Sombra is being revived 🌟 So We Thought

Oh no.

Chacaracaterers

1 Like

“hey sombra, what is the enemy doing?”

-IDK bro, they seem to be standing and waiting for us to attack?..

“Hey Sombra, what heroes do they have?”

-Press Tab…

9 Likes

You know what this fast paced FPS game needs? A scout! Someone who can just sort of chill in stealth and tell the team what’s up. That’ll be super powerful!

What about in combat?

Nah. Who cares about combat? I’m all in on this stealth spy direction now!

-Blizzard, probably

2 Likes

Blizz should take a look at Tf2 when it comes to Scouts, after all it influenced how OW should be, according the devs themselves.

Scout in tf2 is a potent, fast paced, get in and out of combat fast style hero. Very popular due to his speed, his lethality and ability to get into places many other classes can’t.

In OW? AFK in stealth… type… watch as others play…

2 Likes

Well, it’ll be Monday now, but maybe a weekend of outrage and some PTR stats will convince them.

1 Like

Agreed… it is really sad to watch…

She is in her graveyard saying I always been here all along. Poor Sombra.

That is what I am doing as we speak.

What I don’t understand is why give her an stealth reduction in speed when indeed you can be seen at greater distance?

Why make her go slower than Hammond, which is a tank?

I just don’t understand.

I doubt they would check the forums on the weekend. They will glance at the forums for rougly a mintue on Monday and see the first 3 posts about Hammond and conclude that everything is fine…

1 Like

I’m no Sombra main but seeing this thread after playing PTR…

8 Likes

It is really stressful.

Not sure if you’ve seen this but Geoff Goodman says they recognise the feedback against these Sombra changes and they’ll ‘keep an eye on her’ (we’ve heard that before). So there’s a chance, I guess.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/8uqyu7/seagull_talks_with_devs_goodman_mercer_kaplan_and/

2 Likes

Lie. Don’t get exited. Don’t expect anything.

As you said, they said it before.

1 Like

Hopefully this is true. I made a post that I will link in here, but one of the staff member have locked it from being edit, so maybe that is a good sign.

1 Like

So true…

It’s funny how they literally said these changes were to improve her and were aimed at THE Sombra players (said on Seagull’s stream the other day when talking to the Devs). And most of us agree overwhelmingly that this is garbage.

If the girl cannot contest objectives anymore, why ON EARTH does she need to be more easily detectable and slower?
They could’ve kept her speed.
Contesting objectives is powerful enough to force half the enemy team to give up positions.
But if they’re going to go this route, fine. Let her not contest. It wouldn’t be that annoying if she COULD contest anyway because infinite stealth isn’t infinite stealth if she gets hit by one bullet and it’s gone. You can only stall for so long. She wouldn’t be better at contesting than she already was- which was situational at best. People used her to contest because her sprint was fast, not because of her invisibility, because she’d be knocked out if it immediately otherwise.
Revert every other nerf to her stealth- the speed nerf. The radius detection doubling. It’s not needed. It’s just simply not needed if she can’t interact with an objective.

4 Likes

Improvements to Sombra2.0 Check out these changes as I think you will like them. I made it so that she won’t be able to contest, but she receive viable buffs to her stealth ability.

Funny enough even Stylosa gets it and he usually doesnt even play her.

6 Likes

That says A LOT, I mean it say so much if even Stylosa can see that these are nerfs…

3 Likes