Sombra has now entered Z-Tier | RIP

The hero that was supposed to be reworked/buffed to be overall more strong and more viable, now has the lowest Pickrate & the lowest Winrate out of every hero on the roster, something is definitely wrong.

Overall Pickrate: 0.52% - Lowest of ALL heroes.
Overall Winrate: 44.49% - Lowest of ALL heroes.

Sombra already wasn’t a game changing must pick hero that brought tons of wins when her Buffs went through, and just because people got mad in the first 2 weeks of actually having to deal with Sombra as a viable threat, they basically put Sombra back in F-Tier because of it, her Pickrates dropped like crazy as soon as her Hack nerfs went through, the 2s Cooldown nerf on top of the ridiculously strong LoS changes that cause Sombra’s hack to break on almost anything make it nearly impossible to hack someone during a teamfight when it was really needed.

And now that Brigitte is here, we’ve not only had to deal with the main aspect of Sombra’s kit “Hack” not being reliable once again, but now her gun might as well be called a watergun again since trying to shoot through all the Armor Brigitte has/supplies with Sombra’s weapon is not the best idea, it also makes hacking someone in a gunfight pointless, you hack someone and you have to try and get through all the extra overhealed Armor that they have just to get to their actual gray health, and by the time you get close killing them Brigitte just throws more Armor at them and boom they’re no longer hacked and have the upper hand to deal more damage or escape in seconds, even Zenyatta is ridiculously strong when he has Armor and trying to kill him brings you 1 foot in the grave.

I understand that Sombra might not be the perfect choice for this meta, but since her release she has literally only been viable for about two weeks when she was buffed, she was an actual threat to Tracer, but then she was nerfed which made people not wanna bother with her once again, and now Brigitte is here and she really put Sombra back in the grave. I just don’t think it’s fair that a hero who was always High Skill Low Reward for over a year gets buffed for 2 Weeks, then nerfed right away because she was unfun to play against, and now a new hero who is at the top of the list for Low Skill High Reward brings her down to F-Tier EVEN more, and is even more unfun to play agaist rather than Sombra when she got buffed, so now Sombra is in the grave because of it and Brigitte is somehow praised… Wow.

What ever happened to this, Blizzard?

174 Likes

I don’t think Sombra was that good after her buff either. Her pick rate increased right after the buff since people wanted to try her, but her win rate never changed and the pick rate was dropping before the nerfs came.

44 Likes

I liked your original thread title better, it’s less hysterical.

8 Likes

At this point your stage looks something like this:

People that agree on the left.
People that disagree on the right.

Blizzard never showed up.

7 Likes

I changed it, again. I think this suits the tone.

1 Like

Better, thank you for taking my feedback and replying

Blizzard please help Sombra, give us a sign

12 Likes

I would love to get a response from one of the overwatch staff on if they are still working on balancing Sombra or if they gave up on her and moved on.

12 Likes

Last month Jeff said they weren’t happy with Sombra and Doomfist in an interview.

3 Likes

After Sombra got buffed, she’s the lowest pick in the entire game. Nice buff she got there.

41 Likes

I don’t think that Jeff is happy with Bastion ether and they are not doing anything about it. Honestly, I think they should skip releasing the next hero and focus on fixing the heroes they have.

20 Likes

Yup, I’ve been saying this since Doomfist was released.

3 Likes

Changes I’d like to see

Self healing from hacked health packs gives ult charge.

Taking damage whilst invis will only reveal her(How it does with sonic arrow and infrasight) she will keep the speed benefits.

Cancel reload with hack

Optional suggestion: Hack now disables players HUD for duration

19 Likes

Bumping for visibility! There’s nothing here I haven’t been saying since the nerfs! Only wanna say that if people hated being hacked, then shooting Sombra was ALL THEY HAD TO DO. She doesn’t have to go on 2sec cooldown so Tracer can melt her.

7 Likes

I feel like Sombra is a huge mistake in Blizzard’s eyes since she apparently is impossible to balance. Buff her and everyone (including the pros) goes insane since getting hacked is apparently worse than dying or let her rot in her troll state. I love Sombra and her kit but something has to happen at one point and I think it will be a rework of at least one of her abilities, if not more.

19 Likes

This right here is what makes me mad, Sombra doesn’t deserve to be thrown in the trash like this again, Sombra’s buffs didn’t even maker her that viable for the 2 weeks she had them, but it was better than what we have now.

Blizzard needs to fix Sombra.

29 Likes

Look at pickrate…

*crys in Bastions 0,55% pickrate *

8 Likes

New buff idea … give hack a 10% chance to start the default emote. Just wanna hack a Reaper and kill him while he is doing his sarcastic clap.

11 Likes

Sombra is actually last right now. Even worse than Bastion
h ttps://imgur.com/a/b5r2my3

5 Likes

Worst pickrate AND winrate actually.

3 Likes

Blizzard, Sombra needs help

We can’t wait any longer

5 Likes