Sombra balance idea

I meant hack, but I understand why you wouldn’t want that change. Being a tank player, it is rather frustrating to be hacked, but my main complaint is the duration. Maybe 2 seconds is too short but 6 feels like an eternity on my end.

2 second duration hack. Whats the point? Most Sombras already struggle to get follow up by her teammates on 6 seconds. Once you explained over voice who is hacked and where he is the hack has already worn off.

To make matters worse, you buff the hell out of her gun which means you would be throwing if you decide to hack someone instead of shooting, since killing them is way more effective.
She would be just played as a budget Tracer with invisibility.

But what do you need a budget Tracer for when you could just play the real one?

1 Like

Sombra is 2016 Roadhog where both have 1 every good ability that cause them into a must pick in pros team but the others part of their kit just horrible that make them into a state that no one know how to balance them.
The best way to balance Sombra is to nerf EMP but buff other parts of her kits, but this would also mean it would be Symmetra situation again where a hero reworked into a new character

Meh, I like the change overall, but 2 seconds… Feels like a waste of ability, that is not that easy to land. What about EMP? Is it the same as hack 2 seconds? What’s the point of that then?

I suppose you can call it that, but even so his healing and speed boost comes from his ability Cross Fade, in which Sombra’s Hack now effects.

No, I intended for EMP to retain the original duration. I only intended to nerf hack outside of her ult. But maybe 2 seconds is a bit harsh. 6 seconds just feels too long.

Maybe if hack was more noticeable, like with sugar skulls over the target, then something like a 3 second hack would work. But not in EMP. EMP is an ultimate. It needs to retain its power.

Also, just to reiterate, the only way I’d be ok nerfing hack is if other aspects of her kit got buffs that not only compensated for the loss but made her stronger overall.

That’s a valid point.

No kidding, which is part of the hack problem. There was no legitimate reason to shut down all aspects of crossfade. It is unique, designed solely for Lucio, and the behavior which it should express while hacked was already there prior to the hack change (the ability to swap between passive auras).

By taking the arbitrary step of taking away the passive aura, you have arbitrarily created an inconsistent skill which shuts one character down from performing their primary role while not only letting others perform their primary role, but those who have passive self healing that IS activated by an event (x period of time without being hit) even get to keep THAT, yet Lucio, who is the only one among them whose passive is a true passive (spawns with it running, and can go an entire round without ever acting or triggering) gets singled out to have it shut down.

That is just part of the BS bowl of programming ramen noodles that is hack.

oh, well it looks like your mind is made up and there is no exceptions. I personally think the relation/ interaction between the two is fine.

Before the changes, hacking a Lucio was near useless.

Of course you do, you have the massive advantage. Why wouldn’t you?

1 Like

I wouldn’t go as far to say I have a massive advantage, but in that interaction Sombra does have the advantage.

Sombra main here. I never want to see a damage buff in tradeoff for her kit, or a damage buff at all. If I wanted to play a high damage flanker I’d take Tracer.

It is massive, and the funny thing is, what changed in the hack changes that switched the dynamic wasnt the change to crossfade, it was the removal of wall riding.

Before the change getting hacked just meant hopping the nearest wall and laughing until it ended.

I make the decision in spawn every day.

Do I want to Hack someone, or do I want to kill them. Most of the time I pick kill. So most of the time I don’t pick Sombra.

Shifting power from Hack to Damage just makes that decision even easier, even after I picked her.

What then would be the point in Hack?

No one picked Sombra to counter Lucio, and no one asked someone to pick Sombra to counter Lucio.

However the individual odds are stacked up are irrelevant. She’s not coming after you.

You’re basically removing hack for buffs… When there’s no decent hack targets but I want keep the play style, I switch to Soldier/Reaper/Tracer.

This basically turns Sombra into Soldier. Just remove healing/helix and add invis.

It wasn’t just Wallride though. Its was both. I am fine if they teak Lucio to make him less vulnerable , but even when a Lucio is hacked on either of the song, it provided such utility to himself and the team.

Long story short, Crossfade is an ability, and Hack disable abilities.

2 Likes

Doesnt change the fact that the application of hack is inappropriate, inconsistent, and needs to change. Shutting down the primary role of only one member of a class is bad design

The point being that it is consistent.

It shuts down activated abilities. Cross fade is an activated ability.

Does it shut down his primary fire? No. There you go.

2 Likes

No, it isnt, at all, it is arbitrary, as there is no such thing as an active passive, that is an arbitrary definition given to a unique set of abilities that only belongs to Lucio. The crossfade component is the only active component, which is all that should be disabled.

Mercy and Zen self healing is more active than Lucio’s auras, which are the very dictionary definition of a passive. You spawn with it on and can go an entire game with it on without ever doing anything to activate it. There is nothing more passive than that.

Furthermore, you say that a hacked Lucio with an active aura provided his aura to his team…YES…HE DOES, just like Inspire, just like heals on every other healer in the game.