Sojourn was accidentally buffed again

This game is so trash lmao

1 Like

On the other hand, damage boost wont affect it, and headshots wont affect the charge anymore. It is overall a net nerf, since not every tank has armor, there is like 3 other non-tank heroes who have armor.

2 Likes

She does less charge when paired with Mercy/Zen, but more vs armor matchups. Will it change anything? Likely not, here’s hoping they adjust something in Season 3, but I’m already planning on being disappointed.

And I called it too. I truly hate being right sometimes…

But it’s easy to be right when you can predict Blizzard will mess it up again simply because they clearly do not play their own game that often.

They simply can’t understand that Railgun needs a complete overhaul, OR they can double the size of her hitbox. All would be fine then.

Make Sojourn and Widow 175 hp.

I don’t get why they’re so scared to make her less OP.

I do like the rail gun charge change however and it goes in the right direction.
Previously with a Mercy boost, she would get easily 7 charge per shot, even more with headshots.

Now it’s PLAIN 5, no matter the Mercy boost, no matter the headshot multiplier.

So at least they addressed one issue.

But the biggest issue is still her alt fire damage output that can one shot with a Mercy boost, and even without a Mercy boost the damage is really high.

1 Like

I often use Sojourn both in comp and in quick play, and I can’t honestly tell the difference between pre and post “nerf”. I believe the real deal is that she doesn’t get major railgun charge by being damage boosted by Mercy but hey… Mercy players that damage boost are so rare at my level that probably that’s why I don’t feel any impact from this nerf. :smiley:

Some people are delusional…

Sojurns railgun is so dumb. They will only give soldier a 120 max rocket that has travel time, self damage and slower recharge (assuming you hit shots) than railgun. What is the point of adding abilites that are literally just better than others and invalidate them?

1 Like

Yes, they want her railgun to be her identity and to be strong. I remember that when they talked about her development that they created her from the idea of having a railgun hero. Her primary and charge up system was just added to make it balanced, as just her railgun was too OP so they turned that into her Ult.

We need to put these blizzard in their GM lobbies for the learning torment

Her identity can always stand strong within the ult

not necessarily true. it changes the interaction with headshots and damage boost as well. you probably will have railgun less often unless your previous playstyle consisted of only shooting armored tanks to farm rail with no damage boosts.

I think its also important to remember the state of the game here. We are going into a meta that is going to lean towards Ram, and Orisa. Two heroes who both take advantage of Armor AND damage reductions… so on this patch specifically I think you can argue its a buff

Less railgun is definitely true.

Before it scaled with damage, gaining 50% of damage dealt as energy.

So before, Sojourn dealt 10 damage per bullet, 13 with damage boost. That meant 20 damage headshots or 26 damage headshots with damage boost. What that comes out to is 5 energy per bodyshot (unchanged), 6.5 energy per damage boosted body shot (now nerfed to 5), 10 energy per headshot (now cut in half to 5), and 13 energy per damage boosted headshot (now nerfed to 5, about a 60% decrease)

She’s going to build railgun noticeably slower. Couple that with the primary fire damage decrease She’s going to have a tougher time whittling someone down to quickly followup with railgun especially at range

yeah its quite funny how they buffed her again for the majority of the playerbase. not only do you not have to hit headshots anymore, no its 5 per shot hit, no matter how much damage. in conclusion that should lead to much more rightclicks charged and an increase of damage per second for sojourns who just spam their rightlclick on cooldown.

1 Like

Seeing no life Sojourn players with 30-50 kills when my team has 0 is anything but okay.

1 Like

Gotta keep her one shot for the OWL, they have convinced themselves that she is necessary to solve the OWL viewship problems.

1 Like

This change doesn’t really affect Sojourn all that much. All it’s done is changed the way you use Railgun. So, now, instead of building to full charge rapidly and then headshotting squishies with the railgun, you build off a target then use railgun to quickly finish them off. Rinse and repeat.

5 Energy per hit is still fairly good. Spread starts at 9 bullets (Or are they projectiles? I don’t play Sojourn) so if you hit all nine of those before spread kicks in, that’s already 45 energy.

I already knew it’s not enough, but top 500 players think it’s probably not enough either. Are top 500 players also in mud tier?

As long as Sojourn has a one shot, I will not watch OWL lol.