So... Wrecking Ball lore question

Omnics are just machines. You can literally build a machine into any shape or configuration.

But even if there are set factory configurations, I doubt we’ve seen all of them. Remember, we never saw the OR-Series until just before Orisa’s release.

3 Likes

Someone said it already but I also can’t believe that Winston didn’t notice the additional weight from hammonds pod.
Eeeeverything here is kinda fishy.
It seems the devs went with: “moon hamster from the moon, yeah!” And quickly made up a story on the fly.
There are a lot of plot holes, meaning that either they didn’t think this through, OR A SHORT or comic or something is on line to explain all that.

5 Likes

Actually, it’s a common misconception that Junkertown is omnic-phobic/no one ever saw the pilot/Hammond was a hamster at the time.

Actually, it’s a common misconception that Hammond hitched a ride/Winston didn’t notice/Winston is a super brainy scientist.

1 Like

LMFAO.

[LMFAO more.]

You can, but Machines are efficient. They’d build what works best for the least cost. They don’t have any personality added to the chassis. Wrecking Ball is clearly made out of scrap and unused parts. It has spikes and patches of steel and missmatched parts. That doesn’t exactly scream Omnic.

What if the junker queen knew who he is, but kept it a secret?

It’s already been established that the skins in the game game aren’t directly related to The lore, they’re just something fun for in-game, like how D.va has a junker skin but has never been to junkertown or how torbjorn has a deadlock skin but wasn’t in the Gang

1 Like

Also: does the mech has a name? Does Hammond call it something?
And is it an ai or just a fancy google translator for Hammond?

Omnics are not purely logical beings, as demonstrated by Zenyatta’s belief in the metaphysical.

Even if they were, adding human-pacifying aesthetics which aid in remaining undetected in an Omnic-phobic society would be well within logical parameters.

1 Like

Wrecking Ball <20202020>

The mech is technically what is called Wrecking Ball, and it has a minor AI that works as his translator, but it’s not sophisticated enough to have a name of its own, so since it’s technically part of the mech it’s basically just part of Wrecking Ball

Even with the OR-Series we only know there are at least 15 types, not all of which look the same. How are we to know whether there are types that look more like the Wrecking Ball mech or not? And an Omnic with rust and a bad paint job would look like it was made out of spare parts (because all robots are made out of parts that may look like scrap if damaged).

1 Like

I’d call him Wheatley. If you get where I’m coming from.

2 Likes

Not really an Omnics MO, is it?

Zenyatta and the other humaniod Omnics are different from the Bastion and OR series.

The mech should cry out for space when hacked.

2 Likes

Omnics are diverse enough in opinions and personalities to not have a set “MO”.

And? They’re still omnics. Omni-phobes don’t care.

In fact, given Zarya’s behavior, we can see that Omnic-phobes are perfectly capable of hating someone (Genji) that just RESEMBLES a machine.

Bigots don’t work on logic.

2 Likes

Alternate wrecking ball skin: potato

not directly related to Wheatley I know but still would be funny

Another main thing is that Bastion, at least, has a self-repair mechanism. If the unit only had scrap and discarded metal to repair itself with, then that would mean it would shortly start to look as if it were cobbled together from scrap.

2 Likes

As of now, like a few of them, she on her own side. She also has connection with Lucio, Rein is a fan of hers, and she does what she does, because she does not wish to see the world suffer like her country does. Areas like Eichwalde and Volskaya gets her sad side out, because of the destruction.

Not the ones used in war.

My point is that the Omnics used for battle and security are set to their programming. Omnics like Zenyatta are functionally different than Bastion