Sombra balance idea

So what I’m gathering is that you’re biased.

The only support that gets effective the most is LUCIO, but other than that, pretty much all the supports can still preform his or her job enough to last through the duration of Hack, where as if it was anyone else who has a Stun and not a silencers, the support would have been good as dead.

2 Likes

But he counters my favorite hero REEEEEEEE

Even with her, he’s still:

1. Meta
  2. Higher pickrate
  3. Higher winrate in most ranks (sub GM)

Sooooo nah. He’s fine. lol.

2 Likes

Everyone giving their opinion is biased, that is the idea behind giving an opinion, to unveil your bias.

This isn’t news story journalism shi h should generally be bias free, even if it often fails, this is a forum, where bias isnt necessarily a negative.

When you’re asking for a hero to be fundamentally changed because you don’t like it - it’s a bit negative. :wink:

1 Like

That was my point exactly. No skill should prevent one member of a class from performing their primary function and none of the others. That is the exact definition of arbitrary and inconsistent.

I agree. :wink:

1 Like

If it were just me, portraying me as crazy would be effective and valid, however hack is nearly universally despised by everyone but Sombra mains.

Definitely not universally hated. :man_shrugging: That’s an exaggeration lol.

That applies to:

1. Genji
  2. Moira
  3. Mei
  4. Junkrat
  5. D.Va

Basically, any hero is despised besides their main lmao. I know you dislike her, and you can have that opinion, but she is not universally hated. That’s an exaggeration.

I dislike a lot of heroes on the roster but rather than wanting the “unfun” mechanic to be altered, I’d rather learn to work around it, or wait until something is introduced to counter it.

Altering a hero because “unfun” is not a good argument and I will not agree with that.

The thing though, and I might be biased for this.

That is not a concerning for Sombra, it the flaw in design when making Lucio, as they tied his healing/ speed aura behind a passive active ability, rather than his primary weapon.

I am honestly fine with the interaction between Lucio and Sombra to say the very least, as a Sombra Main, there are targets that are a little bit more important to hack, as yes he is one of top prioritizes since he is an support who utilize in utilities via through abilities, but as of right now, even if you hack a Lucio, he is not a GUARANTEE FREE KILL as people make it out to be.

When I play support, and someone on my team goes Lucio and the enemy team has a Sombra, I usually let them know that the Sombra will be harassing you, therefore, still within my LoS so I can not only look out after you to at least prevent Sombra from hacking you via through one damage to put her ability on cooldown and have her restart, but also just in case if myself or any other teammate can not simply prevent her from hacking you, then just know that I will top you off with consistency of healing during the duration.

2 Likes

How about no.

Hey, I know you might not like that idea. But it’s pretty cool that OP wants to open a discussion and literally invited people that they know play Sombra to discuss it, and are approaching it with an open mind.

So while the idea might not be something you like, it’s cool to explain why you don’t like it since OP is pretty receptive! I’m not a fan of that idea, too. :wink:

2 Likes

THIS

1 Like

Because why would you use Sombra instead of a hero like Tracer.

as a hammond main im shocked you would think not

…I mean, explain that. Like, tell us why. lol.

It’s cool to be nice about it and actually discuss it.

People aren’t normally this open to discussion and open-minded. Take advantage of it, man. Have a good conversation and share your views :smiley:

2 Likes

There would be nothing significant Sombra could provide over another DPS. Hack wouldn’t be worth losing the survivability of Genji nor the range of Mccree or Soldier. It just removes any reason to pick her.

1 Like

That’s totally cool! I actually agree with that. Though, I’m waiting for clarification if “silence” in the suggestion means hack or stealth. O_o

If it’s stealth…shoot, I’d take it lol.

No, they made a SPECIAL RULE for Lucio, there is no such thing as a “passive active”, it is an arbitrary special rule.

2 might be a bit harsh. I was thinking that a typical stun duration was 1 second. But sleep dart lasts longer.

You make a good point about making her too much like Tracer. My intention was to try and make hack feel not quite as bad to be on the receiving end without making Sombra weaker overall. She needs a buff if anything, but I can see hack becoming an issue if she were generally meta.

Maybe my idea misses the mark, but that was my thought process.