Sojourn was accidentally buffed again

You can’t farm their head hitbox with a mercy boost for 13 damage a shot.

Overall a nerf but a slight buff against Orisa who is likely to be dominant now. Orisa’s fortify and her natural armor no longer reduce energy gain. So likely, she’ll be a farm target unless she twirls her spear. Not like you could gain headshots against Orisa anyway while she fortified. Also a decent nerf to Mercy Sojourn combos.

This. You guys overreact to the max every single time. It is a net nerf. Is it enough, or is it what they should have done? No, I would argue it isn’t. But she is overall worse today than yesterday.

5 Likes

Half the tanks don’t even have armor, and only three non-tanks do. Even if you think the extra charge from armored bodyshots makes up for the reduced charge elsewhere, there are a lot of matches where this is strictly a nerf.

1 Like

How are they supposed to keep the outrage going when they mention all the facts?

6 Likes

Delightful

It’s like Pokemon and bug types, they want to do better but it’s just in their blood to make bad decisions and we end up with things like Spidops.

Blizzard just can’t not make bad decisions, it’s in their blood and they can’t stop it no matter how much they say they’re trying.

How many fricken patches do they have to do before they make it so Railgun can’t crit? Seriously. YOU’RE GOING TO DO IT EVENTUALLY, BLIZZARD. Might as well do it NOW.

5 Likes

And she’s still keeping that awful spread.

This is really going to hurt her pacing.

1 Like

I just tried her. and she feels sooooo much worse than before.
They simply destroyed her now.
and the players are saying its a buff lmao.

3 Likes

i’m sorry, but it’s no where near a mild nerf.
i just tried her and she feels so much worse and the damage they reduced it toooo much
imo they simply destroyed her.

2 Likes

They really need to vault her until they figure her out. I’m tired of them trying to nerf her without addressing the issue - her damn rail gun.

They also need to stop compensating her. She needs flat-out nerfs. ANd this does not do anything to address her + damage boost = one-shots.

3 Likes

These are some major nerfs. She’s going to have railgun so much less. A 1.5 increase in energy from armored bodyshots isn’t really compensation for the like 5 nerfs she got from these changes

1 Like

Yeah I have no clue except for maybe trying to reign it in so the amount of charge gained against Tanks would stay the same? Or just trying to deal with the Mercy/Sojourn combo? Not much reasoning to it from the developers.

I don’t think this is a buff, because most of the time Sojourn has a Damage Boost pocket from Mercy, which this change is directly targeting, I think it’s more of a neutral change, so while it may be that she can get it more often by herself, it also reduces the amount she would get if she had Damage Boost applied (Which I think negates the 30% armor reduction anyway?).

Basically this change just removes Mercy slightly as a problem when she pockets Sojourn, atleast that’s how I see it, because it doesn’t effect how fast she gets her Rail anymore.

Your forget that she always gains 5 charge,

Off blocking ram, off golden orisa, off vaping hog, off blocking doomfist, off nanoed enemies. In all of those cases she is buffed

1 Like

Overall it’s a nerf.

But it’s essentially another slap on the wrist.

Her burst potential and hyper mobility are IMO her key issues.

All this does it mean she can consistently get rail in 1.5 seconds of fire.

1 Like

I tried her as well, still a rolfstomper, epecially with pocket. Her burst damage is literally ridiculous

2 Likes

Far and few in between compared to every other circumstance where she’s gaining less energy than before

Instead of getting fully charged railgun in 7ish damage boosted headshots or 15 damage boosted bodyshots it’ll take 20 every time on top of doing 1 less damage per primary

Idk how you see it as a slap on the wrist…

Not only did she lose 1 damage on primary but she requires 20 shots to charge railgun in all circumstances instead of a fraction of that like it was before

Yeah… low-ranking players are going to have a rough time with her. High-ranking players are going to need to take longer to charge up that railgun.

Because they’re not significant changes, they don’t have huge impact on the things that make her strong, and probably won’t be enough to change her from being an S tier hero.

I’ve just found this out in practice range myself and really…

The problematic parts with the headshots remained the same because SHE HAS A HIGH AF FIRE RATE but it once again removed the punishment for landing bodyshots only so Tanks are screwed.