Sombars hack shouldn't hack through walls

I like Sombra, because she is still kinda supportish, you have the abilities to tilt the fights in your teams favour.

She is a lot like Mei in that sense, which is why a lot of Sombra players are ALSO Mei players. It isn’t just some people love cancer heroes - there is a reason outside of that.

There is a large crossover in the skillsets.

But yes, some Tracer play would make me a better Sombra, that is for sure.

It could be likes roadhogs hook, not the same obvs but if mastered can be pretty devasting.

if sombras hack didn’t last 6 seconds and let me break the hack by breaking the LoS like before then it’s balanced

1 Like

I mean, it does break on LoS and also breaks when you press any of your mobility buttons.

Are you playing on another continent’s servers though a connection pieced together with tin cans and string?

These are all reasons why hack can go trough walls:
Sombra Hack LoS Workshop tests
Im guessing that a little part of your hitbox still was in LoS which allowed hack to go through. Similar to Lucio in 2:30 in to Video this is more a problem with the Hitboxes then with Hack tho.

For your second clip Im pretty sure that was perspective you where close to the wall which increases the effect of prespective alot as you can also see in my clip.

So all these people stating that the hack will go through as long as you have line of sight of any part of the opponents hitbox - are you just trying to explain how it works or are you defending the fact that as long as sombra still sees the tip or your finger you will still get hacked? If you’re thinking about how this effects counterplay to her hack it becomes pretty apparent that it is unfair and unintuitive. Trying to fully break LoS with every inch of your hitbox in the span of 0.65s cast time is near impossible unless you have an ability like wraith form, recall or translocator that instantly makes you invunerable or teleport you. I feel like most of you ride on the LoS thing so hard you forget to think about if the way it works is fair.

Well if I can still see your toes, I can still shoot them (and will do so under the payload regularly). What are you asking for here? That LOS not really be LOS for Hack, but actually less than LOS? LOS to centre body mass? Face?

How about lag being an issue?

something along those lines, as long as the cast time, duration of hack and cooldowns are what they are rn. and as i see it theres a giant difference between shooting something sticking out of cover with precise aiming and a lock on ability keeping contact in the same case. i’m pretty sure tac visor will not hit your toes sticking out and that ability is supposed to be an aimbot.

I don’t mind if hack gets changed as long as you can balance the changes so she gets an average win rate.

That should sound reasonable yes?

So how would you change hack in a way to achieve that?

stats don’t mean anything lol. doomfist was literally one of the least played heroes with one of the worst winrates and got hard nerfed despite fixing any of his bugs.

sombra doesn’t need any compensation for any nerfs. shes busted as is