her core, a hacker.

1 Like