Sombra got nerfed

You people need to stop basing your balance interpretations on overbuff. They’re useful statistics but win rates and pick rates don’t entirely relate to a heros strength. Sombra is all game sense. The general community has terrible game sense. Sombra is OP in the right hands but those hands are rare. Same thing with symettra and wrecking ball.

Except she has a bad winrate in gm and a bad game winrate in owl…

Yeah, that’s it for me lol. The game’s not fun anymore in my eyes, and I have no faith in the balance team.

1 Like

They nerfed her for the sake of OWL. People were saying OWL had no effect on regular OW. Doesn’t seem to be true.

The net nerf with 0 buffs to sombra is all the proof one needs that this game is now all about owl. Thank you very much, hope this game rots in cyberspace in the near future

5 Likes

This nerf is alot bigger then they make it out to be…

1 Like

Ran out of likes so :heart:

My guess is they nerfed the recovery, not the actually cast time.

It seems like they actually left the recovery at 0.5 and nerfed the casttime.

In my post I have a clip of doing the exact same timer on normal hack and the times are almost identical so its pretty much confirmed. You can also clearly feel the delay if you look for it ingame

This increased cast time on her ult might be acceptable to allow for slightly more counterplay, but her reduced hack time is entirely unnacceptable, even more so without compensating buffs. This will make Sombra arguably the worst hero in the game

Her EMP cast time is .18 seconds. The average human reaction time, not including latency introduced by the machine, is 0.25 seconds for a visual stimulus and 0.17 seconds for an auditory stimulus.

Best of luck.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH, this is a joke right?

The most broken hero in organized play that replaced D.VA is underpowered? Laughable.

It got nerfed now and is at 0.65s that (considering the currend programmed is 0.2s) a 325% increase in casttime. Which is most cases still needs to be combind with an ability with addes further time to react.

The fact that they buffed Tracer in the very same patch speaks volumes. They don’t care about unpopular heroes, its all about owl and spectacle over actual substance. Who cares if the game feels awful to play if its still fun to watch?

1 Like

It won’t be fun to watch for me as long as they keep pushing the specating experience into first person and “look at the carry” narrative where you can’t see anything.

Sadly for every 1 disgruntled player theres 20 brainless twitchdrones out there throwing money at OW streamers and OWL itself. The majority of people who watch esports never play the games themselves.

Blizzard knows this and to be honest its a smart business decision on their part. They designed this game to be the next big esport, nothing more.

Under the right hands to guide it, she was OP.
In your casual ladder, she was UP.

I for one am just happy this extremely long silence finally has it’s duration reduced, think this was the wrong way to go, I myself would have made her hack effect end when she translocates or dies so it had a better degree of counterplay since it would almost certainly kill you if you got hacked even if you won the 1v1 with sombra, which i found incredibly frustrating.

But just coz I dislike how she works in the game and how frustrating she is, I’m glad to see shes being kicked down. Not because of her power level, but just because shes a drain on the game for me as a tank player. Stay dead, Sombra.

1 Like

if enough trashcan players play her, which they do, yeah her winrate is gonna suffer.

she has one of the free-ist kits in the game for accomplishing something with low skill abilities. don’t worry im sure they will nerf her op hacking next

Because she’s overpowered at high ranks, a killer of all things fun at lower ranks, and a general horrendous failure of game design.

You can have a hero with stealth and escape mechanics. You can have a hero who disables and denies abilities. Putting those two together was immensely stupid, since the normal counterplay to a disable hero would be play around Los and posiotining, which the rest of sombras kit let’s her bypass.

1 Like

ive barely even felt these nerfs. the cast time, while increased, still feels pretty fast since no one really reacts to it, and the 5 second duration is just there, i guess.

the nerfs dont feel like much to me, but either way she still needs buffs.