Soldier 76 is gay?

The thing is he does fit a bunch of stereotypes too. The older military guy who couldn’t be upfront with his sexuality because it was frowned upon in society and the military is a common stereotype lol.

People haven’t seen American beauty or for a real life example “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”? Spoiler alert there have been gay servicemen in the military for a long time now.

8 Likes

Oh no…is this the surprise Jeff was talking about…? I hope there’s more content.

Unless they are homophobic. Very interesting isnt it? :joy:

3 Likes

Right? I thought it was announced really well. It doesn’t surprise me at all. I find it fits his lore really well. I love that 76 got more added to his story.

3 Likes

I think what matters in the fact that he’s gay is that it tells us more about his identity… It’s not about the “risk” of him still sleeping with guys in the present.

:man_facepalming:
<3

I just don’t understand your logic. You say Tracer isn’t a sterotype, but it fits that she’s LGBT, but you also imply Soldier isn’t a stereotype, but that there’s some kind of problem with him being LGBT.

1 Like

‘‘I am not homophobic, I just dont think gay men are normal or natural despite history and science proving otherwise!!1! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HATEFUL TO ME???’’

7 Likes

Yeah. No one would probably. But the characters are the reason this game is somd so well. In stories you need to go over board. Normal peopel would be boring.
“Hi I am james smith and I am the new dps, I have fork and a cow!”

this really be how straight people talk, think, and act like LOL

1 Like

isnt that like, trying too hard for someone to be lgbt? seem like just a pr stunt for people to talk about it cause Jack its the opposite kind person to be that. if only it was to a character that would fit naturally. people can see it a mile away

3 Likes

To be fair, that’s actually KINDA Tracer as well, except not a man. Interestingly enough, Tracer and soldier are basically opposites… one male, one female, while her personality is based more towards her life and being happy while soldier excludes his life for his work, which makes him grumpier.
Flip side of the same coin I suppose.

1 Like

If you look at the roster. Blizzard had to choose one of the male characters to make gay. To me it was a poor choice and it feels forced. Its like they had to choose one, and settled on Soldier instead of making one of the upcoming new characters gay.
Would have been a better direction to take imo.

2 Likes

Is McCree gay as well at that rate?

1 Like

Trying too hard would be plastering it all over the game, the website and everywhere else. It was literally just implied in a comic and it hurts no one.

4 Likes

If they were really trying hard, don’t you think it would be mentioned beyond any shadow of a doubt in more than a single line of dialogue? I respect that many people wouldn’t have expected Soldier to be gay, but plenty of other fans feel differently. Clearly Blizzard does too.

3 Likes

People here really are pretending that ‘‘Dont ask dont tell’’ was never a thing?

3 Likes

LGBT people are just as diverse as non-LGBT people. Anyone can be LGBT, they don’t have to ‘act gay’ or anything.

5 Likes

Cool. Soldier 76 is trending in twitter.

1 Like

Now this is what I call podracing VROOM VROOM!!!

Mercy is my favorite character, I demand that she be trans and or lesbian. I expect this change within the next 6 months blizzard or the consequences will never be the same.

1 Like