So you can't play Overwatch 2 if you have Cricket Wireless

Same, me and my older bro have cricket wireless and the game won’t take the number even though I pay around $200 a month for a family plan.

Fun fun fun, I just love being locked out of a game I paid for, twice, and therefore should “own”

But not to worry though guys, It’s all good, the games free now so no refunds LOL

9 Likes

Looks like alot of people are starting to reply to this because they’re getting off work. Anyway its a dam shame that this is happening I was really looking forward to playing this game today and all because of one phone issue none of us can play

4 Likes

Maybe because in places like UK you have to top up £10 etc to activate a pay-as-you-go sim card dunno if it’s the same as US or not

I have played this game for 5+ years with literal thousands of hours and now I cannot play either version because I have a plan through Cricket Wireless… this is absurd.

10 Likes

So ridiculous. They need to get on this or get me my refund. I don’t even want refund just want to play :sob:

3 Likes

I’m here to make more noise about this issue. How frustrating it is to be a years-long Overwatch player and now I can’t even login because Blizzard doesn’t like my cell phone provider.

3 Likes

Swear hype as hell after work. Found out a check was delayed too… I’m like this day cannot get worse :sob::joy:

2 Likes

Facts they’re about to lose my business for good if they screw me like this

4 Likes

They’re not even “better” phone plans. I used to have one of the larger cell carriers but switched to Cricket because it is the exact same service for half the price. All these people that are acting superior because they pay twice as much as us for the exact same product are idiots.

9 Likes

Wow i spend hundreds of dollars OW1 thousand hours and now watch point pack , but they treated their loyal customers who been waiting to support em on day 1 like this , because i have CRICKET LMFAO

5 Likes

Well then I’m not playing WoW anymore either. I Should just uninstall the whole battle.net launcher and say the hell with this company. I hope they get some sort of lawsuit against them.

4 Likes

the worst thing is I paid for the first game and now can’t even play the second one because i like 35$ a month unlimited phone plan i been on for years. Figured blizzard had enough money to come up with a better route. Hope this game burns.

5 Likes

I also have Cricket Wireless via a family-related plan and I also agree that it’s really unfair that I can no longer play Overwatch because of this issue. I have not only paid for the game and spent additional money on the game, but also worked a lot with my “collection” for my main. There’s absolutely no way I am changing phone plans just to play due to financial reasons. I still do like the game and the lore but this SMS verification feels like it is the end of the road for me for Overwatch.

8 Likes

I’m sure that’s just nonsense since my brother uses cricket and has never had a problem with any 2FA from any site. I’ve had more problems with post-paid Tmobile than he has and I’ve had to borrow his number for things.

3 Likes

I honestly wondered if there’s somewhere we could report this, like the FTC or something. It’s very anti-consumer.

8 Likes

I’m not entirely sure that its an issue with Cricket though… I’ve only ever had service through Cricket and my phone number seemed to work just fine. There’s no way it could pick and choose which Cricket customers to let through, is there?

Dont forget mint mobile is also banned. Thats what you get when you go to DeadPool for your phone needs.

Hang on, you should be able to play on Xbox and switch with the same number. It’s one number per bnet, but the bnet can be linked to multiple console platforms.

Oh absolutely. I’m absolutely certain a lawsuit will be opened up soon or at the very least an FTC investigation

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me and I owned OW since the beginning. It’s so frustrating to not be able to play just because I have cricket.

5 Likes