Sombars hack shouldn't hack through walls

NEW HERO: SOMBAR

ABILITIES
Primary fire: Shot gun
Sombar uses a pump-action shotgun to blast enemies with shots of tequila.

Ability 1: Punch Drunk
Sombar strikes enemies with her moonshine-soaked fists, inflicting an intoxication status that causes her opponents to stagger in randomized patterns.

Ability 2: On The House
Sombar deploys an alcoholic beverage to all enemies within a 15m-radius AOE, inflicting them with dizziness and double vision that makes it appear that hack goes through walls.

Ultimate: Last Call
Sombar closes and locks all entryways granting access to the point.

1 Like

Imagine having 300 ping and complaining about “hack going through walls”

Can’t relate

1 Like

You’re just begging to be constantly hacked then. If it’s a “skill shot” then it will be uncounterable, is that really what you want?

300? I stop playing if it gets over 70, typically it’s 30-40 for me.

Mine is like around 60. I was guessing the OP had 300, heheh.

Yeah, that’s what some people don’t understand… Literally every ability goes through walls occasionally due to latency. It has nothing to do with design or balance.

1 Like

How do I get to the forum heroes select screen? Please help. I want to rank up.

1 Like

Sombra’s hack absolutely goes through walls as it stands. It, in theory is a LOS, however there is a small falloff in favor of the shooter (Sombra), just like Sym’s old beam. Mercy’s beams and Lucio’s ult work similarly, however those are nowhere near as devastating and upsetting as a low cooldown, zero aim spammable ability which removes your whole kit.

Hack should have solely direct LOS, and should be a skill shot, at the very least, if Sombra is going to exist as she does.

Ask around, I hear they are played a lot, so it can’t be all that hard :slight_smile:

No they don’t work the same as Sombra’s, AND they don’t work the same as each other either.

With mercy beam doesn’t disconnect for 1.4(?) seconds. You can be teled across the map, and still maintain connection (which was funny with old Sym tele)

Lucio’s ult does LOS checks after a few moments after it is first activated, or when you hit the floor (whichever is last). So, you can hit the floor quickly by doing it on a ramp up, and THEN get into LOS for the effect to kick off.

Sombra is LOS for the entire time, the moment it is out of the large hit circle the hack attempt is lost.

You can test these in the training room.

These two are/were supposed to go around corners for a certain amount of time, so it’s not the same. Hack only has direct LOS. If it appears that you get hacked behind a wall, it was usually a matter of latency/favor the shooter and you would’ve gotten killed if it was a one-shot from any other hero instead.

You’re asking hack to become more oppressive for the upper half of the playerbase and be even less useful for the lower half of the playerbase. Hack is very restrictive to use around people who are aware of their surroundings (and can aim). Making it a skill shot would remove this issue for Sombra.

Do I need to link my vod of her hacking me through a wall? It disgusts me you have 18 likes on the lies you’ve been spreading about sombra all day

Good thing that she doesn’t

4:40 time stamp, I break los, hack literally is through the wall, stay off the forums while you are in a lying mood

I’ve slowed it down, I’m not seeing the LOS loss. At 1/4 speed you can see the hack was in view the entire time.

What? I slowed it down to .25 and can literally see the hack beam coming through the wall

The hack beam isn’t the thing you look at, his hitbox is in view. Hell, the centre of his hit box is in view the entire time. The hack beams are dicey as hell - like McCree ult the UI doesn’t represent the mechanics well.

The hack beams are a “problem” in that they don’t represent the ability well, but, the mechanics of him being in LOS is.

1 Like

Kill cams are recreations and not always entirely accurate. On top of that you have to account for things like latency.

Sombra’s hack breaks upon LOS. But you won’t get perfection from it or any ability unless you’re playing on LAN.

What are you talking about I am completely behind cover while hack is still being casted I couldn’t of played that any better LOL. This is why hack is a busted ability

So like OP SAID it goes through walls, just like I just showed

No. It doesn’t. On enemy Sombra’s screen the target was in full view the entire time.