Soldier 76 is gay?

They can be. It’s possible to look at something and think they are hot, but not want to bang. Or to think they have a wonderful personality and you wish you could spend your life with them, but not want to bang. Or want to bang, but have no romantic interest(Ever heard of friends with benefits? Prozzies? Hookups?).

You can look at a flower and think it’s beautiful, but not want to grow it in your garden.

Oh that’s too bad. Hating anything is too bad. Are you sure you HATE them or do you just dislike them?

How funny if he was talking about his son or something… some people would be so pissed.

Don’t care either way… I would love the story to actually move forward with real fun stuff.

The lore team and gameplay team are entirely different bases, dude…

1 Like

He is…
The Big Gay

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone would be pissed. What type of people are you thinking? The insane fan girl 15 yr old shippers who don’t even actually play the game?

Could not care less gay or bi. But this forum is reacting exactly as I expected it to. Sad really.

1 Like

The amount of support for LGBT people is astonishing. I was expecting the usual ‘’THEYRE FORCING AN AGENDA REEEE’’ you hear from a huge part of the gaming community, but thank you guys for standing up for the community (I happen to be straight, but still). Pray Soldier gets buffed too. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

soldier 76 said gay rights!

3 Likes

The whole idea of it not ‘feeling right’ is based on stereotypes though. Just because Jack doesn’t tick a bunch of boxes of how ‘all LGBT men should be’, doesn’t mean anything.

8 Likes

I knew it would tbh. I should have farmed the karma from reddit.

how is this any different than how they showed torbjorn with his children and wife, widow with her husband, or mccree and ashe? Where did they shove this down your throat? And how is it any different than those examples … except that is lgbt related.

5 Likes

Hahaha, it just dawned on me that S76’s line “I’m not your father!” had a hidden message about his sexuality :joy:
Well, kind of. Surrogates and stuff now that I think about it :thinking:

1 Like

where I live it isn’t socially acceptable as a gay person myself it wasn’t forced the way they did it was very well written out unlike how tracer was revealed.

Having LGBT characters allows for it to be normalized in society having them appear more is a good thing if written properly Jacks reveal was subtle enough to make it a good reveal.

1 Like

He can be my daddy, though.

2 Likes

Please re-read what I said… here was my exact words after that statement.
“There are exceptions to people not “fitting the bill” or “putting them in a box” but for the most part you can look at someone and guess their interests. Anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes talking to me would figure out easily I’m not a sports guy, and I wouldn’t even have to say it.”
Please don’t just quote one part of what I said without applying the context of the rest of the post with it.

But I do NOT disagree with you. The issue is with a game like Overwatch where everything is over-exaggerated by not just styles but personalities, it doesn’t make sense. You’re trying to justify something as being “realistic” when nothing in Overwatch is realistic to begin with.
For example, I can not name a single person who would say or act like any of the characters in the game. No one acts as western as McCree, no one acts as grumpy and “edgy” as Reaper (okay maybe 12 year olds) or anything like that… these are exaggerations of real life characters, perhaps even what some may call stereotypes (I would 100% consider McCree a stereotype).
There are some things that feel out of place. It’s just factual. Tracer is not a gay stereotype by ANY means but it certainly feels like her being gay makes sense. That is not a stereotype, its just the truth.

1 Like

Wish I was level 3 for the popcorn gifs

I have nothing against gay people. I just hate that it took them soooo much time to bring more ow story for us.
Also, I think it doesn’t really matter if he was gay, he can’t have a family now after all, since he’s a vigilante and it probably won’t change.

Thank goodness… I could use the time off…

What are all the homophobic cishets who self project onto him gonna do? Uninstall I hope.

2 Likes