Sombra got screwed by contenders part 2

Sombra is really good in the right hands. Unfortunately, she’s not that easy to play because she requires a lot of game sense and map knowledge as well as team coordination.

“Good in the right hands” literally means played below your level on any other hero.

She doesn’t need coordination, she needs choreography. Pre-planned and executed strategy. Comms would show viability higher on the ladder where it’s a given, but she needs more than that.

8 Likes

Sombra is okay’ish in the right hands with the right team. Overall even in GM she is not picked.

2 Likes

Because even in GM there’s not that much coordination going on.

Its gives me a headache every time i try to make EMP work effectively with the team. “Okay team lets do EMP/shatter. 3, 2, 1 and go”
I EMP, my Rein doesnt shatter for some reason. Despite hitting all 6 enemies we are making trades on both sides. Our Ana tries to save it by using nano on me. I didnt expect that, the enemy Rein charges me out of the fight. We lose the team fight.
“Rein why didnt you shatter?”
“I tought we already won the teamfight.”
<.<

2 Likes

I’ve used tire multiple times with EMP to great effect. “Quadruple kill!”

I’ve seen many contradicting arguments when it comes to Sombra and why she shouldn’t receive buffs. And a whole lot of bias. I think people genuinely don’t want her to be good.

7 Likes

Sadly, rip tire isnt that great in plat anymore. Most people can shoot it unless it comes from a really unpredictable off angle.

Coming from above is really good. Also depends on the situation. If they only have one person that can reliably kill it, like Hanzo, and he dies just before you use it, it’s pretty much guaranteed.

1 Like

That’s what I mean, it’s practised choreographed strategies. It goes beyond communication, and then people thinking for themselves, but actually just getting on and doing what was tested and practised perhaps hundreds of times before to get positioning and timing absolutely perfect.

1 Like

The plural of anecdote is not data.

I wouldnt be surprised if they nerf her hack duration to compensate. But she still needs buffs all around. Regardless, shes still an emp bot. Outside of it, shes practically useless.

Which hero doesn’t? answer us this?

1 Like

Doesnt make much sense to nerf hack again when shes only used for EMP, does it?

1 Like

I actually really like where sombra is at rn.

I think her pick rate and winrate is so low mostly because people just don’t want to learn something new and play as or with her when it’s easier to just lazily keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Like, her utility just needs to be seen. Why does ither utility have obviously signs but not her?

Frozzen , disc orb, red through walls…

Sugar skull is already in game… WTF why can’t that be for all targets?

1 Like

Sombra is not a new hero.

3 Likes

But people just haven’t figured out how to play her yet!

6 Likes

I get that but this whole thing with Blizzard on what Sombra’s role actually is doesnt make sense either. We dont want her to be reliant on EMP but she still is tho? Sombra’s gameplay as of now is to farm emp as fast as you can lol.

They need to streamline her role. The main thing to take away here is why have a Sombra on your team when any other dps hero does a better job.

Just for research what kind of buffs are you guys seeking?