Sombra is a blight

Every god damn game I have to face a Sombra as Tank.

IT’S SO MISERABLE!

Sombra being able to just turn off a Tank’s entire damn kit is too damn OP. The devs NEED to remove this feature. Give Tanks 100% hack immunity, I’m so sick of having this little parasite crawl up my butt every god damn team fight! I cannot play the game!

“I, the Chad Reinhardt, will walk forward and asset my dominance, clearing space for my team.”

“Oh, it would appear I’ve been hacked an- AAHAHAHAHHHHHAHHHHGHGHHGFFHFHFHFJFJFJFF.

That’s what every damn fight sounds like. Me playing the game, getting hacked, then dying in the most gruesome way possible as I lose all my protection and have nothing but a short range melee weapon to flail with my dying breathes.

16 Likes

I am unsympathetic to tanks after this patch.

Anyways Zarya is a good tank to go against her and D.Va is very good for spy-checking. :face_with_peeking_eye:

7 Likes

This is why the patch was so terminally stupid.

Sombra is made even better because she can counter these OPAF Tanks and said Tanks are expected to counter swap in an endless death spiral, or to just bend over forward and take it.

This patch didn’t fix ANYTHING that made Tanking so tedious, instead it rewarded the very same problems by making playing like a normal person harder.

Now everyone gets rewarded for being a cowardly little baby because the alternative is now impossible.

2 Likes

Doesn’t she do even worse against armor, though?

She can’t really counter them. She can disrupt them but aside from Ball and sometimes Doom, she’s not…countering anyone. No single character is.

I’m on the frontlines.

I eat bullets like it’s a god damn buffet.

Sombra sneaks up in between my team, because she has perma invis, she deactivates my EVERYTHING and I get a face full of lead and slurs.

I’d argue taking away a characters EVERY GOD DAMN ABILITY, causing them to instantly explode and die is a pretty good counter.

4 Likes

Yeah idk what to tell you, hate on Sombra idc but this sounds like it’s more of a, “your team sucks at actually helping you” problem which is bigger than Sombra

5 Likes

It’s still a Sombra issue because she has perma invis, can GTFO in any direction, and can just deactivate your Tank.

If only we had a second Tank who could block damage whilst the hacked Tank recovers their cooldowns…………………………

4 Likes

Sombra is not the Blight. I have never once seen her ram her head into the wall

1 Like

She is not perma invis
The moment she shoots or hacks or use virus, she uncloaks
Tanks are often not the high value target, because hack lasts for such a short time and supports have so many options to save the tank

She has perma invis though, until she decides to make a play. You can’t deny that, she is just permanently invisible unless someone happens to hit her, or she chooses to leave it.

That is a stupid AF ability.

5 Likes

I feel ya there and absolutely agree that she can be miserable to play against

I also agree with Andough that the issue isn’t the enemy Sombra per se, but our teams’ inability to understand what’s needed to deal with her annonying, but ultimately NOT OP kit.

I am also constantly the target of her sweet affections when playing Support and if my team cant’/won’t/don’t help their team deal with a pretty squishy dps running amok that is defo a WE problem.

PS:
I believe she will never be changed too far from what we have today. I have logged off many times to take a break after she messed my teams up too. :rofl:

She does until she makes a move and that makes her annoying, but not OP

Next Patch

Sombra

• Developer’s Comment: It was too frustrating for tanks to be hacked by Sombra.

Hack

• Can no longer be used on tanks.

Passive (additional)

• Sombra is immune to damage caused by tanks.

It’s really interesting how you can blame all the problems on a non-existent person. Can I also give you my problems? It would be really great if you could solve those for me too. XD

Joking aside, you’re really putting everything on Sombra when the real problem here is the solo tank. There’s only one tank standing like a wall between you and your victory. So, who do you apply negative effects to? The patch buffed tanks. But that also means that if the tank falls, the fight is over.

Your solution to make tanks immune to Hack is just plain stupid. Why only immune to Hack? What about Sleep? What about Ana’s grenade? What about Junkrat’s trap? If you follow this logic, the end result would be that tanks are immune to everything. Great, that’s sure to be fun for everyone else.

No, the problem isn’t about nerfing Hack, but rather buffing it. Hack needs to be more valuable against other targets. 1.5 seconds is a joke. I don’t play tanks as long as there’s only one, so this statement only applies to DPS and healers. When I get hacked, it’s like getting bitten by a mosquito. A mosquito trying to bite me through my jacket! Since Overwatch 2, I can count on one hand how many times a Hack has led to my death. Cassidy’s new grenade has killed me more often than Sombra’s Hack in the past year. Even EMP is a joke. 3 seconds? Mathematically, Sombra’s Hack already takes 3.5 seconds.

Give Hack a duration of 3.5 seconds and a cooldown of 8 seconds. Tanks are either affected for a shorter duration or generate a longer cooldown.

This way, Sombra would be buffed (and she needs it) without affecting tanks. The number of Hacks on tanks should also technically decrease since there are now other valuable targets. Currently, Hack is only good for two things: hacking objects and tanks!

Sombra is OPAF, not even for the tanks, but getting in the backline and almost one shot a healer is too crazy

TBH I find that her ability to start hacking while invis to be really stupid, and never should’ve been a change in OW2. OW1 sombra had to fully decloak first to even attempt to hack someone.

Hack is very telegraphed.

heh would love this patch, one less enemy doing damage to you would kind of be overpowered especially the frontliner

1 Like

I would be fine with that.

Leave Sombra to be my Support’s problem.

My idea is to make Tanks like +80% immune to ALL forms of CC and debuffs, but they get their health tuned down to OW1 levels. They’re still very killable, they’re easily punished if they play stupid, but they won’t get thrown around every fight by everyone with a functioning keyboard.

In OW1 she had an instant escape for compensation
People were not happy about it either