Soldier 76 is gay?

they jsut doing this to make people forget about throwers,smurfs,toxic stuff and salt and that fake girl stuff that jsut happend.

1 Like

Yup he is gay. It’s on Michael Chu’s twitter.

But who cares, he is still fun af to play. Nothing changes.

But that man has heart. Lost the love of his life performing his dedication and duty to his country. We need more men like him.

Do you really believe that?

This fake girl stuff blew up only a few hours ago, you think they can rush out this work quickly enough for that.

Being gay is a “trend”? Anyone. Anywhere.

Or do you think that Jack Morrigan is just the kind of guy that if he did have any gay feelings he’d be the sort of person to repress those feelings and pretend to be straight?

Because if you think Soldier 76 is that kind of person, you don’t know Jack Morrigan.

Oh man, I didn’t know he was a woman? I guess an XY chromosome doesn’t make him a man. I mean, geez, this whole time he was a woman? Man, you have great eyes!

Yeah, ok Mr. I know all complex, sit down

1 Like

I posted this in another thread… but honestly, it belongs here too… let me know what you think, I’d love to know you guys thoughts as well. Funny times we live in I guess:

I honestly was hesitant to type anything out as this is one of those situations that I’ve already touched quite a bit in other threads, and I think this is a losing battle no matter what you choose to say… Soldier 76 is gay, and there are straight and LGBT people on both sides that agree and disagree with it.
“What makes it feel forced?” Simply put, the story where the reveal happens, the reveal does NOT feel forced. As a matter of fact the reveal comes up very naturally. And I think that’s a huge straw man that is being thrown around by the side who thinks him being gay is a natural thing for the story. That’s not what most people mean, the story was written just fine.
There’s this big problem. The problem is what our time period has MADE of gay people and people part of the LGBT. Some of this is due to us as straight people classifying all feminine activity by a male as gay, but other activities are absolutely caused by the LGBT community themselves. I’ve grown up around people from that community all my life, and the loudest voices in the community are always the most incorrect. Throwing around rainbow flags and sparkles has basically caused our society to associate homosexuality with being not masculine. We can argue all day about making assumptions, but the LGBT community is 100% to blame for that one because of what they have chosen to represent themselves. It’s an idea that love isn’t something that is necessarily masculine. Take for instance the reason “chick flicks” are called that… because they’re romantic movies. When you take a movement and qualify the whole thing under rainbows, sparkles, and love, it 100% creates assumptions in people’s heads, unfortunately generalizations sometimes.
Take for instance the notion that most US rich business owners in the 1% are old white conservative men… Is this true? I have no idea, but because of how we have portrayed them, and how they have presented themselves through representation, THAT is how they are seen.
I can’t remember where I read it, but I read quite a while ago that either the Roman army, or Greek army, or someone’s army… I don’t know, it’s late and I don’t feel like fact checking… had a majority of gay men in as their troops. If you guys know any more info about that or can correct me, please do so ( I know you will anyway lol).
But the point is, through all that… these guys did not go down in history as being flamboyant, sparkly, or have a rainbow flag, and it’s the same even with Leonardo DaVinci who was presumed to be gay. No one even really thinks about that, they think about his inventions and paintings. Heck even Freddie Mercury, one of the most incredible and influential musicians of all time, was gay, but he’s not known for being sparkly and rainbowy (ok, maybe like, just a little bit). He went down in history for what he did for the music industry, not for being a “gay musician”. But now a days, you can’t be gay without the assumption that your title and accomplishments will always have the word gay before them. “First gay this, First gay that”.
So the issue is, I’m willing to bet most people on here arguing is between the age of 17-32. We’ve all grown up around a culture whose LGBT representation has been pink, fluffy, “fabulous”, and sparkly… If you want to change that, it’s going to take some time. Perhaps soldier is a step in the right direction even? But that sums up why people think it’s a forced narrative choice. A well written, subtle, narrative choice, but still a forced narrative choice. I even personally believe that there are some people who helped make the decision that personally think it was not a good choice during this time because of what the implications now a days are if you’re LGBT. I don’t mean it rude, I genuinely mean it from the most sincere and loving way, but YES, it does feel forced because of assumptions, that not only have been accepted and brought on by people who are straight, but assumptions that the LGBT community uses to represent themselves as well. Neither side is 100% to blame, as both definitely have caused the assumption to get out of hand … it doesn’t mean it’s not realistic for him to be gay, yes it could happen, lots of things “could happen”… but not everything in overwatch has to mirror real life as it’s a video game with spoopy ghost men and giant mech suits.

TL;DR Both sides are to blame for this kind of controversy

3 Likes

Not gonna play 76 anymore.

heh… “feeling spry!”

The only gay story I will ever be interested in with Overwatch is Widowtracer. All the rest are just bull.

I personally don’t mind any gay characters in the game, be it guy or girl. It’s not shoved down our throats, so who really cares.

The only thing I don’t like is that they MADE Soldier gay. They didn’t make a character who IS gay, they made a character gay. Tracer has a couple of little traits that a person could use to point to her being gay (Tomboy hair, really supportive of that omnic guy who preached for equality, etc.) but even that seemed MAYBE forces. But soldier didn’t have ANYTHING like that for two years. No hints at a boyfriend, or anything romantic based at all… I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel roght with his character to me.

That’s not saying a character needs to be flaming gay, I actually like the non stereotyped gayness, but it just doesn’t feel like it was the original intention.

2 Likes

And what scientific study did you pull this information from?

I dont get it Clint Eastwood quotes as his voice lines to be honest better fiting for the lore would be if he was a -sexual soldier devoted to the cause to the point where his personal life is non existent , also i dont get it why it is so important to shove orientation of heroes in their lore comics isnt it better to reveal their past their motives, not whom they like to have sex with ,i hate political correctness i hate when miniority try to close your mouth with accusation of being homophobic if you dont agree with decision like this one where video game company serving lbgt Bonanza instead devote their time to balance and fix issues with their game my 2 cent’s worth

1 Like

… La blizzard non poteva far più schifo di così.

Is not catering, most publishers/developers don’t give a damn about things like these, is more of a diversion - make a subtle hint at a hero sexuality (which historically is always divisive) in a sudden short story and divert attention from issues that plague Blizzard. I’m actually impressed that so many people took the bait.

76 is gay.

And >
Zen is woman;
Orisa is man;
Bob is bisexual;
Torb is not a dwarf;

And Jeff is Omnic \o/

----------------Mind Explosion-------

Of course it won’t it’s pro lgbt

The Rian Johnson trilogy is still on - the cancelled stuff was all the haters making up stuff.

So don’t fear :D.

I don’t understand why you people can’t get that being gay has nothing to do with your personality. It simply means he likes men.

1 Like

fix the game they don’t want, they want to talk about the hero’s sexuality, f*** you blizzard. where is the new maps,modes and heroes?

He’s not, he’s Swedish

This. I respect this.

I remember a time when games were supposed to be fun. Now everything has to have a slice of life in it. And the comic’s writing reeks of romantic fanfiction.

How a person chooses to use their genitals is of no importance to anyone.

2 Likes