Soldier 76 is gay?

I KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINNING HE WAS SO CUTE IN HIS ORIGIN SKIN!!! <3 love this so much

2 Likes

I’m sure a lot of people in this thread expect Soldier to undergo a full rework to turn his sprint into a prance and make his /hello a flamboyant wrist flick.

3 Likes

Honestly they look similar my guess it’s a younger brother, but unless anything comes out as clear we are still in the unknown. I wanna know who Gabriel is married to and has a family with, since it says that Ana and Gabe got to have families. Another note is that we got to hear the name of Pharah’s dad which is Sam.

i mean the times they decided to make someone a subject of representation. they already retconned tracer for that same purpose, just appealing and to give people to talk about. fortunately it did fit tracer back then.
also it obvious if then he adds that the other person is married after ana saying he was special to him. how else would you interpret that line? because you wouldn’t have problems with any marriage if it was only friendship

Had to? Why did they HAVE to? Was there a law passed in congress that I wasn’t aware of that said all video games must have lesbian/gay and trans characters in them now upon penalty of death? If it HAD to why not create a new fabulous character instead of changing the characters that people already love? Get out of here with that bs, I want off this ride please god it is time for an ice age or an asteroid.

None of the homophobes here has ever touched a gun why do they think that a fps caters to them :joy:

1 Like

copy pasting*
i mean the times they decided to make someone a subject of representation. they already retconned tracer for that same purpose, just appealing and to give people to talk about. fortunately it did fit tracer back then.

sigh
that is all

I feel like it makes him a less interesting character. He already had a good backstory, there was no point in trying to slide this in. There are way more pieces of lore they could have worked on and a lot more characters that need backstory.
And before you start slinging back, I am gay and S76 used to be my favorite character(I own his mask and his jacket).

If you eat a sandwich and you think it tastes good but it could be improved with hot sauce… you add hot sauce to the next sandwich, you don’t just pour hot sauce down your throat.

2 Likes

How was Tracer a retcon? I don’t recall any sign of her being heterosexual before. At most a lot of male fans were very creepy about her.

2 Likes

In what possible way did they retcon Tracer’s lore to make her gay or interesting?

2 Likes

TBH, I dont understand the big hype over lore.
I wish they would fix the game with frequent balance changes, and a bunch of other tweaks to make the game better than wasting resources on lore.
Lore should be at the bottom of the list. Now with some small hint we are going to be flooded by useless threads instead of focusing on what should be the main focus… Game mechanics, balance changes, fixing the game , etc.

…nope. next lines:

Ana was unconvinced. In the early days, Jack talked about
him often, floating a dream that the war would end quickly,
and maybe he’d have a chance to return to a normal life.
But a normal life was never the reward for people like us.
“Vincent deserved a happier life than the one I could
give him.” Jack sighed. “We both knew that I could never
put anything above my duty. Everything I fought for was to
protect people like him… That’s the sacrifice I made.”
“Relationships don’t work out so well for us, do they?”
Ana said, unconsciously running her thumb over where her
wedding ring used to be.
“At least you and Gabe managed to have families.”
The pair lapsed back into silence.

You thisting over Tracer doesnt mean she canonically wanted you.

4 Likes

You’re always beating me with the facts here. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think perhaps the reason why is because Tracer is not a stereotype while soldier in and of himself IS a stereotype of your average call of duty “I’m the macho man” character. You could say that sure, that happens and happened in the real American military often that guys hid it from others so they weren’t treated differently, but it just doesn’t change anything on how I feel about the situation. There’s a joke hiding in here somewhere that I wanna make because it would fit the conversation, and I think we’d all have a good laugh, but I’m gonna hold on to it until we get a little deeper haha.
I certainly don’t hate the idea of a male character, even an existing one, in Overwatch being gay. I definitely think their SHOULD be LGBT characters throughout the game as it makes sense, since that is in fact a real life thing. But I can’t help but think that soldier specifically may not have been the best choice. Just like I can’t help but not like asparagus… doesn’t mean I’m wrong, doesn’t mean I’m right, just not a choice I would’ve made if I were on the story team… Some people love asparagus :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I personally love it, so.

What story is the OP talking about?

I personally don’t care if Soldiers is gay or not, but I am kinda dissapointed about the whole surprise. I mean, it is only an epic level skin and a short story that contains almost no important lore and does not drives story forward. It looks like this short story was made only to hint at soldier’s orientation and please people who care about diversity and distract all other people from actual game’s problems and lack of content and real lore progression.

I don’t see how this, in any way whatsoever, lessens the quality of his existing backstory. It isn’t Blizzard’s style to release lore in order of importance. We now know more about who S76 is, and in a game whose main appeal is in its roster, I appreciate little tidbits of information like that.