Sombra has now entered Z-Tier | RIP

Sombra is my second most players hero, but thanks to the nerfs she has gotten do I not enjoy playing her anymore.
I agree with the removal of the hack leniency, but not with the 2 second cooldown on a failed hack.

The removal of the cooldown of a failed hack and small increase of her base movement to match that of other flankers (Genji and Tracer) should be enough to make her viable. At least more viable than she currently is.

8 Likes

Doomfist got gajilion of buffs and bug fixed over the last several months. Sombra is ignored.

4 Likes

I swear every time I scroll past this the letter keeps dropping lol

-Scatter Arrow was rage inducing to opponent and inconsistent.

-Hack is rage inducing to opponent and inconsistent.

STORM HACK CONFIRMED - 6 rapid fire mini hacks that disable abilities for 2 secs.

(All jokes aside, her bugs make her kit such a gamble to do anything. Just fixing her LOS and translocater bugs would go a long way to help.)

14 Likes

Are people saying she’s broken because they can’t play her or because Everyone else is saying she’s broken…

Feel like the people that aren’t playing her are doing this because of the narrative that she’s broken…she’s honestly plays no differently…

I’m not saying she doesn’t have issues…She certainly has a few bugs…the cooldown while annoying is not really a factor unless you’re reckless with her…honestly I find her waaaaaaaaaay more effective than before with the decreased hack speed…

Her pickrate/winrate speak to a conceptual issue with her…cause it’s not like she was lighting the game up before 2.0…what was her pickrate before…4%? Even with hack she just simply isn’t as effective as other characters…partly because communication is too important with her…

I think a better visual indicator on hacked targets would help out (skull?)…but she’s simply not as effective as a tracer or maybe even genji and being the dishonor she’s supposed to be…

1 Like

Just like Sombra’s viability. :blush:

1 Like

I was waiting for that joke :smiley:

1 Like

I agree that she needs to be buffed and/or fixed, but I have a feeling that she’ll be too powerful if they buff her and this meta ends

This meta was already non existant when Sombra was buffed and other than her Hack not breaking on LoS she was no where near too powerful.

Yay I’m level 3…

8 Likes

Yeah, it just depends on how much they they would buff her

Would be fine that a hacker is a counter to my lovely robot… if he dont gets countered by other 10+ heroes…

1 Like

They actually buffed her stealth. Shes nowhere to be seen in comp.

30 Likes

Meant to say I used to be a Bastion main until his changes ruined my play style. I became a Sombra main and then she got the Bastion treatment.

1 Like

The way Blizzard treated Sombra is beyond excuse. A half-hearted buff followed by a nerf that never even went through the PTR totally trashing her again. So that was a whole lot of nothing…

It’s the Bastion rework all over again: A messed up buff followed by a messed up nerf leaving them largely the same (or worse) than before. Then forgotten for.

15 Likes

Same. I almost Onetricked Bastion untill the rework… then mained Dva… then mained Mercy… and now main Orisa or Brigitte. Hard time. This lucky evergreen DPS mains…

3 Likes

I am a Sombra main and I think the 2sec cooldown is not that bad … the line of sight nerf is worse. I have it so often that I hack someone in a team fight who is very close and than he makes a rapid move and leaves my field of view for 0.05sec and hack is interrupted.
If I could pick buffs I would reverse that … otherwise I would reduce her reload speed and the time she needs to go in and out of stealth by half. An other interesting idea would be not to decloak her when she is hit … just let her half decloak for 1sec so enemys know she is there and they have to seek her.

5 Likes

Yeah the 2s isn’t that bad, (but most of the time it is to be honest)… it just makes things feel worse/clunky when you’re already being denied a Hack because of the LoS issues then you also need to worry about the 2s cooldown since people already know they just need to deal 1 damage to basically take away that ability.

2 Likes

For sure. It made landing hacks a guessing game. I compare it to if Tracer’s blinks had a 1 in 4 chance to randomly fail without explanation. It’s that game breaking.

You can’t play a hero that’s not reliable.

2 Likes

Using the “Pros” as a guide stick is half the problem … they usually have thousands of hours on a few characters, need to see them do well to maintain their extra income, and literally sh*t on every new character that changes the game until said new character is crap, with the possible exception of Moira (and now to an extent Brigette) where they are starting to realize that. The “Pros” will always cry foul at almost an change which shakes things up, balanced or not. Sombra, although I don’t play her much is definitely one of my favorite “characters”. She can be very effective, but she is not a low skill character, she takes time to get good with. i’ve been in a few matches where I was cursing a good Sombra because she was always lurking right there and hacking when I most needed to use an ULT or an ability; that’s the way Sombra should be. It’s a lot like Mei; you know those ice walls are buying time for your team and often winning a match by keeping the enemy off balance, but good luck on getting recognized for it or having any numbers reflect the impact outside of win rate.

9 Likes