SOLUTION: Just remove the role queue

RQ is selfish imo and most people who like it seem like bullies (as seen by threads of DPS deserve long queue times in 222, and tanks deserve to suffer in 132).

9 Likes

Sorry but those polls are meaningless for a number of reasons. Only blizz know what is really going on and if they are introducing Hero Bans, it suggests what is going on with RQ is not good.

6 Likes

Ooooooof course you do.
Meanwhile, half my games consist of incessant whining because i’m playing Zarya.

2 Likes

Without asking each individual player his or her preference and compiling 100% accurate data, polls are the best way to determine this via statistics. There is absolutely nothing wrong with polls. Even with relatively few participants (100ish), the data remained fairly consistent across a number of them. There’s no reason to believe the polls are consistently inaccurate time and time again.

3 Likes

im actually happy when I see a Zarya, especially when you pair her up with a Reinhard.
She has an amazing ultimate, high DMG potential and can save so many games with a well timed bubble.
I personally never heard complains about the hero.

Just the player behind the character… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

11 Likes

The issue was that we had fights over DPS slots in spawn. There is more DPS mains than anything else, they want to DPS, and the team wants a balanced team.

How do you solve that?

By making it so there is a game of chicken in spawn for every game, where people threaten to run the team without tanks / support until people relent?

So the people who are the most unreasonable get to pick their favored role, and everyone else is left to be playing what they don’t want to play?

That isn’t a good system.

You don’t want a system which rewards selfishness.

13 Likes

Depends on the demographic the polls are taken from. If the poll is shared with people who like RQ, obviously it’s going to show RQ in a positive light. In the meantime, maybe blizz can see 70% of players quit playing because they hate RQ. Your polls don’t show that.

5 Likes

google trends would if it happened. (hint: it did not)

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. You can’t be sure your polls are taken from a balanced demographic so they are useless.

7 Likes

Did you know CTF comp is hated because there 6 stacks run goats and decimate?
Thats whats happening btw
remove roleque we go back to goats being meta and dps get to quite literally not play the game

Simple revert them without removing roleque
I mean I am sorry, but your attempt at masking Oh I dont want RoleQue because dps que times, is bad
Because if it is as simple as you put it, then reverse the buffs. But it is not as simple as you put it.

What Instability?
Having a meta no one likes?
Thats literally the description of every meta

6 Likes

Well, a lot of people against roleQ also made polls, and they came out in favor OF roleQ.

The pools here, and reddit, came up with the same ratios with different people.

So, you know, there is a pretty good chance they are right.

NONE of the people against roleQ have found a single poll to support them, and the pro roleQ people have around 20, all running roughtly 70:30 in favor.

There is a lot to say about how roleQ isn’t great, but, like, to say it isn’t popular isn’t really going to get you very far.

Tyranny of the majority may get you further. That the tank / support players get slightly better games for no downside for them gets them to vote for it, where the people it causes problems with, REALLY get hammered, but are fewer in number.

There is arguments to be had there.

5 Likes

The poll is shared with people in the general discussion forum. There is no reason to believe that people who visit the forums are for some reason biased. We’re not polling presidential candidates in a 90% blue county. It’s a globally and publicly available forum which a nearly completely random sampling, and if anything is more likely to be biased towards people who have something to complain about (since that’s what people commonly come to the forums to do).

Please provide proof. Saying “maybe” followed by a completely random statement that would fit your argument isn’t a valid counter argument.

5 Likes

There’s always that 1 guy that somehow missed all the begging for role q before it’s release, al the polls showing that the majority of the playerbase support it and the dev posts about how positively it was received.

5 Likes

This statement alone shows how skewed the demographic for your polls is. The fact that you are referring to polls amongst ‘pro RQ’ groups shows they are not shared in a balanced demographic.

Well here is something;

1. Only a fraction of the playerbase uses forums or reddit. Maybe these players have a natural disposition towards RQ seeing as they were the ones championing the idea.

2. Maybe the people who like RQ are more inclined to take those polls to support their agenda while those who don’t like RQ are indifferent (I don’t like RQ, I never took any poll to say so).

3. Maybe people who don’t like RQ already quit and aren’t even available to take part in the poll.

This is why your polls are just a silly gimmick.

6 Likes

I’m utter trash, but everyone i’m playing with is just as garbage at the game as i am because they’re Diamond too.

1 Like

Don’t be pedantic, it is a hypothetical suggestion. If you are really gonna follow that argument, then I really have to question your intelligence and if you are even worth my time.

1 Like

The bias of the person making the poll has no influence on the outcome when it’s posted in an unbiased location. There’s no “pro role queue” subforum or subreddit that these are being posted to. It’s just the general discussion and general overwatch/competitive overwatch reddit.

Sounds like you dont understand how statistics works.

2 Likes

Sorry but all of your arguments rely on flawed statistics and you know it. Don’t waste my time.

2 Likes

But some of the people who were ANTI roleQ also tried to make poll. and come to the same answers as the pro people, and the neutral people.

I have only put a fraction of the seas liquid water on my head. I think, that the rest, may also make me wet, but that is with a VERY small sample of the total population.

We have only sampled a VERY small number of atoms in our particle accelerators, but, I would be VERY surprised, if all of our results were different when we look at the next 1000 particles.

Sample sizes do NOT work that way. It may be a fraction, but, it is STILL a large sample, and more importantly, a large sample OF samples, and they all were self similar.

From the complaining we see here on the forums, I would find that hard to believe.

There have been many poll from just before roleQ came out, and a lot since.

They all have the same result, so that is “unlikely”

Yeah.

6 Likes

If you don’t want to actually backup your statements, then I suppose have a good night. I’m not going to waste my time either discussing with someone who’s primary argument is “nuh uh your stats are flawed and for all we know =insert random thing here=”

4 Likes