SOLVED infinite loop repair & scan OW2 blzbntagt00000bb8

Yesterday i started play ow2 and got some horrible match with 250/300ms ping. I thought was my fault so i started a repair scan. after that i got this error blzbntagt00000bb8 and it started an infinite loop. I found only this thread: COD Warzone: Scan and Repair loop / BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 Errors - Desktop App Tech Support - Blizzard Forums
and was about COD.

After tried everything and with everything i mean i unistall battle.net deleted all folders used revo unistaller and deleted registry lines, tried to delete some folder for download again some files, i also tried to copy from another working ow2 computer all folders expect DATA. Nothing seems to work.

I finally found this comment:
"Krossus

I tried most of the fixes in here besides a full re-install and couldn’t get anything to work when I encountered this issue tonight. After getting ready to delete my COD folder and start the download I decided to throw a hail mary. In the /Data/data folder there were 4 files named: data.261; data.262; data.263; data.264; with file sizes of 1 KB each. These looked suspicious to me as the small size looked like they may be partial downloads or logs of some sort. I deleted them and reloaded battlenet. Cod did a quick update check, downloaded ~180mb of data, and the problem with the scan and repair loop has resolved."

So i went to search some data files and i deleted these files data.04 data.05 and data.041 they were under 1mb. After delete i closed battle.net and restarted.

I gave a try i didn’t want to download again the game and now it works.

SO DEAR BLIZZARD
The issue is caused from a bad Scan and Repair function. Do scan and repair check file dimension? Because it seems to just download missing files and not comparing ORIGINAL files to USER files.
(for example:
“ORIGINAL file 100mb - USER file 1kb = REPLACE”)

I advice you to implement your scan and repair function.

Hope some people can save some times.

23 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT REALLY HELPED! I thought it was hopeless but it isn’t.

1 Like

thank you! i was having a problem with the played button always being greyed out and tried to repair and ran into this mess.

1 Like

Thank you! This fixed the same issue for me.

Hey do can i get ur discord? i cant locate these damn files lol

Hey NeonWolf! If you go into battlenet, click the gear icon next to the play button, then select “Show in explorer”. Now open the data folder, then open the “casc” folder. All the data files should be there! Now just delete the 1kb files ONLY LABELED as data.##. Then restart battlenet, when you open it should start auto repairing/downloading.

I hope this helps, go eat some chicken for me :wink:

5 Likes

C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch\data\casc\data

I had this problem today. OP’s solution worked for me too.

wow instantly fixed it for, thank you!

THIS, THIS POST! WHY DOESNT IT HAVE MORE LIKES!
It worked thanks mate!

DUDE UR THE BEST , thanks a lot !

THIIISSSSS!! Thank you so much for fixing my OW2!

For me the only file with 1kb was data.41. Once I deleted that I scanned and it worked in seconds. Thank you!

OP I think I may be in love with you!

THANK YOU OP!!! Ive been trying too find a solution for 3 days now and this literally fixed it straight away!!! I had 1 data folder that was messing it up for me.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.