I hid everything so it looks smaller and for the better Overview
About me as a Sombra main
I am a Plat yes only Plat Sombra main I never really cared about Ranking but I still play her in QP like I would in Comp (I know not the same but I do play her in Comp to I just don’t play Comp all too often because of Job and Stress reasons) but I play her since launch and didn’t really played other heroes that often so I would guess I’m a pretty ok Sombra.
Current PTR Sombra
I’m sure everybody knows the Sombra Changes by know but here they are again:
So most Sombra main (me included) think this is overall a nerf even tho its better with the buffs they added recently.
There are a lot of Reasons here just a few of them:
1. The +50% speed boost instead of +75% is actually a big deal because most gap jumps aren’t possible anymore:
Good video showing that of “hacked” thank you. You are Awesome!
2. Destroyable Translocator (5HP) means every so slightly Dva pellet (or any Shotgun Heroe) can destroy it from miles away even unintentional (Turrets focus it to)
3. Unlimited Stealth and Translocator are useless for good Sombra players because we don’t have a problem of managing our time. Most of us rarely run out of Stealth or Translocator time before we are where we wanted or did what we wanted.
Yes, there are actually a few things (some pretty obvious):
1. The Unlimited Stealth and Translocator allows new Players to play and enjoy Sombra more because it lowers the Skill ceiling (hopefully we won’t see all too many just sitting in Stealth waiting for this one low Mercy basically making the game 5v6)
2. Destroyable Translocator (by Sombra here self) just very useful if you have thrown your Translocator into enemies by accent you can now Destroy it by Pressing F (pretty obvious I know xD)
3. Hack stops Sombras Reload.
Just the opinion from some Overwatch YouTubers and Sombra Pros
Unit Lost (Stylosa):
Your Overwatch (ft: Danteh):
Overwatch Central (ft: Fitzyhere):
So here what I would do:
Reverse the PTR Changes maybe keep the reloading canceling and Translocator Destroying (only by Sombra)
Make hacked targets more visible for the team
Add a threshold to Hack and Stealth around 30 dmg before Break
Everything that I found in this Post that a lot of People agreed is listed here:
Callout to the Overwatch Dev team!
So I’m going to speak directly to the Dev team now I hope you’re reading this:
Hey Dev Team
There is a lot to thank you. For this Game and all the Updates we received so far and a whole lot more! But right now we as the Community (mostly the Sombra main part of it xD) have a Problem because Sombra is getting nerfed for the good players out there who took there time and learned Sombra and to keep that from happening we will raise our Voices… or Keyboards (as you probably noticed in the Forums xD). So right now I’m suggesting a Change to how you use the PTR! We do NOT care how long it takes for you to fix here as long it is something we all (or the most of us) can agree that we will enjoy! I know that’s hard because Sombra is an extremely hard Hero to balance between Fun to play and Fun to play against and that’s why I’m saying take your time. Let here stay on the PTR for 2-3 months or more! Open a new official thread to leave Suggestions and answer questions about, tell us what your thinking and maybe answer a Suggestion with but what about this or that and then someone will answer again let’s have a Discussion sometimes on that official thread and test a few of the Suggestions. We Sombra many will happily go on the PTR and we will leave our Feedback and others will probably too.
I know it a lot I’m asking you. You have work to do and Sombra isn’t your only problem but it may help you in the Future on other heroes be opener about changes and why you do them maybe answer a few more Questions from time to time but in the End it’s your game and I trust you to do the best for the player base even if we are all small ******* sometimes .
Thank to everybody who read my post leave your suggestions and your opinions. Let us all: