PTR Sombra: Why we think she's bad EXPLAINED

So, regarding Geoff’s recent announcement regarding PTR changes:

The new changes are good on their own. They just need to revert the original PTR changes and fix some bugs and we’ll have a near perfect Sombra. Our voices ARE doing something. We can’t back down!

1 Like

Just writing a whole post about it xD

Oh I love you man!
That’s great news. Today is a wonderful day to be a Sombra main.
So does that mean they are gonna revert or just adjust?
(I’m at work so I cannot look myself)

1 Like

They are adjusting it:

1 Like

The announced changes are built on top of the current PTR Sombra:

• Detection radius is reverted to 2 meters
  • Translocator can be destroyed without looking at it, teleporter takes priority if you stand in one
  • Translocator is pretty much quiet enough that you need to be next to it to hear it
  • EMP disables Hammond’s ultimate for 10 seconds
  • You can interupt reload with hacking

Geoff says, though, she’s unlikely to get stealth contesting or 75% speedboost back though, so fundimentally we face many of the same issues

1 Like

Well… I was overhyped it seems. These changes are nice but still benefit more the less skilled players.
The infinite just feels so awful… Even back then I was often canceling stealth manually.

I don’t think we will be able to do more about it.
But at least something. We will for sure find a way how to remain agressive in battle

1 Like

I’d hope we could at least keep live stealth. Translocator I can take or leave it. The hack reload cancelling is a step to making Sombra more aggressive but the cloak makes her passive still, so there’s still some fundimental issues. I’ll update OP once I see the patch drop on PTR

1 Like

Yes live stealth is great.
I can accept destroyable trans even that it brings a tear in my eye as it lower the uses for it. Canceling is nice though… was hoping for that like an year ago…

But the stealth is just feeling awful. Taking away mobility and making sure new players will be even less effective.
I’m afraid we cannot do more about it. Big boss likes the new Sombra so we should be grateful for these small adjustments

1 Like

Nah I’m still going to rally against what I feel is a net nerf. This isn’t enough on top of the hand we were dealt to make me want to continue playing her.

1 Like

Yes you are right.
I bet she will be played even less after few weeks and I will eat my hat if these changes won’t lower her winrare as well. I mean… More people being idle and much more playing as an assassin…
I say it’s gonna drop for 10%

I’m going to be bold. Her pickrates will drop to 50% of that they are on live currently (0.46% across all ranks, 0.22% in GM as of writing).

But hey… one great thing about it. She will be finally only ours. Only real dedicated Sombra mains will still keep playing her.
But I will be forced to turn off the voice chat again I guess. Once again we will be considered trolls and reported before the game even starts

True rip LFG for Sombra players i guess (I really liked it had a few awesome games)

I’ve opened up a new thread regarding these changes, before I edit the OP here:

Goodbye Sombra. It was nice knowing you…

Really… devs already destroyed all heroes I liked.
(First Junkrat and canceling of his self damage and then giving him second mine, also Ana and now my most belowed Sombra…)
They are making the game more and more easy and heroes less and less chalenging…

1 Like

I’m still going to relentlessly post my objections until we, the players, get some direct acknowledgement that they understand we feel these changes take her in completely the wrong direction. I’m not going to back down.

And if my voice isn’t heard here, and she makes it to live in this state, I’ll vote with my pickrates.

2 Likes

Maybe when they realize this did not boost her into top tep heroes and she will never be the most played hero they will give her back to us.

Raped but back home

Sombra Buff/Nerf everything-talk (Long Post) Calling out to the Dev's made my one post its pretty long tho :sweat_smile:

Wait, is the teleporters hitbox the same as the big one that keeps doing this?

1 Like

yes exactly. the new lunar horizon has some nasty spots aswell. its so annoying to have to leave a 2m radius margin for your teleporter to throw it.
BUT MUH INFINITE STEALTH. BUT MUH INFINITE TELPORTER.

God damnit fix her!!