Sombars hack shouldn't hack through walls

breaking line of sight should stop her hack. she should not be able to hack through walls. it’s a busted ability.

when sombra got her big hack buffs they added a nerf where if you were to hack someone and you break the LoS it would stop her hack right away. Not anymore apparently. It was never in the patch notes that they buffed her hack LoS (not that im aware of). it’s way too lenient for such a over powered ability that requires literally zero effort to pull off.

and if you’re going to make a counter argument (i can care less as i wont waste my time reading forum comments)

dont bring up overbuff stats, winrate or playrate.

this is mainly for devs to see if they were to pass by as feed back

4 Likes

She doesn’t.

35 Likes

yes its need to be a skill shot aswell, some sombra hacked me while looking at the ground in 1 game.

“I’m going to make a bogus claim that hack goes through well when it factually doesn’t. If you’re going to say otherwise, I can care less”

:roll_eyes:

What you are experiencing is probably serious latency. And that is a probably. It factually doesn’t go through corners on the current iteration of Overwatch that is live.

23 Likes

Good - she can’t. The most minor thing breaks hack. No it hasn’t changed.

Go test it in the training room.

Someone may have selected Forums Sombra rather than Regular Sombra, in which case, fair enough, she can do that.

12 Likes

She’d be pretty broken if she could hack through walls. These forums would be unreadable.

It doesn’t. what it does do is abide by the favor the shooter mechanic that most abilities adhear too. Basically, on their screen you haven’t turned the corner yet.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Widow and Hanzo shoot through walls too. Totally not a latency thing. Sombra’s just fitting in with the wall hacks.

4 Likes

Nono, “Sombar” is the one hacking through walls. Sombra is fine. :slight_smile:

Even though they LITERALLY took that out in a patch note and it hasn’t returned since :sob:

6 Likes

You’re right, how could I have misread that? Thank goodness they’re complaining about that useless sombar character instead of sombra.

2 Likes

This Sombar sounds brutally OP. Hopefully she never goes live.

4 Likes

Sombar is related to Sombra. A top tier banker and accountant, Sombar can use her money to buy cool abilities and trinkets. Think old school torb collecting scrap, but with fat stacks of paper.

1 Like

Yeah, this Sombars hero guy sounds OP!
Sombra should be jealous, she can’t hack through walls! :’(

4 Likes

to be fair, hack is kinda weird.
ive hacked some people after slightly losing los.
same can happen with moira

She cant hack through walls. As long as she has LoS she keeps hacking.

The reason people get confused is that her hack line visuals can clip through walls because they always lock to the center of your hitbox. But just because the center is covered doesnt mean your entire hitbox is covered.

If part of your shoulder is still peaking around the corner, that counts as having LoS.

2 Likes

Her los rules are perfect there are 4 major thing that make it seem like it goes through walls

• perspective
  • latancy
  • fts
  • Hitboxes

Here is a post I made with Workshop tests for more details:

Some hitboxes are bigger then the models which leads to hacks going though even if the model is fully covered but thats very rare and a problem with the hitboxes not hack

2 Likes

Well she does not “hack through” walls any more than people shoting behind corners, it all comes down to the “favor the shooter” mechanic in the game to allow low spec people to play the game on “fair” terms. 128-tick servers would make a huge difference and playing on lan servers there would be no such thing as shooting through walls, or at least less of it, blizzards hit boxes are notoriously bad as well.

Get a ping less that 100 and then post again about the subject.

This was previously an issue around season 1 of OWL and it was resolved. Currently she doesn’t hack behind walls unless a proportion of you is still showing despite the camera already being behind the corner

So you come here to complain about something which, suprise, isn’t actually a thing. Then say you won’t even bother reading comments proving you’re wrong. Yup, checks out.